If Pillars of Eternity had romances

If OE decides to include romances in the future I hope they include several women on the romance scripting team.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

If OE decides to include romances in the future I hope they include several women on the romance scripting team.

Be careful of this.  Dragon Age Inquisition had a writing team full of LGBT and feminists and the female romance option for straight males ended up looking like a transgender dude (cassandra).

ATTENTION FEMALE WRITERS, NEVER FORGET THAT MEN LIKE ME ARE ATTRACTED TO WOMEN WHO ARE PHYSICALLY BEAUTIFUL AND DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.  Please do not be offended as I'm not into politics and not into sugar coating my thoughts.

460px-Witcher3e3.jpg

The more gay & feminist you make an RPG, the more physically beautiful the female romance option must be for the straight male gamer.  This will provide balance.  When a straight gamer looks around in game and see's that he is surrounded by feminism and LGBT, he won't be able to identify with the game unless he can look to his left and see a hot babe. 

Never, ever forget this simple concept.

I'm going to repeat it.

The more gay & feminist you make an RPG, the more physically beautiful the female romance option must be for the straight male gamer.  This will provide balance.  When a straight gamer looks around in game and see's that he is surrounded by feminism and LGBT, he won't be able to identify with the game unless he can look to his left and see a hot babe.

Dragon Age 2 had some LGBT controversey, but it didn't bother me because I had Isabela to look at the whole time.

This would satisfy a straight male gamers need to see a beautiful woman, but also forces us to see how unattractive she is physically in the outside normal world.

Please don't talk for me without my explicit authorization. I don't "need" to see a video game's female character as a beautiful woman to romance her.

You're a traitor! No wonder Cassandra Pentaghast looks like a man.

No romance please. At all. No. For those wanting a relationship that matters in the game, then make something terrible to a well designed companion.

One companion the majority likes. GoT style. Or if you do romance throw in some sex like in Mass Effect. That was the only reason to do romance in Mass Effect....

How about a romance similar to Valeria & Conan? Seeing how you're a fan of the Riddle of Steel.

hahahah then we are talking :)

Nah..seriously...no. :)

Why not? If you don't support Conan's romance with Valeria, that doesn't make you much of a Conan fan.

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I am glad glad GLAD!!! there aren't romances in PoE. Not only do they side-track you from your intent, but who the sam-hell would girl players romance beside Eder? Aloth? Nope. Durance? Double nope. Kana? hahahaha, and that little dude (I forget his name) is way too short.

You'll romance Durance, and you'll like it. And if I hear any complaining, you'll get downgraded to Anomen.

I'll take Anomen. He doesn't look half bad, so I can gag him and tie him up to make him sufferable, while Durance has absolutely no attractive qualities whatsoever.
  • Like 1

No romance please. At all. No. For those wanting a relationship that matters in the game, then make something terrible to a well designed companion.

One companion the majority likes. GoT style. Or if you do romance throw in some sex like in Mass Effect. That was the only reason to do romance in Mass Effect....

How about a romance similar to Valeria & Conan? Seeing how you're a fan of the Riddle of Steel.

• Like 1

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I am glad glad GLAD!!! there aren't romances in PoE. Not only do they side-track you from your intent, but who the sam-hell would girl players romance beside Eder? Aloth? Nope. Durance? Double nope. Kana? hahahaha, and that little dude (I forget his name) is way too short.

To be fair, Edér is a pretty solid choice.

It's worse for men, who could only choose between a married dwarf girl that has five kids, a bird-woman who probably doesn't even have humanoid genitals and a weird mind-control woman who rarely talks and tricks everyone around her into not being aware of her presence. ;)

Eder is definitely a solid choice. The only choice imo. If PoE did have romances I would hope that we could gracefully avert any advances without losing status with the character, like in DA2.

I too would like to see POE 2 take a shot at romance options, but I'll say this again.  PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE WOMAN LOOK LIKE A MAN THE SAME WAY BIOWARE MADE CASSANDRA PENTAGHAST LOOK LIKE A MAN.  LOL, sorry I couldn't help myself.

Just because you say you're sorry (you're really not) doesn't make the offense go away. I'm (we're?) tired of your obsession for having every female romance option in video games be the kind that can work as a super-model.

This would satisfy a straight male gamers need to see a beautiful woman, but also forces us to see how unattractive she is physically in the outside normal world.

Please don't talk for me without my explicit authorization. I don't "need" to see a video game's female character as a beautiful woman to romance her.

Calsica should've been a romance-able companion, she had a great voice actor, unique personality, feminist friendly since she is a woman that doesn't cook, clean or shower (lawl, j/k, remember i'm fair game).

I still wish you lived on Venus when Mother Venus was head of government.

I dub thee luzaria.

Now that is uncalled for!

It's worse for men, who could only choose between a married dwarf girl that has five kids

Three kids, not five.

Why not Aloth, though? He isn't that bad. Well, I mean, he's my least favorite character, but he isn't as obviously unviable choice as some of the others. I'm sure there are some people who like him... right?

I dub thee luzaria.

So when a male wanders in and says female romance options need to be large-breasted supermodels, that's bad... but when a woman wanders in and says male romance options need to look like Eder or they're just too "ewww," that's okay? Sorry. Not doing the double standard thing.

Durance is the only gimme "ewww," because I'll grant he doesn't take care of himself.

