Fun Fact: Caed Nua library has books in it

Ok, that's not really the fun fact.

The fun fact is that as you find books in the game, copies will get "unlocked" in the Caed Nua library. Find all the books, they will be on your shelves. 

If you're reading this, nice touch, Tim!

• Like 11

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What it really needs is a Tome of Amazing Agility, or a Codex of Stupendous Strength, etc. 

Or maybe an Idiot's Guide to Disarming Traps. 

Or Super Simple Stealthing in Six Simple Steps.  :ninja:  (The book might be nearly invisible and require 10 points in Mechanics to detect.)  :devil:

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 2

Are the books voice acted?

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

That's cool, I usually can't be bothered to read the books (I did first playthrough, but they're pretty dry and a lot of historical exposition is revealed in game any way) but it's nice to know that if I fancy a reading binge I can do.

That's a really good question. I'm not even sure you have to read them. I read every book I found during my 1st playthough and the ones I didn't find the first time in my 2nd playthough. Haven't read any since then. They still show up in the library though, so I'm guessing you simply have to pick them up.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I wonder...  What about the books you picked up before getting the library?  Will they show up?  Or maybe you have to take them to the library to have them show up?

This is a nice touch indeed.

I wonder...  What about the books you picked up before getting the library?  Will they show up?  Or maybe you have to take them to the library to have them show up?

This is a nice touch indeed.

Yes, books you pick up before the library unlocks will be there.

I had noticed that each time I visited the library, there were more shelves available than there were the previous visit. I suspected that this wasn't random and that the cause of the new shelves was my finding new books.

So after starting a new character and progressing to the point that the Library was available, I moved all the books I had from the stash to inventory. Then I went to each shelf, identified the book, and moved my copy to that shelf. When I was finished, I had no more books in my inventory, thus confirming that finding books unlocks shelves.

The only thing I haven't resolved is if selling the book will disable the shelf. I doubt it, but worth checking someday.

Nice touch.

I wonder if the developers will add a NPC Librarian to the library room? The librarian could be another source of quests 

Librarian - "My Lord we are missing the Book of  xxxxx. Acquiring it would complete your collection"

Librarian - "My Lord, your book of Lexor contains clues to the location of the lost city of the Dwarves"

• Like 1

EdwinP, you should should start writing checks for all these ideas you keep having. Development time costs money, or didn't you know that?

Edited by Achilles

The fun fact is that as you find books in the game, copies will get "unlocked" in the Caed Nua library. Find all the books, they will be on your shelves. 

That is great news! I mentioned something about adding that feature back some time a go in this thread  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77215-books-organize-in-inventory-or-stronghold-library/  Was it patched in recently or had this already been there and I didn't realize it.

That is great news! I mentioned something about adding that feature back some time a go in this thread  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77215-books-organize-in-inventory-or-stronghold-library/  Was it patched in recently or had this already been there and I didn't realize it.

My guess is the latter, but it's entirely possible it's the former.

That's a big enough change that you'd think it would have at least deserved a mention in the patch notes, if it were something new.

But does it have the full volumes of The Lusty Argonian Wench?

If you can pass the Mechanics check, there's a copy of a Dunmer pillow book hidden behind the map in the corner.

Quick update: Reading the book isn't sufficient; it must hit your inventory (Stash counts) in order to unlock in the Library. 

Hopefully this means there aren't any steal-only books in the game :(

Quick update: Reading the book isn't sufficient; it must hit your inventory (Stash counts) in order to unlock in the Library. 

Hopefully this means there aren't any steal-only books in the game :(

As far as I can tell, even in areas with steals, books don't count - you can happily take all the books from peoples' homes/offices/temples and nobody blinks.

(Can't be sure though - just don't remember seeing books in a 'thief-icon' box)

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: