You know, one thing that kind of struck me about this game is that if you just kind of follow along the main plot, as I did, you don't pick up a single female companion after the tutorial until pretty darn late in the game.  I wound up feeling a bit like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for a while.

Anyone else find this odd?

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

If you just follow the main plotline you pick up your first female quite rapidly, as fgalkin said you pick up Sagani before Defiance Bay.  I personally did notice at one point that I had an all-male party at one point, made me want to have the ability to name the party like in Storm of Zehir and call it "The Bro-Force!"

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Aloth counts as half, no?

Well said...lol

Fair enough.  Being male I can't imagine I have much perspective shift toward noticing the gender bias in video games, but I am sure it is still there. 

I do see if you try and finish all the content before you get Sagani how you could get that feeling. I tend to try and reach Defiance Bay early on so I've never had that feeling. But, if you do some levels of the Endless Paths, do the keep, the temple, etc then I can see the lack of female companion, up to that point, to be irksome.

You find Sagani before visiting Defiance Bay. How is that "pretty darn late"?

I didn't find her until after Defiance Bay, and after Pellagina.  Guess it's all in when you clear those wilderness areas.

But no, I didn't find it "odd".

You find Sagani before visiting Defiance Bay. How is that "pretty darn late"?

I didn't find her until after Defiance Bay, and after Pellagina.  Guess it's all in when you clear those wilderness areas.

But no, I didn't find it "odd".

You have to pass through Woodend Plains to get to Defiance Bay from Caed Nua, and she's literally standing on the road, so there should be no way to miss her.

Have a very nice day.

-fgalkin