Edited by scrotiemcb
  • Like 1

hahahah then we are talking :)

Nah..seriously...no. :)

So when a male wanders in and says female romance options need to be large-breasted supermodels, that's bad... but when a woman wanders in and says male romance options need to look like Eder or they're just too "ewww," that's okay? Sorry. Not doing the double standard thing.

Come on now, we don't know the "why" of the "ewwws" yet. Luzarius, on the other hand, has been very specific. Multiple times. So yeah, I say that dubbing someone as the female equivalent of Luzarius after such a short history of posts is premature.
  • Like 1

Come on now, we don't know the "why" of the "ewwws" yet. Luzarius, on the other hand, has been very specific. Multiple times. So yeah, I say that dubbing someone as the female equivalent of Luzarius after such a short history of posts is premature.

Men need to look like Eder for the female gamers.  Make the male romance options for women as handsome, sexy as possible.  Women are attracted both to the traditional handsome males and the more feminine tooth pick types.  If I was in charge, women would get both.  However, under no circumstances would I condone an UGLY male for women. I respect women far too much to do that to them.

A lot of women find guys like this attractive:

twilight_1516419c.jpg

russell-crowe-picture-5.jpg

Edited by luzarius

However, under no circumstances would I condone an UGLY male for women. I respect women far too much to do that to them.

I suppose at some point it might occur to you that while boring, one-dimensional dolled up girls tend to like movie-stars - many boring, one-dimensional girls also fancy being a substitute mom for home improvement projects no one else could possibly be interested in.

But since we're talking about fantasy romances here, you would kind of hope to avoid the mundane annoyances of reality, in a completely even handed way when it comes to gender, yes..?

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

I had just mentioned this in another forum (yeah I get around ... and am occasionally stalked) but how about just a casual romance or just sex ... for fun?

As an example I give Kelly from ME2. There were other full romances there in the game, but Kelly was very likable, cute, flirty, and when a convenient time came would have sex with you (and even dance). No talk of the future, or how we're going to beat the next mission, or long drawn out tragic histories, or side missions that needed to be completed. Just some fun between consenting adults to just forget about the stress and life and death struggles right outside the bedroom door. And sure that can lead elsewhere, or just stay as it is. I think that trying to put into two or three months of game time what in RL may take a few years is kinda out of whack anyway. I mean heck I loved the Kelly character and what was gladly missing was all the drama that often comes with the forced written romances of RPG's these days.

I will mention no names but  when someone says "All female NPCs should look like (insert your own description) I get a bit annoyed. 

As for romancing any of the companions I am not interested.  In a companion I want someone who can watch my back, romantic emotional involvement is a distraction.

With a party of six I would have a hard time role playing it especially with Durance in the party with his rather uncouth comments.

nakia_banner.jpg

You'll romance Durance, and you'll like it. And if I hear any complaining, you'll get downgraded to Anomen.

I'll take Anomen. He doesn't look half bad, so I can gag him and tie him up to make him sufferable, while Durance has absolutely no attractive qualities whatsoever.

Hey, Durance has a sense of humor, albeit a filthy one as befits him.

I dub thee luzaria.

Durance is the only gimme "ewww," because I'll grant he doesn't take care of himself.

Hiravias doesn't bathe and apparently likes to have sex while he's in the form of a giant cat. I believe 'eww' can be a pretty appropriate response to that.

who the sam-hell would girl players romance beside Eder? Aloth? Nope. Durance? Double nope. Kana? hahahaha, and that little dude (I forget his name) is way too short.

I dub thee luzaria.

Hmmm, are you making fun of me or am I just imagining that?

SIMULATING ROMANCE FOR WOMEN IN GAMES

BY LUZARIUS

Let's use POE as an example:

* Durance hits on female player.

* Aloth hits on female player.

* Eder hits on female player.

* Lesbian NPC's hit on female player.

A fight breaks out between Eder & Durance over the female player.

It's up to the female player to control the situation or let it pursue and decide which offer to accept. 

DAMN I'M GOOD.

Can't resist.

While Eder and Durance are facing off, Aloh is arguing with his alter ego about the proper tactics Kana has charmed the female player with a special chant composed just for her.  

That's the spirit! I love it :)  That would be such a spectacular scene.

Edited by luzarius
  • Like 3

Can't resist.

While Eder and Durance are facing off, Aloh is arguing with his alter ego about the proper tactics Kana has charmed the female player with a special chant composed just for her.  

• Like 1

nakia_banner.jpg

Hiravias doesn't bathe and apparently likes to have sex while he's in the form of a giant cat. I believe 'eww' can be a pretty appropriate response to that.

Au contraire, mon frere. That's not the problem. The reason given was that he was laughably "too short."

Also furries.

SIMULATING ROMANCE FOR WOMEN IN GAMES

BY LUZARIUS

Let's use POE as an example:

* Durance hits on female player.

* Aloth hits on female player.

* Eder hits on female player.

* Lesbian NPC's hit on female player.

A fight breaks out between Eder & Durance over the female player.

It's up to the female player to control the situation or let it pursue and decide which offer to accept.

DAMN I'M GOOD.

So what we are simulating then is a world where everyone treats women like pieces of meat to be fought over as prizes rather than individuals? Edited by scrotiemcb
  • Like 3