Common & Recurring Bug List Patch 1.05

Baladas

Question

Here is the updated bug list for the current build.

Dear devs and communities, since there are a lot of fixes recently and some are not documented fully. Please let me know if a bug is actually fixed and I can amend the post accordingly.

1.  Charmed enemies keep party buffs after charm expires and related bugs.

Threads:

onetwothreefour

2. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six.

3. Defenses and afflictions don't stack properly bug.

Threads:

onetwo.

4. Status Effect Bug (Especially Blinded):

Threads:

one; twothreefourfivesixseveneight.

5. Monk transcendent bugs or "Noonfrost" bug. (various issues, perhaps interrelated). Thanks to  El Zoido for pointing out the correlation to the "Noonfrost" bug. 

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive.

6. Duel wield and unarmed bugs (various issues, perhaps interrelated).

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six; seven.

7. Retaliation procing on friendly spells/abilities bug.

Threads:

one; two; three; four.

8. Spellbind items bug.

Threads:

one; two; three.

9. Paladin auras continue to sometimes not display properly or not apply to allies.

Threads:

one; two; three; four; five; six; seven.

There are also various ques bugs littered through the forum. I am not sure what ones are fixed or not.

Please post any COMMON and RECURRING bugs in this thread, i.e bugs that you and OTHER people are experiencing.

Also to help out the devs if people who are experiencing issues could post their save files then they will able to tackle the issue more efficiently.

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 3

10. Stronghold-hirelings-currently-unpaid-and-treasury-bugs.

Threads:

one; two; thee; four; five; six; seven; eight.

Still an issue as of patch 1.05:

Quote:

huang:

"All issues with 1.05:

I still have that problem too. Directly after the log in the stronghold says wages paid and how much: http://i.imgur.com/8W0hl7D.jpg

It still says all are unpaid: http://i.imgur.com/uDovtMN.jpg

Also check out the Dunryd Psion in the second screenshot, who has apparently 0 wages and +0 security and prestige..."

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 2

12. Inventory items disappearing. Still an issue.

Threads:

here.

Quote:

Qiali Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

"Just happened to me. Aloth, inn. That hurts, i found it out after re-writing my main save-slots."

Please could the community confirm if this is fixed as of 1.05. I can then remove this listing.

Thanks.

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 1

Editing a custom formation while it is selected doesn't apply the changes until you deselect and then relesect it. This happened to me sometimes at launch but began being a 100% thing after patch 1.03.

Please give at least reference to others who have this bug and attach a save file. Otherwise this will not help to resolve the issue.

Tip: There is such a thing as warning fatigue, where warning too frequently used end up becoming ignored. Since your list with thread examples is rather huge, you could benefit from using the URL tag. Your posts will end up under 30 lines and become easier to skim through, which should help decrease warning fatigue. Example:

12. Against the Grain Quest Bug: Report thread one, two, three

Edited by Adragan

Tip:

There is such a thing as warning fatigue, where warning too frequently used end up becoming ignored.

Since your list with thread examples is rather huge, you could benefit from using the URL tag. Ex:

You posts will end up under 20 lines and decrease warning fatigue.

Thanks, that is a very helpful suggestion, but I don't know how to do that.

Perhaps you could explain to me how that is done.

Sorry. Just write normally, i.e.:

Then copy the address you'll want to link to with CTRL+C, come back to your post and highlight the word(s) you want to turn into a link. Here, "one".

Click on the link icon in the posting tools, it's the one below the "Size" drop down list that changes font size

Paste the address into the URL field and click OK

Rince and repeat for "two" or "three" with your other links :)

5. Monk transcendent suffering bugs (various issues, perhaps interrelated).

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesix.

I appreciate that you are trying to collect the unresolved issues into one thread, but please do some investigation into those issues before you post them!

