What are you playing now?

Finished Wolfenstein The New Order, was a fun romp.

Now trying to finally finish the Witcher 2. I really really loathe the combat, especially the lack of a group stance for most of the early game is something I consider a beyond horrible design decision. Here's to hoping they came to their senses for Witcher 3.

Just got The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for the PS4. The game came with the soundtrack disc, a map and two stickers. The packaging was also pretty neat. :)  One hour into the game and it feels and looks great. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well, my game of Star Trek 25th Anniversary is ****ed.  The game breaking bug is there and nothing I do, even going back to an earlier save, can fix it.  I've followed what I'm supposed to do to the letter and the game is still stuck.  I guess I'll never finish it.  Oh well, I can watch the last few minutes of someone else's playthrough to see the ending, I guess.  Still a bummer though, getting caught out by a never resolved 20 year old showstopper bug.

On the positive end of the scale, Invisible Inc. is really good.  Turn-based tactical stealth is pretty much right up my alley.  The art style is really great too.  I can't wait to unlock more agents.

Edit:  Also, Invisible Inc. is really hard.  Catastrophic failure will happen.  A lot.  :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just got The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for the PS4. The game came with the soundtrack disc, a map and two stickers. The packaging was also pretty neat. :)  One hour into the game and it feels and looks great. 

Wait, what?  Isn't it not released until the 19th?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Damn, you're right. But this isn't anything new. It does happen a lot that shops bring games a little earlier. But this is a legit copy I bought. *shrugs*

I also noticed right now that the trophies haven't appeared yet. Probably because the game hasn't been officially released yet. I live in Tehran/Iran and the games here are usually either region 2 games from Emirates or region 1 games from the US. That's how things work in a 3rd world country I guess. I mentioned it here before but I also got Mass Effect 3 one week before the official release back then. :)

On the game itself: It's awesome, right at the beginning  I encountered an enemy that was pretty strong but with some patience, timed attacks, dodges  and parries I managed to kill it. 

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Wait, what?  Isn't it not released until the 19th?

This happens a lot, games get shipped out early, so they can be put out in the shelves on release day, some shops just start selling them straight away.

Can suck with online-only games, as you can install them but not actually run them till release date.

xosmi.gif

Still playing PoE.  I'm enjoying it so far.  It does remind me of the old IE games (which I guess was the point, huh).  My character's finally at a level where he has access to decent abilities, plus my stronghold's at the point where I'm making money.

I'm still trying to get the right mix in my party.  I've met a fighter, a paladin, a priest, another cipher, a wizard, and a druid (I think he's a druid), a ranger, and a chanter.  The fighter and paladin are always in my party because they're my main melee fighters.  The wizard's also always with me because he brings the pain.  The last constant is the druid for a similar reason as the wizard, but also because he can shapeshift and add to my melee crew.  So the last spot in the party rotates between the priest, chanter, ranger, and cipher.

Kudos, Obsidian, so far.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Witcher 2, have opted for a path loyal to Roche and motivated by survivors guilt spurred on by the failure to protect King Foltest. I always liked Foltest, in the books and in the games, so his death having extreme ramifications for Geralt seems to be a more natural and logical path for my playthrough. It was also based on the strength of the scene showing the Kings death, which i'd equate to similarly strong scenes in Obsidian products, such as the confrontation with Marburg, the Lightsabre scene at the Jedi Council and others.

Edit: Unfortunately this is objectively probably the most negative path, and assures much loss of life and tragic circumstances, but i've always seen the Witcher as a tragedy.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

After keeping my game-playing pretty low for a bit, the past few days I've been obsessively playing Path of Exile again. I will create the perfect Scion-mage yet, darnit. My last one was dps powerful but too glass cannon for the dungeon maps endgame, need one with a bit more durability...

The special summon skeleton army skill gem is so much fun...up to 28 minions when cast, now. Doesn't last long/has a long timer mechanic, but so much hilarity, and good for bosses.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Only one more trophy needed for Bloodborne and it's one of the three ending trophies. So I've started up a new character for my third and final playthrough. I'll probably skip most of the grinding and side bosses this time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Woohoo! Finished the main quest of NWN2 and am now playing Mask of the Betrayer. I like how even the battle music is different now.

