Very good job on killing the dragon fast, but after the first hit you were all the time out of his range, you just killed him from range (the dragon didn't even attack you another time) - I wouldn't call that tanking (even though after blinding him you had the stats to do it).  ;) Seeing maelstrom damage and the actual accuracy/defenses of the dragon would have been nice too. Also you were lucky the adragans didn't slip a petrify on you (during one of my tries, before I decided to kill them first, they were managing to roll over 90 and petrify me...) 

PS. If you played with the latest patch can you verify if the protection from petrification from berath's boon is working? Becase in my game it doesn't...

He did use breath 1 or 2 times after buffs and it missed. I replayed it  a few times and he used it more, but unluckily he got a bit stuck when I actually recorded. As you've see I had 160 fort with buffs and could've reached 170 with some stat changes or even 180 with orlan. I also had an unused second chance. I was monitoring what adragans where casting anyway so that I can intercept it if needed. Wiz has enough reflex to tank the breath with buffs even without blind, which is the only ranged attack. I'll check the boon later.

Hah nice! See OP- Paladin not only one. Wizard not only tanked as good, but killed Adra faster. I bet someone will do it with Fighter.

Good work both of you! :) Shame that heavy scroll usage is required.

It's doable with only 1-2 scrolls if you use hard CC (not necessarily petrtify), but I wanted to show a straight up damage approach.

Edited by MadDemiurg

All infidels must burn!

Vid link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ENTVKRuqg&feature=youtu.be

Few notes:

Stat build is M 18 C 3 D 19 P 16 I 19 R 3 (Your standard glass cannon priest, but with Res and Per switched. It's possible to go with standard Res and Per but you'll need to be a bit more careful until you land your debuffs or alternatively you'll need to pick a reflex talent). Talents are Scion of Flame, W&S, Inspiring Radiance, Painful/Empowered Interdiction, but frankly only Scion and W&S matter much. You get enough ref & defl, but not enough fort to tank wing slam, but it's possible to avoid it (I got careless and dot hit by it once). You hardcounter petrify with prayer though. I got a bit lucky with shining beacon crit when recording, but to be fair you almost two shot AD with beacon + cleansing flame even with normal hits, and it's not like you can't drop a 2nd one. I also forgot to add scalebreaker, but I've beaten it first try without any problems so I just recorded it on the 2nd run without it. With scalebreaker or CC spells it obviously would've been easier. Priest lacks buff speed of the Wiz, so you need to back up a bit to get your buffs up and running. Obviously you deal massive damage so you don't need to tank for long but as seen in the vid I've dodged a few breaths and my reflex was 170+ (while the dragon had like -40 accuracy).

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

All infidels must burn!

Vid link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ENTVKRuqg&feature=youtu.be

Few notes:

Stat build is M 18 C 3 D 19 P 16 I 19 R 3 (Your standard glass cannon priest, but with Res and Per switched. It's possible to go with standard Res and Per but you'll need to be a bit more careful until you land your debuffs or alternatively you'll need to pick a reflex talent). Talents are Scion of Flame, W&S, Inspiring Radiance, Painful/Empowered Interdiction, but frankly only Scion and W&S matter much. You get enough ref & defl, but not enough fort to tank wing slam, but it's possible to avoid it (I got careless and dot hit by it once). You hardcounter petrify with prayer though. I got a bit lucky with shining beacon crit when recording, but to be fair you almost two shot AD with beacon + cleansing flame even with normal hits, and it's not like you can't drop a 2nd one. I also forgot to add scalebreaker, but I've beaten it first try without any problems so I just recorded it on the 2nd run without it. With scalebreaker or CC spells it obviously would've been easier. Priest lacks buff speed of the Wiz, so you need to back up a bit to get your buffs up and running. Obviously you deal massive damage so you don't need to tank for long but as seen in the vid I've dodged a few breaths and my reflex was 170+ (while the dragon had like -40 accuracy).

Nice, but like with the wizz it's more CC and damage than tanking - blinding basically works like stuck because the dragon stops following once blinded and you can stay out of his range.

Nice, but like with the wizz it's more CC and damage than tanking - blinding basically works like stuck because the dragon stops following once blinded and you can stay out of his range.

Let's put it this way - I have stats good enough to tank the dragon at range with this build. I have 210 effective reflex once debuffs land - full immunity to breath. Blind doesn't make him stop, tbh I don't know why he did it. I've still run into melee ranged and dodged quite a few deflection and reflex hits. There's enough space to kite him till he dies in the treasury anyway. I could do a higher fort build as well, which would be able to handle wing slam better, I just did a standard priest, without a lot of optimization for this fight specifically. You're right about the damage though - you need to do more damage since your buffs a bit more than a minute as a priest and unlike wiz rebuffing is a pain. Luckily you do more than enough damage. Paladin is not reliant on temporary buffs so he's able to tank longer. My point was that buffed up you can reach the comparable level of defenses for a sufficient amount of time, which I think I've proven.

