What are you playing now?

I've come across a bounty quest on a billboard in a random village that suggests I wait until I'm level 33 to tackle.  I'm currently at level 4.  I guess that's on the backburner for a little bit.

The detail in the game is just awesome.  A lot of the time, the character models in simple conversations look as good as you'd see in most games' CGI cutscenes.  Geralt's current armor, which I just crafted, looks really detailed, down to the buckles and stitching.

I finally reached the part where you supply answers to your "what happened in Witcher 2" dialogue with that guy.  I wonder how big of a difference my answers will actually make.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm level 5 and I have maybe ten quests that are from level 17 and up..

Leveling is pretty slow in The Witcher 3, at least in the beginning. It's a little bit annoying when you find some new blueprints for armour/weapons, you spend a fortune to forge it and it turns out the equipment you just forged has a level limit of 27. That actually happened to me.

Still enjoying the game immensely. I had an epic underwater fight yesterday before I fell asleep. I don't know why, but I always seem to love games where you can swim and dive. Like the first few Gothic's.. in fact, this game is a better Gothic than all the Risen's in the world. Imagine that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've actually always thought level restrictions for armor and weapons was such an arbitrary restrictions that is hard to qualify within the game world - unless it's a straight loot-em up.. I mean why can't Geralt use this almost identical chainmail armor? What makes it so much harder to use?

Fortune favors the bald.

Will probably take a break from it once Technobabylon gets released on STEAM though, really looking forward to it.

That's one of dem dere Wadjet Eye point & clicks, right?  I generally like their games, so I might have to give that a look-see.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing through the Dragon Age saga. Played DA:O again, still like it. Played Awakenings and the DLC mostly for the first time. Slightly more cheesey. I did enjoy the horror B-movie thing Golems of Amgarrak had going on.

Now playing DA2. You guys had given me really low expectations but eh it's alright. Kind of like Mass Effect 2 in Dragon Age.

• Like 1

Playing through the Dragon Age saga. Played DA:O again, still like it. Played Awakenings and the DLC mostly for the first time. Slightly more cheesey. I did enjoy the horror B-movie thing Golems of Amgarrak had going on.

Now playing DA2. You guys had given me really low expectations but eh it's alright. Kind of like Mass Effect 2 in Dragon Age.

You'll be fine in DA2, just don't be too critical

And remember to Romance the beautiful Isabela  :wub:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How many times have you visited The Cave™ so far?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'll do it for you Bruce :p

When the sex-cut scene starts, be sure to yell "THIS IS FOR YOU, BRUCE!"

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Fought some random level 9 bandits as level 4 Geralt, felt like cutting down trees and had to parry and roll a lot.

Then some Nilfgaard patrol passed and killed the bandits in one hit.

gg, legendary White Wolf, greatest swordsman in the North.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Will probably take a break from it once Technobabylon gets released on STEAM though, really looking forward to it.

That's one of dem dere Wadjet Eye point & clicks, right?  I generally like their games, so I might have to give that a look-see.

Speaking of Wadjet Eye point & click adventure games,  I spent some 4 hours playing Primordia and it was awesome! The dialogue, the characters, the jokes, the puzzles, the setting, they all feel original. The graphics do leave something to be desired though, that was my only minor complaint with the game. So If you guys are looking for one of those point and click adventure, I think Primordia is definitely worth checking if you haven't already.

Playing The Witcher 3 at the moment. Boy, the Wild at Heart side-quest gets really annoying and stupid towards the end. 

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Playing some Witcher Wild Hunt.  Nice.  Just ran in to

Letho

.  I loved how it happened as I was undertaking a completely different quest, too.  It wasn't just a "got an email from an old friend to meet at a tavern!" thing.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fought some random level 9 bandits as level 4 Geralt, felt like cutting down trees and had to parry and roll a lot.

Then some Nilfgaard patrol passed and killed the bandits in one hit.

gg, legendary White Wolf, greatest swordsman in the North.

Haha, almost the same thing happened to me. I was fighting some cannibals near the coast. I was having problems with a shield wielding leader guy when all of a sudden this blue muscular dude walks out of the sea and one-shots him. I was so surprised! Then he one-shotted me too. He was only level 15. I was level 5 and my opponent was level 6.

The Witcher 3 may not always be logical, but I'm having so much fun that I don't care.

I'm amazed at how much depth is put in to each of the sidequests in Witcher Wild Hunt.  Yes, at their heart they're all "fetch quests" where you're given a task by someone and a reward for completing it, but they're all their own individually contained stories with way more than your typical fanfare of "find my ring, fight the monsters that have it, then return to me for a reward" type paint-by-numbers (I'm looking at Dragon Age Inquisition).

They also can be completed in different ways, with vastly different results.  I just finished the Keira Metz sidequest, which turned into a quest as long as you'd find from a main story quest.  It had 3 or 4 different "parts" to it, and each part had choices where I could do one thing or another that would result in various different outcomes.  All that depth and it was merely just a sidequest that only partially had anything to do with the main quest (right at the beginning of the quest), yet felt like a main quest because of its depth and length.

Another thing that amazes me is the sheer amount of dialogue there is for even the minor-est of quests.  I think that's another reason for why each quest feels so fleshed out and detailed.  You don't just click on a character and have a short little "go find me my missing shield and I'll give you 100 gold".  There's usually a detailed backstory behind the quest that you can learn about before even undertaking it.

So far, it's living up to my anticipation.

• Like 1

I must be really unlucky, none of the 10+ sidequests I've done so far in TW3 have been anything special.

TW3 is fairly impressive, but I'll put CDPR below Reality Pump Ubisoft  BioWare Bethseda until they show me what they can do with a unique setting & characters.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I must be really unlucky, none of the 10+ sidequests I've done so far in TW3 have been anything special.

TW3 is fairly impressive, but I'll put CDPR below Reality Pump Ubisoft  BioWare Bethseda until they show me what they can do with a unique setting & characters.

I'm not really sure what you'd consider "anything special", then.  What more do you want from sidequests than what W3 offers?

The companies you mention (Ubisoft, BioWare, Bethesda) don't do any more with their sidequests than what's in the Witcher 3.  In fact, they often do much less.  Straight forward "talk to person to get quest -- kill bad guys who stole ring -- return to quest giver" routine, with very little actual story behind each.  DA:I was littered with quests where you literally click on a person with a bubble over their head, they give you a short description of what they need and how they lost it, and you go fetch it, which consists of maybe fighting a group of bandits, picking up the item, then bringing it back for reward.

IMO, it's the extra detail, extra bit of story/lore that have impressed me.  Obviously if you skin them down to their bare bones, all sidequests (all quests, even) are "fetch quests".  It's how they're presented, the detail they're given, that make them interesting.  So I'm really not sure how someone can play through the ones in the Witcher 3 and think they're not anything special compared to what we usually get from your typical RPG game.

Each sidequest feels almost like its own self-contained story attached to it.  Typically, you don't see that from other RPGs with regards to their sidequests nowadays.  Main quests, sure.  But sidequests, rarely.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

I agree. The Witcher 3 has some of the best side-quests I've seen in any RPG and I've only just scratched the surface.

I really want to hear which RPG has better side-quests than The Witcher 3!

• Like 1