Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paladin (solo) vs adra dragon (PotD)

Paladin Solo Adra Dragon PotD Tank

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

alexis13

alexis13

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 116 posts

Wtf are you guys talking about? you can get adra dragon scales off mini adra dragons.

wut

Also that armor COMES superb.

Gwisk Glas and Vengiatta Rugia are the only suits of armor in the game that start with the superb enchantment.

Hmm really? maybe I was wrong then, sry the wikia seems a little incorrect, there is a lot of holes in it, I looked it up, but yeah guess your right maybe he did cheat.

Also I've been hearing from a few people that there is hidden adra whelps that dragon adra dragon scales and that shes not the only source, this game still shrouded in a lot of mystery.

Its a shame I beat her and got these scales but then got this cool badass mage armor thats already superb and got cool enchats lol, what am I even ment to use it on? also sadly armor enchants don't even work in this patch lol, I really wanna do something with these adra Dragon scales.

Seriously can't I just eat them and gain soul power or some bull****? when I saw all the gold, I was totally and utterly underwhelmed, I've never cared at all about money, just power.

I thought I'd get to like drain all the souls from the adra and transcend into some extremely powerful being, getting a few + stats and talents, like she was talking about what she did, the heart of the world and all that, instead its just a bunch of gold you can't even loot unlike Nwn2, and even if you could and it was say 100k to 200k gold, that be cool and all but I still wouldn't be bothered lol.

Edited by alexis13, 05 August 2015 - 09:35 AM.

Nobear

Nobear

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 616 posts

Its a shame I beat her and got these scales but then got this cool badass mage armor thats already superb and got cool enchats lol, what am I even ment to use it on? also sadly armor enchants don't even work in this patch lol, I really wanna do something with these adra Dragon scales.

That's pretty cool. Trust me, PoTD is much more challenging than Hard, given that enemy stats change to the point that some of the same strategies just won't work like they did on Hard. But hey it's a good personal victory, and good luck to your future endeavors!

Now what's this about armor enchants not working? They work for me.

Also, about what to do with those Adra Dragon scales, you know this game was balanced for a full party. It lets you solo, but you can't expect each class to have use for every item in the game. Those scales could be used to enchant other armor and/or shield(s) that aren't superb yet. What shield are you using?

Note that some people also prefer to enchant some plain-old clothing, because it doesn't incur any recovery penalties, allowing them to cast/attack as fast as possible. Yeah I'm with you that I'd generally prefer the Second Chance on that unique robe (and how cool it looks), but to each his own.

limaxophobiacq

limaxophobiacq

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Armor enchants to increase DR beyond what the armor comes with actually dont work currently, they only look like they do but if you look in combat log it always subtracts the original DR, so only way to have superb/exceptional armor is to use ones that come that way. Same with proofing enchants.

Adra scales can still be used for shields though.

Nobear

Nobear

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 616 posts

Armor enchants to increase DR beyond what the armor comes with actually dont work currently, they only look like they do but if you look in combat log it always subtracts the original DR, so only way to have superb/exceptional armor is to use ones that come that way. Same with proofing enchants.

Really? I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up. I hope this has been reported and the devs are aware of it?

limaxophobiacq

limaxophobiacq

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Really? I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up. I hope this has been reported and the devs are aware of it?

Rly. http://forums.obsidi...nchantment-bug/

• Nobear likes this

gkathellar

gkathellar

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1416 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also I've been hearing from a few people that there is hidden adra whelps that dragon adra dragon scales and that shes not the only source, this game still shrouded in a lot of mystery.

Yeah, I would question those accounts. "Pics or it didn't happen," and all that jazz.

Its a shame I beat her and got these scales but then got this cool badass mage armor thats already superb and got cool enchats lol, what am I even ment to use it on?

I'd use them on the Outward Buckler and either the Coat of Ill Payment or some other shield. The Superb bonus for armor is kind of meh, at least compared to the one for shields.