Edited by MadDemiurg

• 2 months later...

Wtf are you guys talking about? you can get adra dragon scales off mini adra dragons.

wut

Also that armor COMES superb.

Gwisk Glas and Vengiatta Rugia are the only suits of armor in the game that start with the superb enchantment.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Wtf are you guys talking about? you can get adra dragon scales off mini adra dragons.

Please enlighten me, where to find those mini adra dragons. :)

lol a grown male dragon squeezed himself through all the narrow doorways while nobody else was watching and made babies with Adra Dragon I guess... only Alexis saw it.

TBH I still don't know how Adra Dragon got there. First time I've seen a dragon below ground. It would kind of make sense if the Engwithans grew her out of Adra, but she says she's older than them. Well, I guess it's the wrong forum for lore discussion.

Kinda cool videos on this thread, but IDK how much of it would still be possible with the current patch. Having the Scale-Breaker talent before the dragon is even approached the first time... I doubt that was ever legitimately possible.

Edit: On the off chance that Alexis isn't purposefully trying to troll, perhaps he's thinking of the other adra scale ingredient which is NOT used for superb enchantments. But hey Alexis, if you want people to trust anything you say and not think you're a troll, please try harder to fact check before you post things as fact.

Edited by Nobear

TBH I still don't know how Adra Dragon got there.

She mentions that she found her way down there when she was just a wyrm, IIRC, and has been eating the Adra ever since. By the time she contemplated leaving, she was way too big and way, way too heavy.

• Like 1

wut

Gwisk Glas and Vengiatta Rugia are the only suits of armor in the game that start with the superb enchantment.

Hmm really? maybe I was wrong then, sry the wikia seems a little incorrect, there is a lot of holes in it, I looked it up, but yeah guess your right maybe he did cheat.

Also I've been hearing from a few people that there is hidden adra whelps that dragon adra dragon scales and that shes not the only source, this game still shrouded in a lot of mystery.

Its a shame I beat her and got these scales but then got this cool badass mage armor thats already superb and got cool enchats lol, what am I even ment to use it on? also sadly armor enchants don't even work in this patch lol, I really wanna do something with these adra Dragon scales.

Seriously can't I just eat them and gain soul power or some bull****? when I saw all the gold, I was totally and utterly underwhelmed, I've never cared at all about money, just power.

I thought I'd get to like drain all the souls from the adra and transcend into some extremely powerful being, getting a few + stats and talents, like she was talking about what she did, the heart of the world and all that, instead its just a bunch of gold you can't even loot unlike Nwn2, and even if you could and it was say 100k to 200k gold, that be cool and all but I still wouldn't be bothered lol.

Edited by alexis13

Its a shame I beat her and got these scales but then got this cool badass mage armor thats already superb and got cool enchats lol, what am I even ment to use it on? also sadly armor enchants don't even work in this patch lol, I really wanna do something with these adra Dragon scales.

That's pretty cool. Trust me, PoTD is much more challenging than Hard, given that enemy stats change to the point that some of the same strategies just won't work like they did on Hard. But hey it's a good personal victory, and good luck to your future endeavors!

Now what's this about armor enchants not working? They work for me.

Also, about what to do with those Adra Dragon scales, you know this game was balanced for a full party. It lets you solo, but you can't expect each class to have use for every item in the game. Those scales could be used to enchant other armor and/or shield(s) that aren't superb yet. What shield are you using?

Note that some people also prefer to enchant some plain-old clothing, because it doesn't incur any recovery penalties, allowing them to cast/attack as fast as possible. Yeah I'm with you that I'd generally prefer the Second Chance on that unique robe (and how cool it looks), but to each his own.

Armor enchants to increase DR beyond what the armor comes with actually dont work currently, they only look like they do but if you look in combat log it always subtracts the original DR, so only way to have superb/exceptional armor is to use ones that come that way. Same with proofing enchants.

Adra scales can still be used for shields though.

Armor enchants to increase DR beyond what the armor comes with actually dont work currently, they only look like they do but if you look in combat log it always subtracts the original DR, so only way to have superb/exceptional armor is to use ones that come that way. Same with proofing enchants.

Really? I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up. I hope this has been reported and the devs are aware of it?

Really? I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up. I hope this has been reported and the devs are aware of it?

Rly. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80900-damage-reduction-enchantment-bug/

• Like 1

Also I've been hearing from a few people that there is hidden adra whelps that dragon adra dragon scales and that shes not the only source, this game still shrouded in a lot of mystery.

Yeah, I would question those accounts. "Pics or it didn't happen," and all that jazz.

