Can I play yet without major bugs?

I'll be quick.... had to start over because of all the pre-1.0.3 bugs. I've been waiting to play since.

I don't have a ton of time these days to game but I was enjoying PoE a lot before I had to stop. I don't have time to start over yet again because of system/mechanics/quest breaking bugs.

Can I "safely" play this game now, post 1.05? Or should I wait for another patch 1.06? I don't mind little bugs and things but bugs that break the game systems and mechanics are too much for me.

Thanks for the advice!

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I'll be quick.... had to start over because of all the pre-1.0.3 bugs. I've been waiting to play since.

I don't have a ton of time these days to game but I was enjoying PoE a lot before I had to stop. I don't have time to start over yet again because of system/mechanics/quest breaking bugs.

Can I "safely" play this game now, post 1.05? Or should I wait for another patch 1.06? I don't mind little bugs and things but bugs that break the game systems and mechanics are too much for me.

Thanks for the advice!

1.05 is supposed to have fixed most of the "break your character" bugs and the game-breaking quest bugs.

Have a very nice day.

-fgalkin

Everyone's mileage varies in terms of what bugs they get and how tolerant they are of bugs. 

Major 'what the hell' bugs were quashed in 1.03, and 1.05 introduced many new fixes. Make of that what you will. 

• Like 1

There should be very few (none?) "hard" bugs that will actually be gamestopping or considered "major". There are probably some strange things that could feel like bugs that you may or may not run into, but ultimately, those aren't really bugs and it's not clear whether they'll be addressed or not, since they're just.. odd content stuff.

But as for major bugs, nope, most should be squashed.

t50aJUd.jpg

Most bugs were fixed in 1.03 and 1.04 - I did a completionist playthrough on 1.04 with no major issues.

Obsidian appears to be waiting for 1.05 to start shipping physical media, which suggests 1.05 is where they wanted their game to be on release.  (Incorrect, see post below) The beta test for 1.05 is already available on Steam and fully playable, so you can begin your 1.05 playthrough already. 

I would not wait for further balance patches for two reasons:

1) Balance overhauls require far more work than bugfixes. It will probably be 2+ months until 1.06 (Incorrect, see post below), depending on the amount of balance changes they include.

To give you perspective, Divinity: Original Sin developers have been working on rebalancing encounters to solve the late-game difficulty slump for over 9 months, with no ETA.

2) It gives you a reason to replay the game later! You'll get a different gameplay experience even if you use a similar party composition. 

Edited by Concordance

Most bugs were fixed in 1.03 and 1.04 - I did a completionist playthrough on 1.04 with no major issues.

Obsidian appears to be waiting for 1.05 to start shipping physical media, which suggests 1.05 is where they wanted their game to be on release. The beta test for 1.05 is already available on Steam and fully playable, so you can begin your 1.05 playthrough already.

I would not wait for further balance patches for two reasons:

1) Balance overhauls require far more work than bugfixes. It will probably be 2+ months until 1.06, depending on the amount of balance changes they include.

To give you perspective, Divinity: Original Sin developers have been working on rebalancing encounters to solve the late-game difficulty slump for over 9 months, with no ETA.

2) It gives you a reason to replay the game later! You'll get a different gameplay experience even if you use a similar party composition. 

This isn't what Obs said in their Kickstarter Update (sent out today), Here are the salient bits:

"Physical discs are being printed for shipping now. One reason for waiting was so we could get the 1.04 patch as the base build on the disc. You should start seeing your discs in the next few weeks."

"We anticipate that 1.06 will be shipping out later this month. 1.06 will continue the trend of adding in new features, balancing existing gameplay, and fixing bugs important to the community."

Edited by Ink Blot

Everyone's mileage varies in terms of what bugs they get and how tolerant they are of bugs. 

Major 'what the hell' bugs were quashed in 1.03, and 1.05 introduced many new fixes. Make of that what you will. 

This is very true.  I have had no game breaking bugs since the game was first released on Steam.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Seems like things are getting in better shape. Maybe 1.0.6 is the "one" based on this: "We anticipate that 1.06 will be shipping out later this month. 1.06 will continue the trend of adding in new features, balancing existing gameplay, and fixing bugs important to the community."

I've waited this long I mind as well hang in there till 1.0.6.

And yeah... KS'ed DD:OS, never played it yet waiting for "final" patch, KS'ed Wasteland 2, never played it, waiting for update, Pre-ordered Dragon Age:I, never played it because of "party banter" bug... on and on and on... buy games, never get to play them because they are "broken" products. I KS'ed Shadow Returns took a whole year before I could finally play that one.

Edited by AstroCat

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro