Godansthunyr might bonus stacks with broad belt of power etc.

Raven Darkholme

Question

17 answers to this question

Makes sense. The game doesn't limit bonus stacking, just stacking from the same base item. Since that's a weapon and the belt is an item, it wouldn't be a conflict.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

you can stack hatchet+shield+ring/cloak/bracer

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

So if there was a might shield it would stack too? (Is there one?

Afaik, yes, but no. Still, assuming a dwarf (or aumaua), that's a potential 24 Might before taking buffs into effect. Food can add another dependable +2 for 300 secs at a time.

I kinda wish that there was a shield that gave +Might now. For the first time ever I kinda want to play a Dwarf Fighter. 26 Might all day every day.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Well if you combine the whore bonuses with resting bonuses from Act 2 through ... 3/4 of the game? then 26 MI is not that hard to obtain. I mean now that I killed the dragon and have the hammer I have +4 only from belt/ring + the hammer and as long as you fight in Od Nua you can still have + 3 MI from resting in defiance bay and visiting the dwarven whore. It's just a shame that the only combined bonuses you can carry to Twin Elms are 1 CO/Athletics (Salty Mast resting) and the dwarven whore for still 2 MI/CO.

Oh, snap, I forgot about the resting bonuses. Either the one in Dyrford or Twin Elms can give you +2 Might, allowing you to maintain 26-28 Might for most of the game, if you want to try it.

Too bad that the highest checks in the game are ~19. They really should've included some really high checks and checks (or less options) for sub-10's.

t50aJUd.jpg

But you can't stack belts with torsos and rings...

lol

Right. So is if the belt is a belt, would the war hammer be a "torso" or a "ring" in this scenario? If it's neither (because it's a weapon), then it would make sense that the bonus stacks. :)

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

But you can't stack belts with torsos and rings...

lol

Right. So is if the belt is a belt, would the war hammer be a "torso" or a "ring" in this scenario? If it's neither (because it's a weapon), then it would make sense that the bonus stacks. :)

I don't think you understood my post. :)

Your post was either a non sequitur or a complete misunderstanding of my post. The latter seemed the more generous interpretation.

Your post was either a non sequitur or a complete misunderstanding of my post. The latter seemed the more generous interpretation.

Maybe my “misunderstanding“ was based on the fact I don't see belts, armor and gloves (helmets) as “the same base item“. ;)

It stacks?! I've been ignoring that weapon because I thought it didn't stack by default - never bothered to check. Cool.

It's a pretty cool weapon, since it does a ton of damage and does two types of damage too.

Maybe my “misunderstanding“ was based on the fact I don't see belts, armor and gloves (helmets) as “the same base item“. ;)
Yeah, by some coincidence those are all things that you can wear. Crazy that the game prevents attribute stacking with those, too. I can see how thinking of a weapon as "different" would be a difficult stretch. Edited by Achilles

My prayers for a caster weapon have been heard, it seems.

(Retroactively, even)

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!