Its a shame I beat her and got these scales but then got this cool badass mage armor thats already superb and got cool enchats lol, what am I even ment to use it on?

I'd use them on the Outward Buckler and either the Coat of Ill Payment or some other shield. The Superb bonus for armor is kind of meh, at least compared to the one for shields.

Seriously can't I just eat them and gain soul power or some bull****? when I saw all the gold, I was totally and utterly underwhelmed, I've never cared at all about money, just power.

I thought I'd get to like drain all the souls from the adra and transcend into some extremely powerful being, getting a few + stats and talents, like she was talking about what she did, the heart of the world and all that,

Well, if the Fampyr lord on Floor 8 was willing to teach you how, you could. But he's not, and it might require you to be undead, so ...

Dragons take on features of their environment they grow up in, which is why she could get away with eating Adra.

• Like 1

That's pretty cool. Trust me, PoTD is much more challenging than Hard, given that enemy stats change to the point that some of the same strategies just won't work like they did on Hard. But hey it's a good personal victory, and good luck to your future endeavors!

Now what's this about armor enchants not working? They work for me.

Also, about what to do with those Adra Dragon scales, you know this game was balanced for a full party. It lets you solo, but you can't expect each class to have use for every item in the game. Those scales could be used to enchant other armor and/or shield(s) that aren't superb yet. What shield are you using?

Note that some people also prefer to enchant some plain-old clothing, because it doesn't incur any recovery penalties, allowing them to cast/attack as fast as possible. Yeah I'm with you that I'd generally prefer the Second Chance on that unique robe (and how cool it looks), but to each his own.

I dunno, I believe you but I tested some of PoTD, im sure its harder, but honestly like I said the way that pally done it and the fact that the method I beat her is just stacking walls of flame/force/combusting wounds/concelhauts draining siphon, so its death by a thousand really fast ticking cuts, so even if she got another 300 DR it wouldn't really make a difference.

Then I just sit there with my hatchet/shield/defensive buffs/sword and shield style/superior deflection talent/ 21 perception/21 resolve build and tank her whilst all my stuff slowly kills her, honestly at that point I've such ridiculously high deflection I don't even get hit and just tank her till she dies, so I think I could take her on PoTD because its really just the same tactics.

(Even without mage buffs my character is sitting at 107 deflection, 96 fortitude, 110 reflexes and 100 will)

With Double Llengraths buffs its 152 deflection, 116 fortitude, 150 reflexes, 120 will and lastly 50% of incoming hits turned to grazes and arcane veil for emergeancies on top of all that, the pally that solo'd it on POTD straight out just never ever got hit like me (except i was on hard) but his DR was only 18 above mine at 170, so I think I'd be good.

Well Imma mage, so I'm just using that shield from her big gold stash (the little saviour(might be hero), its already superb + with its herald buff got just above the deflection of a medium shield without the accuracy penality)  And I'm using the mage armor that drops from her stash too thats got 10 DR and -20% recovery speed and is superb Regitta Vendetta or something.

PS: the armor enchants don't work for anyone (the quality ones fine/exceptional/superb/ect) they don't increase DR, look at your DR stats and you'll see its not added, and check your combat log and you'll see its not just visual in the stats menu, it just straight out doesn't work, but a dev told me they know and they have fixed it and its fixed in next patch.

@Gkathellar, ah I already got the little saviour shield though, you get it from her horde stash when you beat her, its basically a buckler with Herald (the +5 to all defenses you were talking about from the outworn one but its already superb) + its also got retaliation on it (does like 7-10 pierce damage to anyone that hits you and I don't think it can miss either)

Don't think I'll find a better shield than that, unless I find one thats got herald and is a 16def -8 accuracy one and maybe i could enchant that as an off weapon set if I wanna be SUPER conservative, but honestly I don't think imma find an enemy harder than her and I beat her solo with a worse shield than the one I found in her stash.

I'll just hold on to it* for the expansion and maybe we'll get some cooler armor or new enchants to play around with.

Edited by alexis13

I'll just use it onto it for the expansion and maybe we'll get some cooler armor or new enchants to play around with.

Yeah, actually I'm doing this too: saving superb weapon and armor/shield enchants for the expansion, and seeing what it brings and whether I can make good use of it with any new gear. No guarantees, but it's worth a shot IMHO.

And about the strategy you just described, it does sound like a good idea worth at least trying on PoTD. I'll be interested to know if it works for you when you get around to it.

Actually, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have known that the armor enchants don't currently work, so thanks for that!

You can't tank the Adra Dragon on PoTD without Deflection, Reflexes AND Fortitude over 170 (you need that to take only grazes from her). Even with that you can't tank forever (In the videos I kill her in under 30s) - that's why you're forced to use scrolls - swinging your weapon for 10min at her won't work.

• Like 1