[1.05b] Hermit of Hadret House - Animancy Hearing bugged

Tulki

Question

I'm at the last part of this quest where you have to align with one of the three factions of Defiance Bay to get into the animancy hearing.

My reputation with the Crucible Knights is Champion. I went to their keep and spoke to the leader, who gave me permission to enter the hearing with their endorsement. This is listed in the quest log, but it tells me to go back to Lady Webb to tell her about the endorsement.

When I talk to Lady Webb though, the only dialogue option I get is to tell her that I burned all three bridges and need to get her permission to enter the hearing, even though it clearly says in my quest log that I already got permission from the Crucible Knights. 

If I go to the palace instead of returning to Lady Webb, they still won't let me in.

I'd rather not progress the quest as if I'm an enemy of all three factions when I'm not.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

My issue is similar. Already when Lady Webb told me to go get an invitation, I had the option to say I've burned all my bridges. Nevertheless, I went and got one from the knights, but the journal still says I've made all three factions my enemies and should ask LW for advice.

I should add, for the record, that I've in creative, violent, and creatively violent ways antagonized House Doemenel, obviously including a meticulous killing spree in their manor.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Just read patch 1.05 fixes and it was suppose to be fixed in 1.05 it is listed.

"Fixed a number of issues with the Winds of Steel quest. This should be a retroactive fix if the quest was already started before working on the second quest with the Dozens or Doemenels, or if the quest was acquired or completed in conjunction with Bronze Beneath the Lake or Changing of the Guard."

I am having the exact same problem. I have high rep with the Champions and have received an invitation thru them to attend the hearings. The quest log asks me to go back and see Lady Webb..she told me about Thaos and her getting it on in Woedica hoods back in the day,but I cannot complete the quest. I don't want to cop out and say I burnt my bridges with all three when I didn't though it is the only way to advance at this point.

Hi everyone,

This is a known issue and you should see a fix for this in a future patch. 

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Not trying to be a pain or sound needy but i was wondering if there was a time frame for the patch and if you knew if there were any story or ending repercussions for going to the hearings using the "burnt bridges with all 3" option