Dyrford Village - extraordinary positive vs moderate negative?

So I saved the girl from those ritual crazies, using Grieving Mother's gift and told her to t o Chapel. Then I met with her daddy and had a choice of either letting him go, killing him or making him pay. Either way, if I do the thing thing and make him pay and leave, I get extraordinary rep in Dyrford village, but moderate negative in Defiance Bay. I am not sure what's more important. I know Eder's quest requires major positive in Defiance Bay if he is to know more about his brother and Sain't War from Records Keeper... Is there some 3rd/4th option?  Can I have him impregnated by my new little piggy pet? That would serve him right!

Do you still lose rep by killing him? As far as I know the kill option is supposed to be a silent assassination of sorts, so no one ever knows it was you, therefore no rep loss.

Also just letting him go should obviously result in no rep lose because you aren't extorting money from a Defiance Bay noble.

I'm really not sure how killing a guy with no witnesses around somehow lowers your rep with Defiance Bay. He doesn't even get a chance to scream.

And yet if I kill him, I get MAJOR negative in Defiance Bay...
Could always do more side quests in Defiance Bay, get the information for Eder and THEN kill him. I I killed him, but I'm pretty sure I'm still a "hero" or "champion" in Defiance Bay.

Eder's quest does bring you back to the area anyhow.

Edited by JCPhoenix

I'm really not sure how killing a guy with no witnesses around somehow lowers your rep with Defiance Bay.  He doesn't even get a chance to scream.

A single major negative penalty won't even drop you down from neutral.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I'm really not sure how killing a guy with no witnesses around somehow lowers your rep with Defiance Bay.  He doesn't even get a chance to scream.

A single major negative penalty won't even drop you down from neutral.

I've never had a rep problem due to the drop for killing him.  It just strikes me as odd that it has any effect on your rep at all.

Edited by SlayerDorian

Nevermind, I realized if I let him go, I get a MAJOR positive (instead of extraordinary positive) in Dryford village and no penalty in Defiance Bay, although it just doesn't sit right with me, that molesting f*** urinates me off!

Then the choice is easy - you kill him. It's what your character would do. Everything else is meta-gaming.

Out of curiosity did you kill Meredith and let the Orlan rogue go free?

Meredith? Oral? What? I killed a lot of people. I massacred the house Du....Du...Dau.. whatever the name of one of the representatives before Duc - The Crucible Knights, the Adventure Hall "knights", and then there were the Du.. Ducaen House. They were mad at me for not siding with them as I protected that shady merchant, right before the God-like paladin Vagina joined. I had terrible reputation with them. Right before it was time to go to Duc, I went into their house and without mercy KILLED THEM ALL and it FELT GOOD! 

My character is neutral or chaotic neutral. I do what I find satisfying, which is mostly helping people, but sometimes I go crazy on the side if I don't like someone. Like, the Engwythan Machine - I decided to get Might+ and become more powerful by consuming the energy and letting some prisoners the top of the tower is safety. After all, I am the Hero of the story and sometimes some must be sacrificed for the Hero to become more powerful to make the world a better place! THAT or I am simply justifying killing those prisoners, which I'd rather release, but the greed for more ENERGY was stronger!