I would buy this game if it had multiplayer

Solo play is epic right but many from the Baldurs gate games as I am I literrally played every single BG game and over and over again.

But these days we players want to bring our awesome builtcharacters to multiplayer.

We players like to enjoy these campaigns even with our friends.

I know its justs released but you should really get this ball rolling.

I want to say I love the way your game looks and really would like to buy it if it had a multiplayer option. So I could battle  against friends and with them as allies.

You guys made a rgeat game here still. This is just comng from a loving rpg player who knows where these games have went and where they should be going.

But these days we players want to bring our awesome builtcharacters to multiplayer.

Speak for yourself. I certainly couldn't care less about wasting resources on multiplayer. As has been said, it's a quality killer.

I often play multiplayer RPGs, they're awesome - once every two weeks with my p&p group. :dancing:

Multiplayer focus really tends to make games worse. ME3 had this inane galactic readiness system and DA:I has some multiplayer feature I haven't even bothered reading up on, let alone trying it, but that's not just a Bioware problem. Starcraft 2 ranks amongst my biggest disappointments in gaming. Blizz spent way too much time to build the entire game around e-sports and sort of forgot that there's a storyline to finish.

Although considering how crappy the actual single player story was in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm so far I'm not even sure I would have liked a longer singleplayer campaign. Bring on Emo-Raynor, the Redeemer of Kerrigan. :banghead:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Solo play is epic right but many from the Baldurs gate games as I am I literrally played every single BG game and over and over again.

I want to say I love the way your game looks and really would like to buy it if it had a multiplayer option. So I could battle  against friends and with them as allies.

You guys made a rgeat game here still. This is just comng from a loving rpg player who knows where these games have went and where they should be going.

MP is a virus in many games, and not something the backers wanted. So we are quite happy that it is not included here. Speak for yourself, you'll find you are in the minority here.

I want to say I love the way your game looks and really would like to buy it if it had a multiplayer option. So I could battle against friends and with them as allies.

MP is a virus in many games, and not something the backers wanted. So we are quite happy that it is not included here. Speak for yourself, you'll find you are in the minority here.

You mean D:OS?

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I often play multiplayer RPGs, they're awesome - once every two weeks with my p&p group. :dancing:

Multiplayer focus really tends to make games worse. ME3 had this inane galactic readiness system and DA:I has some multiplayer feature I haven't even bothered reading up on, let alone trying it, but that's not just a Bioware problem. Starcraft 2 ranks amongst my biggest disappointments in gaming. Blizz spent way too much time to build the entire game around e-sports and sort of forgot that there's a storyline to finish.

Although considering how crappy the actual single player story was in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm so far I'm not even sure I would have liked a longer singleplayer campaign. Bring on Emo-Raynor, the Redeemer of Kerrigan. :banghead:

Considering Starcaft 2 lacks lan support I'm not so sure they were all that focused on eSports. More like they were focus on online multi-player.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm one of the ones glad to see they didn't develop multiplayer, and instead focused on a quality singleplayer game.

That said, for people that wanted it, would it be...remotely..possible to make a mod?  I thought Fallout 1 and/or 2 had managed it at some point, but I'm insanely ignorant when it comes to both modding and multiplayer.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of multiplayer. For games I'm interested in, I'd rather see all resources poured into single player. So I guess I'm also not one of the 'we' of which you speak.

I've never played an rpg on multiplayer, so out of curiosity, why are so many people so strongly opposed to it? It doesn't sound like it would require that many resources to implement multiplayer functionality, or that it would affect anything for players other than those who actually chose to use that option. What am I missing?

I've never played an rpg on multiplayer, so out of curiosity, why are so many people so strongly opposed to it? It doesn't sound like it would require that many resources to implement multiplayer functionality, or that it would affect anything for players other than those who actually chose to use that option. What am I missing?

First, great Firefly avatar!  :Cant's missing Firefly icon:

I'm not a fan of multiplayer myself, but I try not to be aggressive about it.  The fact is, however, it's never as easy to put in multiplayer as proponents suggest.  It's not like you can just plop it in there.  Apart from everything else, once you've put in everything necessary for MP, you then have to dedicate sufficient QA resources to test it.  For me, there are so many other things that would enhance my enjoyment of the game more than MP.  Forget new content, more story lines, more joinable NPCs.  How about squashing the bugs that already exist.  That, in and of itself, is more worthwhile from my perspective than adding an entirely new feature to the game.  On the other hand, I'm not going to flame or bash someone who wants MP.  I'm simply going to argue for the things I want, which is what I expect everyone should do, including the folks who want MP.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Actually I would not mind a spectator mode where visitors are allowed to observe another player's game and even allowed small amount of input, like exclusive control over one character.  Or you can set it so that it's pure spectator mode only. 

But I guess by saying something like this I'll make a lot of fogies very angry. Well i'm sorry then for tampering with YOUR game. (not really)

Nobody ever realizes that they are referencing a scene involving a very immature character's over-reaction.

Looks like the [Passionate] in POE, huh

Edited by TT1
  • Like 1

I don't want MP in this game.

That being said, the notion that people seem to have that somehow MP steals resources from SP is just... not how it works. Maybe for a game like PoE, but big AAA games don't. If a game has MP, it gets a special budget for MP, separate from SP budget, and in most cases an entirely separate team that makes the MP portion of the game.

And since MP is a gigantic cash cow (microtransactions), if it does anything at all, it is allowing more money to be spent on SP because of the expected higher revenue from adding MP.

Proper multiplayer requires quite a bit more money mainly because we would need to bring on network programmers and have a dedicated online QA staff. Also, the total programming dev time would probably increase by around 33% which is quite a bit.

Source.