Full Making of Documentary is Now Live!

Good documentary, definitely worth the wait. I'm glad I was able to be a (very small) part of the process and more just generally glad that this game was made. It can be sort of disheartening spending too much time reading peoples' complaints about the game here, at the Codex, etc., but it's nice to realize how well this game has done. So, congratulations, you guys made a great game that lived up to the promises you made in your pitch. Also, the broader implications of a 2D, party-based, isometric RPG with a focus on story getting such a high level of critical acclaim are exciting as it further validates the importance of the subgenre, and will hopefully inspire other such titles. Looking forward to the expansions and PoE2 :)

• Like 1

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Excellent documentary. I feel like we need another Kickstarter to get Tim a chair.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Awesome! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for including the part about how the music was done. I was happy to see it. I use to play the trombone back in the day and liked how you took your "local talent" into account to utilize your resources the best you could. Music in the game is fantastic and really helps set the mood/makes you want to stay.

Great job Obsidian! I'm for sure looking forward to future iterations of this IP!

• Like 1

Downloading right now, it will be my movie for tonight ;)

Thanks!

Hi fellow backers, how can this movie be dowloaded? My browser (Opera) only shows me a "watch video" button.

How do I download this? ** a little confused** thanks for your help in advance.

@Obsidian: Thank you for uploading and creating this Movie!

Edited by lightblade75

Just finished watching and enjoyed it very much.  Thank you OE developers for sharing this.  You did a great job.

:biggrin:  Hokay I am ready for the expansion.  :w00t:

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Just watched it also. Felt like it movies a bit fast but I guess that's just what happens when you try and capture such a time-period and project in such a short amount of time. :)

Would've loved to see more about design and story side of things though, developing classes, the story, companions, the lore and all that. If there's any spare footage of that, put it up as extras! :p

Still, really enjoyed it. Was awesome to see the stuff about music and recording using the local talent. Very cool. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hi fellow backers, how can this movie be dowloaded? My browser (Opera) only shows me a "watch video" button.

Yeah, would be nice to know how to download the Documentary.

Also, when i click on watch the Video opens but when i click on the start button nothing happens.

Anyone else has that problem?

Yeah, would be nice to know how to download the Documentary.

There is no direct download link.

I used youtube-dl to download the original .mp4 from the streaming link:

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

Ugh this video loads like pondwater for me. When will it be up on youtube?

At least it is loading for you.

For me i only get the loading screen for 20 minutes and nothing loads/happens.

Hope it will be on youtube (or there will be a download link in the Products tab pretty please?), so

i can see it too.

Ugh this video loads like pondwater for me. When will it be up on youtube?

At least it is loading for you.

For me i only get the loading screen for 20 minutes and nothing loads/happens.

Hope it will be on youtube (or there will be a download link in the Products tab pretty please?), so

i can see it too.

It should eventually be downloadable through gog/steam (my gog account has 'Documentary: Coming Soon')

They mentioned before allowing certain tier backers to dl through the backer portal but others maybe only streaming.  Not sure if that's still the case.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: