Tips for dealing with wraiths/banshees in The Wailing Banshee

So I'm a bit stuck (hard + expert) on The Wailing Banshee quest in the light house. On the first level eventually like 15+ wraiths spawn and I can't seem to be able to deal with them.

Main is a Cipher, and using all the other named party members I've discovered so far.

I guess what I'm asking is, what are good ways of dealing with wraiths, do they have a vulnerability that I can exploit? 

Thanks,

Colton

Just put double retaliation on your tank (shield + armor/cape) and watch them obliterate themselves. If you fell like it attack them for lolz to let them die even faster. Stuff like soul shock hurts them pretty bad, if you are high enough to have amplified wave ... GG

Edited by Raven Darkholme

- send in fighter, buffed to the nuts. Make them run around a bit so that some/most of the spirits use their teleport. Engage as many as possible.

- send in the rest of the party, shoot some nukes, bunch everybody up against a corner to avoid teleports into the middle.

- buff against fear

- priest uses armor of faith and consecrated ground to fight the collateral AoE damage from killing banshees or whatever

- use fire, I think they are vulnerable to it

Okay thanks but the problem is that their spawn in this quest is scripted and they spawn literally in a full circle around my party. Any tips for how to deal with that?

My tactic doesn't depend on the rest of your party to survive. ;P What level are you anyway?

Okay thanks but the problem is that their spawn in this quest is scripted and they spawn literally in a full circle around my party. Any tips for how to deal with that?

The spawn is scripted but the script has trigger. Position your party and let one member to trigger?

• Keep tight formation
  • Drop a couple of repulsive seals to block shades from attacking
  • Drop shining beacon on top of the shades
  • Win

Lvl 7+ priest needed. Ofc this is just one of many possible tactics.

Edited by MadDemiurg

hola,

anytime I encounter these teleporting ghost I do this:
- find a corner

- put everybody in very tight formation, mages on back, fighters on front, make sure there is no space in your group by moving cursor around , looking for the 'four leaf clover' 

- pull them, wait till they are all in front of fighters, then use any AOE like fireball , searing seal or jolting touch (best from stiletto or bow)

in the Lighthouse case:
- there is a nice tight corner on the top-left side of the 1st floor room (don't use the right side room, that one is too big, they port behind you)

- rogue triggers the event and then use invisibility and run away 

- alternatively priest can trigger and use Withdraw (best when he's beaten a little, so he stays out of combat longer)
- when most of the ghosts stands right in front of your group, release the AOE hell (in my case Cloudpiercer bow) 

hope that helps 

This was one of the hardest fights for me in PotD.  After reloading a half dozen times, I just went back and completed the quest in a different way that didn't require me to fight the banshee and spirits.  Perhaps I could have done it if I came back when I was closer to level 10, lol!