Probably every class can do this, obvious advances my paladin had were Righteous Soul which makes the fear aura of the dragon redundant and Sworn Enemy that ups accuracy and damage.

I still am kinda proud I didn't use petrify or paralyze, since those would have made hitting and damaging the dragon way easier and everybody and his mother already uses petrify or paralyze. ;P

But yeah, abusing the bad AI this way is not much less cheap, I tried to facetank the dragon but it is totally impossible.

Video is still uploading, since I have a slow connection you will only be able to see it in an hour:

mmm, yeah it does seem like the Adra dragon fight is badly designed, I'm guessing that by far the majority of people can't kill it unless they use petrify. Seems like they should look at rebalancing the fight. I know that I can't win that fight unless I use gaze traps. The other problem is that it doesn't really matter whether you play on hard or normal on this fight, because the addons end up being the least of your problems. If the upcoming patch really nerfs paralyze then the dragon may be impossible for me.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Probably every class can do this, obvious advances my paladin had were Righteous Soul which makes the fear aura of the dragon redundant and Sworn Enemy that ups accuracy and damage.

I still am kinda proud I didn't use petrify or paralyze, since those would have made hitting and damaging the dragon way easier and everybody and his mother already uses petrify or paralyze. ;P

But yeah, abusing the bad AI this way is not much less cheap, I tried to facetank the dragon but it is totally impossible.

Video is still uploading, since I have a slow connection you will only be able to see it in an hour:

In fact a well build paladin is perfectly able to tank the adra dragon and all his minions at the same time (if you have 158+defl/170+fort/170+refl). Of course you can't do it idefinitely to kill him with your toothpick, but you can do it using scrolls.

mmm, yeah it does seem like the Adra dragon fight is badly designed, I'm guessing that by far the majority of people can't kill it unless they use petrify. Seems like they should look at rebalancing the fight. I know that I can't win that fight unless I use gaze traps. The other problem is that it doesn't really matter whether you play on hard or normal on this fight, because the addons end up being the least of your problems. If the upcoming patch really nerfs paralyze then the dragon may be impossible for me.

You don't need Petrify, although it's certainly the easiest way. Most parties do need some sort of status effect -- Paralyze, Confusion, Prone... it doesn't really matter which one as long as you keep it from using that breath against you. The dragon is basically a one-trick pony.

I don't see how having 10 (!)deflection more than my paladin would help you that much. *facepalm*

It just makes sure the dragon will land only grazes on you and lands 1/3 hits... In fact you can have close to 180defl, however the normal attacks of the dragon aren't what hurts you the most.

Phew, I tried all the status effects on the dragon, the only one which worked consistently where the traps...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I don't see how having 10 (!)deflection more than my paladin would help you that much. *facepalm*

It just makes sure the dragon will land only grazes on you and lands 1/3 hits... In fact you can have close to 180defl, however the normal attacks of the dragon aren't what hurts you the most.
If constantly taking 60 dmg and more counts for not hurting, sure. Try melee disengagement for fun and you might take 200 damage. Also you can't have max stats in def, fort and ref at the same time except you use the console.;)

If constantly taking 60 dmg and more counts for not hurting, sure. Try melee disengagement for fun and you might take 200 damage. Also you can't have max stats in def, fort and ref at the same time except you use the console. ;)

The fact you don't know how to do it doesn't mean you can't. And no, you don't take constantly 50dmg - it's more once in a while. But don't worry I will post a video to prove it, just like I did it for the ranger.

If constantly taking 60 dmg and more counts for not hurting, sure. Try melee disengagement for fun and you might take 200 damage. Also you can't have max stats in def, fort and ref at the same time except you use the console. ;)

The fact you don't know how to do it doesn't mean you can't. And no, you don't take constantly 50dmg - it's more once in a while. But don't worry I will post a video to prove it, just like I did it for the ranger.

You sir are a troll.

And btw, did you even solo the whole game with your ranger or just create him via console?

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Don't bother answering I just checked out your vid and you said yourself you built your char per console. You also built your char so he never could survive a whole playthrough with 3 con... For your supposed pally with 158 def 170 fort and ref you would need maxed stats for every attribute but IN. Problem is you don't get as many points unless cheating. Have you even finished one solo Potd, because I just finished my 2nd? ;)