Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1.05 Patch is Live

1.05 patch features bugs

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Procco

Procco

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
I like the XP system a lot. You do get some xp for killing stuff until your bestiary entry for that creature is filled out. It places the emphasis on exploration and questing, not brute force. And seeing how many people on this board seem to hate the combat system, that should be welcomed! ;)

El Zoido

El Zoido

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 115 posts

in Raedrick's Hold , killing tons of guards, priests, sell swords etc etc, and the party is Not gaining Any XP ! ! ! !

even some monsters, like wights and Guls dont seem to earn XP

You get XP only for "unlocking" entries to the bestiary.

PoE does not hand out normal combat XP, you only get XP for quests, sometimes for exploration, bestiary entries, unlocking doors and defusing traps.

In principle it's an interesting idea and it's mostly working well. However on some maps in PoE there's probably a bit too much combat, imo, especially since it's not always tied to anything meaningful (exploration or quests).

archangel979

archangel979

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1617 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
So when is next patch coming? Pathfinding and party characters still finding new targets although AI is off is still not fixed.

Blindmanwalking

Blindmanwalking

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

game has crashed 6 times in a row, when im in Dyrfords crossing, Trygils Curriery area and trying to go down the stairs. a little frustrating.

somehow i get the feeling that i really needs to go down there to find the lost daughter, and possibly other things.

but i cant do it :(

player1

player1

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You get exp for completing objectives, not for murderhobo'ing.

Of course, you still get loot. :dancing:

• Faydark likes this

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

game has crashed 6 times in a row, when im in Dyrfords crossing, Trygils Curriery area and trying to go down the stairs. a little frustrating.

somehow i get the feeling that i really needs to go down there to find the lost daughter, and possibly other things.

Spoiler

unless you mean you tried both, in which case :(

I guess post this in the tech-support forum

Justinian

Justinian

Judicious Dropbear of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The dungeon under Dyrford crossing runs like absolute ****e on my PC, which should be more than capable of running a primarily 2D game flawlessly. I would guess that your PC cannot handle the unoptimised nature of the dungeon. Do you have any issues in Copperlane? That also runs abysmally for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1.05, patch, features, bugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users