Simply reading through those few links shows that TS-reports 1,2,4 and 6 are the same issue and happen not due to TS being buggy, but rather because an ability of the Paladins in the Noonfrost quest is bugged. Issue 3 seems to be more of an inconsistency than a real bug (?) and 5 is probably not a bug either but a misunderstanding due to TS fully activating only in combat.

If it's the same with other items in your list, you could probably cut the list in half already just from doing a little bit of research.

Edited by El Zoido

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesix.

I appreciate that you are trying to collect the unresolved issues into one thread, but please do some investigation into those issues before you post them!

Simply reading through those few links shows that TS-reports 1,2,4 and 6 are the same issue and happen not due to TS being buggy, but rather because an ability of the Paladins in the Noonfrost quest is bugged. Issue 3 seems to be more of an inconsistency than a real bug (?) and 5 is probably not a bug either but a misunderstanding due to TS fully activating only in combat.

If it's the same with other items in your list, you could probably cut the list in half already just from doing a little bit of research.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesix.

Thanks, perhaps you want to do that research?

I am not paid for this, I do it out of my own voluntary time, and it took me a while to do even what I have.

Anyhow, they are still bugs and they are still unaddressed whatever bugs they are, its up to the devs actually to pinpoint the nature of the issue.

By having list of where similar bugs are reported is surely helpful as it will help resourceful people like you do further research as to the nature of the bug, as I am sure the developers are competent enough to do for their own game.

You may also notice that on that particular thread I put a suffix of "various issues, perhaps interrelated".

Again, I stress, this is not my job and I am not obliged to research anything, I am just comping the bugs that have been reported under the same name in one place. If someone wants to do further research and help to adjust the posts accordingly then great. Any help in this area is appreciated.

I also request that this thread is kept to topic. If you notice any inconsistencies then no need to complain, just note them, post them with an explanation and corresponding links. If  a save file for the devs as can be provided for each issue that would also be great.

Thanks.

Edited by Baladas

Thanks, perhaps you want to do that research?

I am not paid for this, I do it out of my own voluntary time, and it took me a while to do even what I have.

Well, I'm not payed for it either ;) , but if I get around to looking into some of those things, I'll send you a message and you can include it into the original post.

Well, I'm not payed for it either ;) , but if I get around to looking into some of those things, I'll send you a message and you can include it into the original post.

I already updated the "Transcendent Suffering" bug threads. The rest seem ok. I checked them all. Plus we have some new ones!

Edited by Baladas

12. Inventory items disappearing. Still an issue.

Threads:

here.

Quote:

Qiali Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

"Just happened to me. Aloth, inn. That hurts, i found it out after re-writing my main save-slots."

Please could the community confirm if this is fixed as of 1.05. I can then remove this listing.

Thanks.

Perhaps this is related?

Link.

Any fixes for these coming in 1.0.6? Still waiting to start a game since stopping pre 1.0.3.

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Any fixes for these coming in 1.0.6? Still waiting to start a game since stopping pre 1.0.3.

My advice is to play now. 1.06 is probably another month away and such lists make the state the game is in look much worse than it really is.

Most gamebreking issues are fixed and the few potential gamebreakers that are still in seem to be relatively rare or specific.

If you want to make sure, read about certain issues in advance and try to avoid them (e.g. the Noonfrost issue can be avoided entirely and is anyway at the end of the game).

For what it's worth: I started with the release version and finished on 1.04 and never encountered anything so serious that it killed my enjoyment of the game.

• Like 2

Something that is occuring in my game since 1.05 beta and hasn't changed with the final release. If you set a trap and the red circle is still visible, whenever an area spell happens to overlap that region, the character ordered to cast makes a beeline to disarm the trap instead of casting. There's no indicator of this going to happen. The spell symbol shows up just fine when clicking the mouse pointer. Same with melee characters ordered to attack an enemy standing on or next to the trap region. Again, the sword symbol shows up, but the char starts the disarming routine instead.

This is pretty annoying, since it shouldn't happen in any case that you are even able to disarm traps during combat.