To END or to Blow Up Soul Machine in Hermitage Hall?

One gives me major positive in Defiance Bay and another gives me Extraordinary Postive in Defiance Bay, but I wonder if this machine can be somehow used in the future. It appears it cannot be blown up once you select End.

I also do not have Pallegina in my party. Is that bad?

OK, something is weird. I was reading a walkthrough and it said that if I rescued people from Icantha' house, then I can absord machine's energy. I did rescue those folks and the girl, but that 3rd option is not coming up!

Edited by MonarchX
  • Like 1

Blow up that machine! Do it!

Well that is just my opinion personally, but yes for good or ill the machine in question can be used in the future if it is not blown up. So just saying...

Blow it up!!!!

Also, Pallegina has nothing to do with that quest. And did I mention? Blow up the machine!!!

And while you at it get yourself an avatar, after you post 30 times in these forums it should be mandatory. 

Edited by Venatio

Without spoiling you, there's a reason one option gives extraordinary positive - I'd imagine, having finished the game and merely turning it off, that it's for blowing it up.

btw, why are you worried about Pellagina not being in your party?

Edited by Cybersquirt

One gives me major positive in Defiance Bay and another gives me Extraordinary Postive in Defiance Bay, but I wonder if this machine can be somehow used in the future. It appears it cannot be blown up once you select End.

I also do not have Pallegina in my party. Is that bad?

OK, something is weird. I was reading a walkthrough and it said that if I rescued people from Icantha' house, then I can absord machine's energy. I did rescue those folks and the girl, but that 3rd option is not coming up!

The way the "absorb" option becomes available is as follows

1) Reach the top of the tower and find out you need Icatha's help in figuring out how to operate the machine.

2) Go to Icatha's house and find the folks she has locked up. When you do tell them to go to the top of the tower, they'll be safe up there. It's through that option that they'll get eaten by the animancer you met previously.

3) Find out how to operate the machine and select the option to gain +1 might and a minor buff to damage :D

Also, is Herittage Hall supposed to the place of "misery and madness" ???

Nope, that's

Brackenbury Sanitarium

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

If you use the machine to enhance your own power, a talent is granted to your character (which, as others have stated, gives +1 Might, +1.05% (a 5% increase) in Endurance).  You can actually find the new talent on the protagonists character sheet, and hovering over it will detail the bonus (you'll need to scroll down).

I point this out because there are other places in the game where you are offered a chance to enhance your character (annoyingly enough, never with details) and they are handled the same way.