Seriously can't I just eat them and gain soul power or some bull****? when I saw all the gold, I was totally and utterly underwhelmed, I've never cared at all about money, just power.

I thought I'd get to like drain all the souls from the adra and transcend into some extremely powerful being, getting a few + stats and talents, like she was talking about what she did, the heart of the world and all that,

Well, if the Fampyr lord on Floor 8 was willing to teach you how, you could. But he's not, and it might require you to be undead, so ...

Dragons take on features of their environment they grow up in, which is why she could get away with eating Adra.

• Nobear likes this

alexis13

alexis13

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 116 posts

That's pretty cool. Trust me, PoTD is much more challenging than Hard, given that enemy stats change to the point that some of the same strategies just won't work like they did on Hard. But hey it's a good personal victory, and good luck to your future endeavors!

Now what's this about armor enchants not working? They work for me.

Also, about what to do with those Adra Dragon scales, you know this game was balanced for a full party. It lets you solo, but you can't expect each class to have use for every item in the game. Those scales could be used to enchant other armor and/or shield(s) that aren't superb yet. What shield are you using?

Note that some people also prefer to enchant some plain-old clothing, because it doesn't incur any recovery penalties, allowing them to cast/attack as fast as possible. Yeah I'm with you that I'd generally prefer the Second Chance on that unique robe (and how cool it looks), but to each his own.

I dunno, I believe you but I tested some of PoTD, im sure its harder, but honestly like I said the way that pally done it and the fact that the method I beat her is just stacking walls of flame/force/combusting wounds/concelhauts draining siphon, so its death by a thousand really fast ticking cuts, so even if she got another 300 DR it wouldn't really make a difference.

Then I just sit there with my hatchet/shield/defensive buffs/sword and shield style/superior deflection talent/ 21 perception/21 resolve build and tank her whilst all my stuff slowly kills her, honestly at that point I've such ridiculously high deflection I don't even get hit and just tank her till she dies, so I think I could take her on PoTD because its really just the same tactics.

(Even without mage buffs my character is sitting at 107 deflection, 96 fortitude, 110 reflexes and 100 will)

With Double Llengraths buffs its 152 deflection, 116 fortitude, 150 reflexes, 120 will and lastly 50% of incoming hits turned to grazes and arcane veil for emergeancies on top of all that, the pally that solo'd it on POTD straight out just never ever got hit like me (except i was on hard) but his DR was only 18 above mine at 170, so I think I'd be good.

Well Imma mage, so I'm just using that shield from her big gold stash (the little saviour(might be hero), its already superb + with its herald buff got just above the deflection of a medium shield without the accuracy penality)  And I'm using the mage armor that drops from her stash too thats got 10 DR and -20% recovery speed and is superb Regitta Vendetta or something.

PS: the armor enchants don't work for anyone (the quality ones fine/exceptional/superb/ect) they don't increase DR, look at your DR stats and you'll see its not added, and check your combat log and you'll see its not just visual in the stats menu, it just straight out doesn't work, but a dev told me they know and they have fixed it and its fixed in next patch.

@Gkathellar, ah I already got the little saviour shield though, you get it from her horde stash when you beat her, its basically a buckler with Herald (the +5 to all defenses you were talking about from the outworn one but its already superb) + its also got retaliation on it (does like 7-10 pierce damage to anyone that hits you and I don't think it can miss either)

Don't think I'll find a better shield than that, unless I find one thats got herald and is a 16def -8 accuracy one and maybe i could enchant that as an off weapon set if I wanna be SUPER conservative, but honestly I don't think imma find an enemy harder than her and I beat her solo with a worse shield than the one I found in her stash.

I'll just hold on to it* for the expansion and maybe we'll get some cooler armor or new enchants to play around with.

Edited by alexis13, 05 August 2015 - 05:40 PM.

