Men killed outside Art Exhibition in Dallas

BruceVC

And what is viable strategy? Bomb their home country to stone age? Monitor all people internet activity? These two evidently not working too much for US either :)

If only you could freely bomb them to the stone age with the tactical nuke...

Obviously it is not a feasable solution.

Now some are asking is it worth to expose people to a danger over the right to freedom of expression. I'd like to remind them that the freedom they have now was built on sacrifices of those that believed it is worth dying for.

apparently a one generation without seeing a real conflict is enough to make our western modern societies "progresively" stupid.

There are many things i will not agree with i russian politics. But their tolerance politics are the good kind.

You can work and do in your private time whatever you want but dont ask for special privilages just because you come froM a different region of the world. If you dont like how the people live you can always.go back to your homeland

If you dont like how the people live you can always.go back to your homeland

This statement always bugs me.  If you don't like how people live there are a lot more options than that.  You can peacefully protest, you can organize awareness campaigns, etc.  You can work within the confines of the law to make progress.  That is a wonderful thing about the US.

A bit rude to immigrate to a place and then castigate the locals for living in a way that disagrees with the way you want it :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

At least have the common decency to conquer them first, that's the British way.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's actually not arbitrary. Trichinosis is not something to laugh at even today. While largely eradicated from the US, it is still a problem elsewhere. The Jewish dietary laws were the easy way of limiting food-based illnesses when they were first formulated.

It's fair to say that the food safety explanation is... rather controversial.

Trichinosis is only a problem if you don't cook the meat properly- and if you hadn't cooked meat properly you've potential for a whole lot of problems whatever it is and whether or not it's kosher or halal. Chicken would be a good counter example, it's kosher but almost all chicken- even modern chicken- has things like campylobacter in it (and salmonella, and listeria in eggs plus a couple of others I can't remember- chickens are basically little bacterial fermenters, tasty but care must be taken). Cook it and store it properly and you're fine much as with pork, don't cook it and store it properly and you have a fair chance of getting life threatening food poisoning.

That depends just how old the dietary laws actually are. The chicken didn't make it to the Indus Valley till circa 2000 B.C. which means as a semi-regularly available foodstuff it could have taken another 500-1000 years to hit the Jewish regions. Not to mention is it much, much easier to cook chicken by eye than pork

• Like 1

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

I don't think it's above criticism certainly, but I don't believe in gratuitous insults.

I don't agree with drawing the cartoons, though they certainly have a right to do that. They're doing it to get under the skin of Jihadists, but we also have many Muslim citizens and allies, so why insult them also?

Apparently it was a city policeman working security after hours, armed with a powerful handgun (.45 Glock according to CNN)

I'm sure there would be some pretty serious health code violations if you went around dumping loads of bacon.

I think what Zora is actually alluding to is if someone found a way to directly insult the entire Jewish community in the USA through some kind of " freedom of expression " there would be consequences and people wouldn't just be able to say " its okay, its just freedom of speech". I think the bacon story is just an analogy around the point he is making ?

And I agree that there would consequences that would be far reaching than just internet criticism

Actually a while back there was some controversy when the nazis wanted to march through a Jewish neighborhood, with many Holocaust survivors living there as well. The courts said they can do it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktmNEWwH69s

Gotta love the Blues Brothers.

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

Better the police get it then throwing it away. Its a shame you guys never consider the environment. :no:

Bro. The environment is what I'm concerned about. You think those MRAPs comply with EPA fuel economy regulations? Please!

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"I find it disappointing (but not surprising) that the media seems to be blaming the people who organized the cartoon event, saying they were purposely trying to incite Muslims.

I'm sure they wouldn't be taking that line if some radical Christian had tried to attack a movie theater showing Monty Python's The Life of Brian."

'Nough said.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.