Road to the White House 2016

ShadySands

I believe his companies have filed for bankruptcy four separate times though he has never personally filed

He did go from hundred millionaire to billionaire, as Hurl said, and while that's not nothing it's not really that impressive either. Or maybe it is*, I dunno  :shrugz:  ...but it's not as impressive as starting with nothing or very little or just not hundreds of millions

*I give him credit for having some drive and ambition and not just resting on his father's laurels.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think Trump views the political world like the Business one, where you can do or say what you want, but as long as you're an earner you're not harmed much by it. He expects he can walk into the Oval Office and lay down decrees like "Build a wall" or "don't tax business" and they'll be followed as long as they're good for the nation (or percieved that way). Except that he's ignoring congress as being the ones to actually be able to write law, and enact polic.

Congress actually passed a law to "build a wall" back in 2006.

The Trump continues his rampage towards the White House by calling out John McCain.

iBRHJJJqtBQzf_zps51f7f61a.gif

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/21/mother-of-son-murdered-by-illegal-alien-slams-sanctuary-cities-politicians-your-silence-speaks-volumes/

I hold McCain and his ilk responsible for this.

The reason people support Trump is because almost all the other Republican candidates are f*ing traitors who represent their paymasters in the Chamber of Commerce, not the people.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

This may shock you, but tragic as it is; public policy should not be determined by a single incident. 

I hold McCain and his ilk responsible for this.

That's completely and utterly insane.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It's not a single incident, it happens almost every day, and that's just the ones we know about. Someone I knew was randomly killed by an illegal alien for no reason whatsoever, just like the woman in San Francisco the other day. And McCain is responsible because he refuses to secure the border, even though that's the law. http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/03/10/texas-house-remembers-man-slain-by-illegal-alien/

If the border was secure, that scum wouldn't be able to come back over and over again.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It's not a single incident, it happens almost every day, and that's just what we know about.  Someone I knew was randomly killed by an illegal alien for no reason whatsoever, just like the woman in San Francisco the other day.

I'm sorry about your loss.

And McCain is responsible because he refuses to secure the border, even though that's the law.

McCain still is not responsible for the people being killed by illegals. The individuals that commit the crimes are. As for not securing the border. It's real simple: We can't. The only reason any politicians even suggest the notion that such a thing is possible is to get political attention.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

It's not a single incident, it happens almost every day, and that's just the ones we know about. Someone I knew was randomly killed by an illegal alien for no reason whatsoever, just like the woman in San Francisco the other day. And McCain is responsible because he refuses to secure the border, even though that's the law. http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/03/10/texas-house-remembers-man-slain-by-illegal-alien/

If the border was secure, that scum wouldn't be able to come back over and over again.

You're never going to make a 100% secure border... and right now people are willing to pay massive amounts of money to get into the country. But part of the problem of illegals is that we make it so incredibly hard to be Legal in the USA. Even the people who saved our troops from bombs by acting as translators and collaborators with the members of the Army and Marines, are being prevented from entering the United States even though they're under threat of death for preventing ied's going off and killing folks.

• Like 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You can make it 99% secure, it's been done. As far as legal immigration being incredibly hard, that's simply because there's a lot more demand than places available. We can't take 20-30 million people every year. Agree with you about people who worked for us and are now in danger though, they should get refugee status.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

You can make it 99% secure, it's been done. As far as legal immigration being incredibly hard, that's simply because there's a lot more demand than places available. We can't take 20-30 million people every year. Agree with you about people who worked for us and are now in danger though, they should get refugee status.

If you are being honest the USA could absorb that number of people.....you could let people stay with you ? You have a spare room dont you...if every US citizen allowed 1 Mexican family to stay with them the problem would be solved ...imagine how good you will feel afterwards  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If you are being honest the USA could absorb that number of people.....you could let people stay with you ? You have a spare room dont you...if every US citizen allowed 1 Mexican family to stay with them the problem would be solved ...imagine how good you will feel afterwards  :thumbsup:

Not every year Bruce.

You can make it 99% secure, it's been done. 

When has our huge border with Mexico been 99% secure?

If I lost a loved one in a tragedy like the ones WoD has pointed out, immigration status would be pretty far down my list of concerns.    

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/21/mother-of-son-murdered-by-illegal-alien-slams-sanctuary-cities-politicians-your-silence-speaks-volumes/

This murderer had been in the US since he was 11.  He spent his formative years in our country, most likely in our school systems.  Was he a murderer when he got here at 11, just waiting for the right time to kill an American kid?  I'd say there are bigger societal issues here than his immigration status.  If her son was killed by an American citizen, would that be less bad?  It just seems like a distraction a way to politicize a tragedy.  Was this gang violence?  Was the guy mentally unstable?  I can't find out, because all the articles are about him being from Belize.

