Active effects being removed permanently by Arcane Dampener (Serious BUG) *spoiler warning*

Mark85

Question

Hi,

I have just spotted a potential bug with an enemy NPC casting Arcane Dampener onto a member of your party.

I first noticed this when Aloth's maximum spell count (the usage per rest) was lower than it usually was (an active effect you gain when you level up I think)

Reloading earlier saved games revealed this was indeed a problem and not something he just lost. Luckily I save quite often and traced it back to an encounter I had about an hour beforehand.

*spoiler below*

During the fighting in Noonfrost there are a couple of high level wizards that cast Arcane Dampener, after the battle I compared the active effects to an earlier saved game, and to my surprise a lot was missing. This time around it was cast upon my own character and he lost all of his racial abilities and rogue abilities even after the battle, I saved this game and reloaded, some rogue abilities returned but he was still missing his (Wood Elf) racial abilities. I tried resting several times and saving and reloading but nothing.

This is very disheartning as I am 80 hours in now and I have no idea how many times this might have been cast upon my group, all are level 12. 

Anyone else able to recreate this problem? Ever since I got to Twin Elms I have noticed some weird things happening (not being able to assign a party member to the stronghold quests, the mouse cursor ghosting, broken quest between the survivors and the hunters north of Twin Elms etc)

3 answers to this question

i read/experienced paladins deprive unworthy was the culprit in noonfrost. i was able to avoid loosing anything by careful saving/reloading and CCing every paladin in a group (my cypher had 21 dex and wears light armor)

i read in some topic that the devs are working on this, but its not in the patch notes yet (but since the patch notes are large it could be among:
'There are many minor fixes that are not listed in these notes.'

• Like 1

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

That's great, thanks. I did do a quick search around to see if anyone else reported this issue but couldnt find anything, glad it has been taken note of however.

I just replayed through Noonfrost, checking the AE's after each battle and ganking anyone who was casting a spell, I have managed to get through it without losing anything. I had to reload several times however when I did get caught by the Arcane Dampener spell, Pellagina got caught out a few times so its not specific to one character.

Hopefully most people have not been caught out by this one.

iwe seen a few threads about paladnins,but this is first one about arcane dampne doing the same

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/