I can't believe Neeshka and Sand betrayed me, though. At least I got to nail the Druid, though...

1aw3tiY.png

Man, Invisible Inc. is a TENSE game (yes, that needed to be ALL CAPS).  There are so many hard decisions to make.  Do you keep your team together or split them up?  Do you make a risky move or play it safe and stay hidden?  Keeping your team together allows them to work together and tackle more targets at a time, but time is one of your greatest enemies and splitting your team up allows you to cover more ground and more efficiently.  Playing it safe keeps you hidden and out of danger, but wastes precious time.  Things can get nail-bitingly tense as you try to make your escape once you've achieved your goal (or just decided to bail because it's not worth it).  The security noose starts closing in around you and you're desperately trying to stay hidden and find a way past the guards to safety.  In those situation, contrary to time being against you, patience is a virtue.  If you ever wanted to play a much less combat focused and much more heavily stealth focused XCOM, this is it.  I freakin' love this game.

Edit:  Also, this game is hard.  I got wiped on the very first mission on my first try.  I got wiped on the second mission on my second time around.  On my third (and current) try I just managed to survive the third mission (and rescued an agent in the process!).  That's on Experienced difficulty, btw.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Glover 64. Kill me. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just got my agency wiped for the third time in Invisible Inc., this time on the 4th mission, a vault breach.  I got into a situation where the security level was insanely high and I was scrambling to survive, then I almost pulled off the escape of the century, I was so close, but I made one teeny, tiny, minuscule, fatal mistake, and I was out of rewinds.  I can't quite remember the last time I was that close to epic victory only to suffer crushing defeat and enjoyed it so much.  This might wind up being my GotY for 2015, it's so damn good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I just picked up Valkyria Chronicles since it was 60% off on Steam. Haven't actually played anything since I wrapped up PoE some weeks back.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On to Chapter 3 in PoE.  It's funny, my party has no trouble against enemies I come across during the main story quests, but still get its butt handed to them in random encounters while traveling.

Destiny?! Yes, Destiny, some type of massively multi-something game. I spent the weekend at my brother's, who is max level and all that ... it was fun. Super pretty, decent challenge, a little samey same, even up to level 7, but I enjoyed it. 

Two first-ever achievements completed ... playing an MMO, and playing an Xbox One. Strangely, somehow I was not disappointed with either. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm not sure I'd really call Destiny an MMO.  I enjoyed it as well, but it is fairly limited in terms of how many people you are playing with in an area.

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm not sure I'd really call Destiny an MMO.  I enjoyed it as well, but it is fairly limited in terms of how many people you are playing with in an area.

Is Borderlands considered an MMO?  Because that's basically what Destiny feels like, to me.

Borderlands seemed to have more things to do, as well.  Destiny was fun for a time, but seems kind of bare once you've spent a bit on it.

Got my platinum for Bloodborne, pretty excited. This meant that I ran through it three times, defeated all the bosses, got all the equipment, and beat the chalice dungeons. And I loved every minute of it.

Not playing anything now, but might grab the Witcher 3 this week. Depends on when the Hugo voter packet drops. Got lots of reading to do.

Nearing the end in Pillars of Eternity. Some things have happened in the game that were spoiled to me in this thread series. It was a bit of a shame that it occured, but it is not the end of the world. I'm enjoying the game despite some flaws. It's not an instant classic game or my favorite Obsidian game, but I do not regret my backing of it.

• Like 2

Got my platinum for Bloodborne, pretty excited. This meant that I ran through it three times, defeated all the bosses, got all the equipment, and beat the chalice dungeons. And I loved every minute of it.

Not playing anything now, but might grab the Witcher 3 this week. Depends on when the Hugo voter packet drops. Got lots of reading to do.

Speak of the devil, the packet dropped today right as I was itching to buy Witcher 3.

And then the battery on my kindle got really low while reading, so I bought it anyway to play while charging.

Next week I may have both internet and a PC that can handle at least some games (such as Pillars, Dead State, Age of Decadence, Wasteland 2... so many rpgs waiting to be played)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).