Update #95: Patch 1.05 - New Features

You want our thoughts so here goes... It's really wierd that you continue to nerf and buff characters post release for a non MMORPG.  It's annoying that they nerf stuff.  AND they might not be done, this was done on May 8th. These changes affect saved games, and will change/buff/nerf.  It's too much!  Quit it already! See below:

Balance

• Reblanced XP rewards of some quests, particularly the bounty quests, to prevent parties from hitting max level before Twin Elms.
  • NERF Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2.
  • Wizard and Cipher's base endurance has been raised from 30 to 36, and per level from 10 to 12.
  • Wizard and Priests health multipliers were raised from 3 to 4.
  • NERF Interdiction range has been reduced from 20 to 10.
  • NERF Tuned down damage on the Retaliation mod.
  • Citzal's Spirit Lance will now do 50% more damage, is faster, and has an increased AoE.
  • Sanguine Plate's Retaliate mod has been replaced with Spell Holding: Frenzy.
  • Wind Blight's Returning Storm is now set to 1/encounter.
  • Earth Blight's Teleport ability is now set to 2/encounter.
  • Sturdy bonus is improved from +20 to +30 vs Prone.
  • Hand and Key's Preservation has been replaced with Loyal.
  • Aru Breaker's Preservation has been replaced with a +1 Speed.
  • Angio's Gambeson's Reflex bonus is replaced with 1/day Deleterious Alacrity of Motion.
  • Rebel's Call Preservation has been replaced with Wary.
  • Lightning Strikes damage is increased by 25%.
  • NERF Fan of Flames damage is reduced by 25%.
  • Minor Arcane Reflection base duration is changed to 60 seconds.
  • Llengrath's Displaced Image gives 50% hit to graze conversion on Deflection and Reflex.
  • Wizard's Double now grants +40 Deflection against a single attack.
  • Mirrored Images now grants a base +30 Deflection. It decreases by 5 after each hit.
  • Ilengrath's Safeguard's bonuses are now unified.
  • Crucible of the Soul, Speaker to the Restless, and Steps to the Wheel ranges have been increased.
  • Arcane Veil now grants +50 Deflection, with Hardened Veil adding +25, for a total of +75 Deflection.
  • Scroll of Paralysis is now slightly weaker and has a higher skill requirement.
  • All Spell Holdings are 2/encounter.
  • Soul Shock radius reduced from 2.5 to 1.25.
  • Blizzard damage reduced significantly and attack speed increased to from 0.2 to 0.8.
  • Overwhelming Wave now uses a range of 30-40 and stun duration lowered from 10s to 8s.
  • Noxious Burst trap damage now is in line with other player trap damage.
  • Reduced the accuracy on higher level player traps.
  • Unbroken is now a per encounter ability.
  • Malignant Cloud damage increased.
  • Ghost Blades set to foe only.
  • Death Ring damage slightly raised, made foe only.
  • Ninagauth's Freezing Pillar switched over to foe only.
  • Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon set to foe only.
  • Stag's Horn damaged lowered. Reflex and Deflection penalties cut in half, and reduced duration from 15 to 10.
  • Bracers of Spiritual Power and Archer's Gloves reduced damage from +20% to +10%.
  • Scroll of Revival AoE reduced, range slightly reduced, and restored endurance halved.
  • Marked Prey and Sworn Enemy have been set to 0 recovery actions, so they can be used and the Ranger/Paladin can immediately act again.
  • Winter Wind has had its damage, range, and push decreased. Base interrupt has been increased.
  • Vile Thorns has had its damage increased and range decreased.
  • Petrified has had its damage bonus reduced from x4 to x2.
  • Like 1

So, in order to play the game without the makers nerfing my characters, I need to wait several months until they stop nerfing and buffing MY GAME.  It's my game now Obsidian, PUT THE NERFING AND BUFFING TO REST!

So, in order to play the game without the makers nerfing my characters, I need to wait several months until they stop nerfing and buffing MY GAME.  It's my game now Obsidian, PUT THE NERFING AND BUFFING TO REST!

At least you can play it.

I won't even get the chance to play 1.0.0 even if I want to. I guess it's 1.0.4 that'll be on my disc when it turns up? Dodging spoilers has been so much fun thus far and I've been at least 70% successful at it!!!!!

Why are new features being rolled out with these updates? This game is barely playable. I'm playing v1.05 on a MBP (no discrete GPU). I get at least 5 crashes/freezes per 2 hour session. I understand it may not be an efficient use of time to have everyone chasing down bugs, but IMHO 'features' can wait until you have something that resembles a stable game.

Why are new features being rolled out with these updates? This game is barely playable. I'm playing v1.05 on a MBP (no discrete GPU). I get at least 5 crashes/freezes per 2 hour session. I understand it may not be an efficient use of time to have everyone chasing down bugs, but IMHO 'features' can wait until you have something that resembles a stable game.

Have you been having crashes since it came out? I'm also playing on a MB pro but from 2009 and mine hasn't crashed at all. It's slower than the turtle olympics at start up and exiting the game, but just a little slow otherwise. Which OS are you using? It's not uncommon for the newer OS systems to not play well with software that was not specifically written for it.

• Like 1

Have you been having crashes since it came out? I'm also playing on a MB pro but from 2009 and mine hasn't crashed at all. It's slower than the turtle olympics at start up and exiting the game, but just a little slow otherwise. Which OS are you using? It's not uncommon for the newer OS systems to not play well with software that was not specifically written for it.

I downloaded it from GOG a few days ago (after the most recent patch). I'm on Yosemite (10.10.3). I am getting consistent crashes on loads, saves, transitions, and sometimes for no apparent reason. I've searched around for fixes on my end and have found none for the problems I'm experiencing.