The lady who was killed in San Francisco is another tragedy that should be way less about immigration and way more about mental health care.  This guy was deported 5 times, and he was in custody the night before the shooting.  He was clearly a mentally unstable guy, and nobody did anything to try and help him on either side of the border.   

• Like 2

Not really. You can make it more secure with a chunk of money that the US doesn't have right now. You'd need to hire more border patrol agents and provide more resources to that, but the current trend is to instead just slash funding all over the place (including to the IRS... where 1 dollar of funding usually cuts to about 5 in revenue). And it's not that we don't have jobs. Right now illegals are doing jobs that most americans throw up their hands and declare "beneath" them. 

My point was that not only is it incredibly hard to be legal, but it's also stupidly complicated. You have to fill out a book of paperwork, just to START the process and that process can take years to complete. If we had a simple method for people to become legal and removed the economic incentive to hire illegals you'd  get a more secure border... Right now it's far to easy for McDonalds and others to just hire somebody and not ask questions and let the "oh he was illegal?" question be their defense... assuming that INS actually reviewed hiring records for places like that.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

When have we ever tried to make it 99% secure? And it's not so huge compared to the size of the country.

If I lost a loved one in a tragedy like the ones WoD has pointed out, immigration status would be pretty far down my list of concerns.    

This murderer had been in the US since he was 11.  He spent his formative years in our country, most likely in our school systems.  Was he a murderer when he got here at 11, just waiting for the right time to kill an American kid?  I'd say there are bigger societal issues here than his immigration status.  If her son was killed by an American citizen, would that be less bad?  It just seems like a distraction a way to politicize a tragedy.  Was this gang violence?  Was the guy mentally unstable?  I can't find out, because all the articles are about him being from Belize.

The lady who was killed in San Francisco is another tragedy that should be way less about immigration and way more about mental health care.  This guy was deported 5 times, and he was in custody the night before the shooting.  He was clearly a mentally unstable guy, and nobody did anything to try and help him on either side of the border.

You don't get it, these people are here illegally. They are not supposed to be here in the first place. If they weren't, the 100's of thousands of crimes they commit simply wouldn't happen. http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2015/07/22/alien-crime-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/

Not really. You can make it more secure with a chunk of money that the US doesn't have right now. You'd need to hire more border patrol agents and provide more resources to that, but the current trend is to instead just slash funding all over the place (including to the IRS... where 1 dollar of funding usually cuts to about 5 in revenue). And it's not that we don't have jobs. Right now illegals are doing jobs that most americans throw up their hands and declare "beneath" them.

Border patrol budget has been increased significantly actually. But it won't do any good until a proper secure fence is build, and they can do that just with all the money they're spending on illegal alien children they refuse to send back. And dealing with the government is hard for everyone, not just immigrants. You think it's fun for me to spend half a year just doing my taxes?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-activists-primary-poll_55afd500e4b0a9b9485352ad

Rubio and Walker (and Bush, if money trumps all other characteristics...). That's what I've been saying for over a year now. Which ones do you think are the most likely final contenders for the GOP nomination?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

When have we ever tried to make it 99% secure? And it's not so huge compared to the size of the country.

You don't get it, these people are here illegally. They are not supposed to be here in the first place. If they weren't, the 100's of thousands of crimes they commit simply wouldn't happen. http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2015/07/22/alien-crime-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/

Border patrol budget has been increased significantly actually. But it won't do any good until a proper secure fence is build, and they can do that just with all the money they're spending on illegal alien children they refuse to send back. And dealing with the government is hard for everyone, not just immigrants. You think it's fun for me to spend half a year just doing my taxes?

WOD, I respect your view is not based on some bigoted view of Mexicans but rather a real concern for things like crime. I get you are being sincere 

But come on buddy, the whole "lets build a bigger wall to keep Mexicans out " is exactly one of the real factors that keep hurting the GOP voting numbers. There are people in the USA that do see this as some sort of "Texas Republican Right Wing rhetoric " that is incongruous in modern US politics 

It just seems like a strange way to address a SJ issue ....you guys need to learn to think of solutions that people don't find offensive even though it has its practical objective I can see that 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes this supports my post...there is a degree of hyperbole and rhetoric when it comes to Mexican immigrants 

John Milton 

But come on buddy, the whole "lets build a bigger wall to keep Mexicans out " is exactly one of the real factors that keep hurting the GOP voting numbers. There are people in the USA that do see this as some sort of "Texas Republican Right Wing rhetoric " that is incongruous in modern US politics 

It just seems like a strange way to address a SJ issue ....you guys need to learn to think of solutions that people don't find offensive even though it has its practical objective I can see that

There's lots of Mexicans moving here legally, the question is stopping those aliens (not just Mexicans btw) who are coming here illegally.

