Where's the Twitter storm? #malesexualdysfunction

Monte Carlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lcc62nrl9Y

Enjoy this advertisement for an Italian motorcar. I thought it was quite amusing, in a sort of thirty-seconds-of-advertising way.

Then I read about Joss Wheedon's flight from Twitter (quel horreur!). Were you not aware, Kulture Kommandos, that the (impeccably PC) Mister Wheedon was hounded from Twitter by SJWs and feminists for a sub-plot in his new superhero movie. What was the subject?

[spoilerS AHOY]

Black Widow reveals, as part of her indoctrination into whatever elite cadre of KGB assassins she was part of, she was neutered. Sterilized. This made her feel, "like a monster."

Now of course, a reasonable person would think (if, indeed you even took the time to bother), "well Scarlett Johansen is hardly going to agree to a script that suggests women unable to conceive are 'monsters,' and Joss Wheedon would most likely walk the plank than allow such a sentiment into his movie. Ergo, the character is talking about the whole horrid process of being groomed from a young age into a killer, the final insult being sterilized so as to ensure she would never be hobbled by getting pregnant."

Are you with me?

Except, of course, out there in SJW media land, the creatures stirred from their lairs. They sniffed something delicious... the opportunity to suck the sweet, sweet marrow of being offended!

Cue the entirely predictable storm of abuse and threats over the marginalisation of women, and especially women with fertility problems. You're the monster, Joss! (Wheedon is a gentle, bearded soul who clearly wears Birkenstocks and drives a Volvo. Anybody with a scintilla of wit would deduce he meant no offence, whatsoever). So far, so good (as far as another ludicrous day on the internet is concerned).

Now, back to our car advert. Here is a very expensive advertising campaign by a major European car manufacturer.

And they've launched a campaign for their car based on the premise that MALE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION IS HILARIOUS! HE CAN'T GET IT UP! HE NEEDS A LITTLE BLUE PILL! Ha ha ha ha ha!

No, the trope of the randy old goat, desire thwarted by circumstance, is invalid. This is mysandry writ large! Hound Fiat into making an apology for this brutal assault on a sensitive issue that marginalises older people. Fiat, you BASTARDS!

This didn't happen, by the way. Not a pipsqueak.

Why?

Because a lot of sensible people let it go. They saw a joke. They chuckled and moved on.

But what if the gag had been about female sexual dysfunction? An old woman in the throes of HRT, or frigid?

Blimey, they'd be piling sandbags up in front of Fiat HQ right now, wouldn't they?

What this says about the SJW crowd and contemporary feminism is something I'll let you ponder and discuss. But for me the words hypocrisy, Gramsci and moronic are all springing to mind.

Poor old Joss Wheedon. He just wasn't SJW enough, was he?

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Although Joss Whedon has plainly come out and said that the rumor he was chased off by abuse is nonsense, because radical feminists have always been harassing him and he's used to it. Not sure if that makes it better or worse.

• Like 2

Joss Whedon ...

JOSS WHEDON

Joss Whedon is anti-SJW?

Whedon makes positive complex (ish) female characters and puts them out to a wider audience. He's a good guy.

I would ask any SJW attacking him why they aren't, for example, dealing with female genital mutilation. Or ...well the list is so long where do you begin?

You can't call yourself a vampire slayer if you just swat mosquitos.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

brb, buying a fiat

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lcc62nrl9Y

Enjoy this advertisement for an Italian motorcar. I thought it was quite amusing, in a sort of thirty-seconds-of-advertising way.

Then I read about Joss Wheedon's flight from Twitter (quel horreur!). Were you not aware, Kulture Kommandos, that the (impeccably PC) Mister Wheedon was hounded from Twitter by SJWs and feminists for a sub-plot in his new superhero movie. What was the subject?

[spoilerS AHOY]

Black Widow reveals, as part of her indoctrination into whatever elite cadre of KGB assassins she was part of, she was neutered. Sterilized. This made her feel, "like a monster."

Now of course, a reasonable person would think (if, indeed you even took the time to bother), "well Scarlett Johansen is hardly going to agree to a script that suggests women unable to conceive are 'monsters,' and Joss Wheedon would most likely walk the plank than allow such a sentiment into his movie. Ergo, the character is talking about the whole horrid process of being groomed from a young age into a killer, the final insult being sterilized so as to ensure she would never be hobbled by getting pregnant."

Are you with me?

Except, of course, out there in SJW media land, the creatures stirred from their lairs. They sniffed something delicious... the opportunity to suck the sweet, sweet marrow of being offended!

Cue the entirely predictable storm of abuse and threats over the marginalisation of women, and especially women with fertility problems. You're the monster, Joss! (Wheedon is a gentle, bearded soul who clearly wears Birkenstocks and drives a Volvo. Anybody with a scintilla of wit would deduce he meant no offence, whatsoever). So far, so good (as far as another ludicrous day on the internet is concerned).

Now, back to our car advert. Here is a very expensive advertising campaign by a major European car manufacturer.

And they've launched a campaign for their car based on the premise that MALE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION IS HILARIOUS! HE CAN'T GET IT UP! HE NEEDS A LITTLE BLUE PILL! Ha ha ha ha ha!

No, the trope of the randy old goat, desire thwarted by circumstance, is invalid. This is mysandry writ large! Hound Fiat into making an apology for this brutal assault on a sensitive issue that marginalises older people. Fiat, you BASTARDS!

This didn't happen, by the way. Not a pipsqueak.

Why?