Nobear

Nobear

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 616 posts

I'll just use it onto it for the expansion and maybe we'll get some cooler armor or new enchants to play around with.

Yeah, actually I'm doing this too: saving superb weapon and armor/shield enchants for the expansion, and seeing what it brings and whether I can make good use of it with any new gear. No guarantees, but it's worth a shot IMHO.

And about the strategy you just described, it does sound like a good idea worth at least trying on PoTD. I'll be interested to know if it works for you when you get around to it.

Actually, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have known that the armor enchants don't currently work, so thanks for that!

alexis13

alexis13

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 116 posts

Np =D

It works for hard lol so yeah I can't see why it shouldn't, her PoTD stats just seem like more dmg and more DR and I don't get hit anyway and her DR is irrelevent so I don't see why it shouldn't.

Kaylon

Kaylon

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 832 posts

You can't tank the Adra Dragon on PoTD without Deflection, Reflexes AND Fortitude over 170 (you need that to take only grazes from her). Even with that you can't tank forever (In the videos I kill her in under 30s) - that's why you're forced to use scrolls - swinging your weapon for 10min at her won't work.

• Raven Darkholme likes this

gkathellar

gkathellar

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1416 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Np =D

It works for hard lol so yeah I can't see why it shouldn't, her PoTD stats just seem like more dmg and more DR and I don't get hit anyway and her DR is irrelevent so I don't see why it shouldn't.

DR and damage are exactly the same between difficulties. Accuracy and deflection are increased by 15, HP is increased a bunch, and the helper mob is bigger.

alexis13

alexis13

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 116 posts

You can't tank the Adra Dragon on PoTD without Deflection, Reflexes AND Fortitude over 170 (you need that to take only grazes from her). Even with that you can't tank forever (In the videos I kill her in under 30s) - that's why you're forced to use scrolls - swinging your weapon for 10min at her won't work.

Llengraths displacement turns 50% of hits into grazes which is huge, that ontop of like 155ish Deflection/reflexes and the fact I got, about 20DR and 250 endurance exactly atm on my level 11 Wizard (60 more than my pallegin and 51 more than eder)( (will be more at 12)

*btw I don't have cautious attack, so id have 160 if I had that* and it'll be my last thing to get at level 12 on a PoTD playthrough.

I know think I could take a few full hits from her let alone grazes hits from her, I can in Hard and I seen the stats comparison, her damage isn't high enough even on PoTD that im gonna get one hit by her, its only like 15 higher and when all my tanks die one hit from her aoe wing smash thing that wipes the team I always got 70 hp left if she hits me from max and thats a full hit.

@gkathellar the funny thing is though, I coulda kill all the mobs before i went on her, but honestly? I don't even have to, when your solo they all just crowd on you and she insta aoe kill them all for you, thats the benefit of being able to tank that, the mobs are a complete non-issue.

Edited by alexis13, 06 August 2015 - 01:21 PM.

Solostarian

Solostarian

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

This may sound dumb, but why the hell are there so many exceptional armors in White March? Don't they need a unique adra dragon scale that has only one source in the world?

It seems ridiculous that there is CLEARLY another source or recipe for enchantment. Do these adra whelps exist?

Blunderboss

Blunderboss

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 309 posts
U dont need adra dragon scales for exceptional .

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7635 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Only Vithracks' brains - which they grow on fields these days. ;) 

• anameforobsidian and Raven Darkholme like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2284 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Yeah, Adra Dragon scales are for superb, but that doesn't mean there's no other way to create superb armour out there in Eora, just that that's the only method available to the player.
  • Raven Darkholme and Blunderboss like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7635 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I mean look at dunstan from crucible keep. He forges a superb weapon from some pieces of scrap metal. ;)

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2284 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I mean look at dunstan from crucible keep. He forges a superb weapon from some pieces of scrap metal. ;)

He could have done a better job of it. I don't want Marking I want Wounding!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paladin, Solo, Adra Dragon, PotD, Tank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users