The politilie article is a completely ridiculous piece of propaganda. Immigrants living here legally aren't considered foreign nationals for one thing, they're US residents. Moreover legal immigrant crime rate is very low. So what exactly did politilie prove? There no question DPS caught 3000 alien murderers over 6 years.

There's lots of Mexicans moving here legally, the question is stopping those aliens (not just Mexicans btw) who are coming here illegally.

The politilie article is a completely ridiculous piece of propaganda. Immigrants living here legally aren't considered foreign nationals for one thing, they're US residents. Moreover legal immigrant crime rate is very low. So what exactly did politilie prove? There no question DPS caught 3000 alien murderers over 6 years.

Yeah I can see your concern, of course its an alarming number if its accurate 

In South Africa we have about 30-45 murders a day....you actually become desensitized to it and it just becomes  something normal, this doesn't  make you any less patriotic 

But I understand you don't want to get to a point where the murder rate is a non-issue like me

John Milton 

As for not securing the border. It's real simple: We can't.

Utter and complete nonsense. We have more than enough light infantry and air power to do the job if they're given simple, direct, and aggressive Rules of Engagement and the necessary logistical support. Sadly, the Obongo administration is doing everything it can to keep the illegal aliens flowing north.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

As for not securing the border. It's real simple: We can't.

Utter and complete nonsense. We have more than enough light infantry and air power to do the job if they're given simple, direct, and aggressive Rules of Engagement and the necessary logistical support. Sadly, the Obongo administration is doing everything it can to keep the illegal aliens flowing north.

Such undue faith in state effectiveness and a gross underestimation of human ingenuity, personal complacency, and the criminal cartels (who would now stand to make even more money smuggling people into the country). You honestly believe that an organization as incompetent as the government could effectively pull off something as daunting as this?

BTW: When I said, "we can't" I wasn't just referring to the practical difficulty of the immediate task, but also the consequences of such action. A lot of US business relies on illegals and they won't be doing so well once they can't get more. Not many politicians are ready to face such consequences.

• Like 1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-activists-primary-poll_55afd500e4b0a9b9485352ad

Rubio and Walker (and Bush, if money trumps all other characteristics...). That's what I've been saying for over a year now. Which ones do you think are the most likely final contenders for the GOP nomination?

You'll notice they actually polled the party establishment, not the party base.

Hah, yes, let us militarize the border with one of our biggest trade and economic partners. That sounds like a great idea. WoD wants a big wall (ask China how that turned out) and Tsuga wants us to pull back troops from actual warzones to guard against these "invading forces" that come to work the fields and clean houses.

• Like 1

Hah, yes, let us militarize the border with one of our biggest trade and economic partners. That sounds like a great idea. WoD wants a big wall (ask China how that turned out) and Tsuga wants us to pull back troops from actual warzones to guard against these "invading forces" that come to work the fields and clean houses.

To be fair; there are plenty of illegals are involved in some very nasty business in service to the criminal cartels. I don't blame them for being opposed to the status quo which has many problems. Their solutions are just too flawed. Something should be done though.

My solution would be to restart and broaden the bracero program, since we rely heavily on migratory workers, and then work even more closely with Mexico to deal with criminal activity.  It would arguably be cheaper than either Tsuga or WoD's solution, and would help develop long term economic stability for both the US and Mexico.

• Like 1

Yes, much better to have our border controlled by the Mexican drug cartels, we just have to hope they're professional and low key

Both the RGV and Laredo Sectors are worse off than most of the other sectors on the U.S.-Mexico border, largely due to the behaviors and characteristics of the specific Mexican cartels operating in these areas. Most of the border has the more professional Sinaloa Federation, an entity very concerned with keeping a low profile and staying out of the public eye. Both the Gulf and the Zetas have had leadership decimated and younger, less professional leaders take over and war with each other. Unlike the RGV Sector that received state help to handle the Gulf cartel, the Laredo Sector has largely been left to fight a losing battle against the Zetas cartel.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/22/afl-cio-controlled-union-intervenes-cancels-trumps-border-tour-planned-by-local-agents/

My solution would be to restart and broaden the bracero program, since we rely heavily on migratory workers, and then work even more closely with Mexico to deal with criminal activity.  It would arguably be cheaper than either Tsuga or WoD's solution, and would help develop long term economic stability for both the US and Mexico.

You think letting in even more unskilled low-wage labor is going to quench the desire of people to move here? Our immigration quotas are always full, what are you going to do, double, triple, quadruple them? As far as Mexicans helping us deal with our criminal activity, you mean like letting El Chapo escape? Mexico is corrupt through and through, they can't even begin to deal with their own huge criminality problem, let alone help us deal with ours. Try to base your suggestions on something at least approaching reality please.
  • Like 1