Because a lot of sensible people let it go. They saw a joke. They chuckled and moved on.

But what if the gag had been about female sexual dysfunction? An old woman in the throes of HRT, or frigid?

Blimey, they'd be piling sandbags up in front of Fiat HQ right now, wouldn't they?

What this says about the SJW crowd and contemporary feminism is something I'll let you ponder and discuss. But for me the words hypocrisy, Gramsci and moronic are all springing to mind.

Poor old Joss Wheedon. He just wasn't SJW enough, was he?

Monte the criticism leveled towards Joss has been criticized by most of us including people who support numerous SJ initiatives like me

I just wish you wouldn't generalize and associate all SJW with the people who attacked him, its unfair and inaccurate :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Joss Whedon makes characters that some people like and some people don't like and because of that he will receive praise and criticism, which some is well though and some is just thought vomit and amount of that criticism and praise is massive because millions of people know his work and has opinions of his work. It really don't have anything to do any political/social/economical/etc. movements/ideologies, although probably every movement/ideology at least in western countries have people that have opinions about his characters and when they express those thoughts they are often wrapped by their world views, which usually causes them to be single sighted and highly interpreted by those said world views. Which of course don't necessary mean that their interpretations anyway represent movements/ideologies that they believe, but that they have hard time to see whole picture because of their base like/dislike towards said characters, which is why they try to make up reason for their dis/like by using world views as reference point. (I know, there is no better way to express my thoughts)

So for example feminist that likes Joss Whedon's female characters will find reason why those characters are feminist and feminist that don't like his characters will find reason why they are anti-feminist. You can find examples of this from many feminist writings about Buffy. And you can find out that this is not something that is unique for feminist movements/ideologies. 

I believe Joss when he says that twitter is distraction and addictive thing, which distracted him from things that he likes to do more, because it can give you constant feed of messages that are easy distraction, even though not very meaningful and not necessary that fun, but that easiness of way how it distracts you can be very sneaky and it is very easy to slip back to it, because people have ability to access it from everywhere and they can access it fast and it gives feeling that it don't really take any time to do so, even though it is easy to spent hours in reading messages and commenting things. And same goes to many other successful social media platforms and things aren't made better by fact that many people communicate many of their acquaintances/friends only by social media.

Anyway people that attack other people in social media or other internet services are in my opinion idiotic that should learn to behave better.

• Like 1

Why?

Because men are treated as individuals where woman must represent the whole womankind without any negative aspects. 

This actually comes up pretty often in the thread that must not be named. The biggest hurdle currently for women to be presented in equal manner with men seems to be SJW themselves. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

No it a real perspective but its an extreme one 

I do think its silly to say Black Widow is a **** and yet be fine with the playboy antics of Tony Start....yes I know he was joking but this is a sensitive issue some. I wouldn't bother debating this though, I try to focus on SJ issues in RL :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tony Stark is a ****. Big deal. If BW is big deal.  They like sex and have it with WILLING partners. BIG DEAL.

"He's a good guy."

Nah. Anyone who wants me dead isn't a good guy. He's a scumbag even if I like some of his works (yay Buffy boo Avengers).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I would ask any SJW attacking him why they aren't, for example, dealing with female genital mutilation. Or ...well the list is so long where do you begin?

You can't call yourself a vampire slayer if you just swat mosquitos.

I'm guessing that those doing genital mutilation (of either sex, mind) don't much pay attention to Twitter. Which is about the only thing I can admire about them.

Seriously, if Whedon is off Twitter, he's better off.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Although Joss Whedon has plainly come out and said that the rumor he was chased off by abuse is nonsense, because radical feminists have always been harassing him and he's used to it. Not sure if that makes it better or worse.

Whedon's like a battered spouse "oh it's alright, just fell down the stairs".

• Like 2

For Firedorn all the Lads grieve

This Adam woke up next to Eve.

But beneath leaves of Fig,

He found Berries and Twig,

So Himself off a cliff he did heave.

I suspect that Whedon may well just genuinely believe the stuff he says rather than is making excuses as such. He has said before that he doesn't like twitter and he is right that the old joke about 2 palestinians in a room resulting in three warring factions applies about equally to feminists and SJ types.

brb, buying a fiat

Fix

It

Again

Tony

• Like 2

Blame standards and practices:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnNURx3Y6Q

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Joss Whedon ...

JOSS WHEDON

Joss Whedon is anti-SJW?

No, he's anti-idiot.

There's a different, believe it or not.

And this should be a non-issue. Who gives a crap why Whedon left Twitter.

Anybody else always think the gentleman looks like an overgrown baby, with his innocent adolescents face and large round head? I do wonder when he's finally going to drop the pretense and simply make a film called, Attack of the Anorexic Kung Fu Girl, ever since I read that article the other day.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Joss Whedon ...

Whedon makes positive complex (ish) female characters and puts them out to a wider audience. He's a good guy.

yeah, but thats not what SJW are about aren´t they? It´s just hate and shaming. **** them.

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Anybody else always think the gentleman looks like an overgrown baby, with his innocent adolescents face and large round head? I do wonder when he's finally going to drop the pretense and simply make a film called, Attack of the Anorexic Kung Fu Girl, ever since I read that article the other day.

I'd watch that film. But make her  bulimic. She can swallow tins of peaches in syrup, then puke on people. It'll be an homage to Popeye.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been wracking the old grey matter for hours on end, i've finally got it: Joss Whedon presents Battle of the Bulimic Bare-Knuckle Ballet Babe.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!