So shipping of physical discs is delayed because they wanna fit as many patches as possible on it

My complaints about the delaying of the physical were met by support with replies of "Well people in other parts of the world don't have fast internet access so we wanted as many patches as possible so they didn't have large downloads."

So six weeks of delays to save people with slow internet access long downloads.  Uh, hey Obsidian, psssst, some advice. In six weeks they could have downloaded every patch you brought out in that time even on the worlds slowest dialup.

So when does this end? Patch 1.05 in May? Patch 1.06 in June? Patch 1.10 in October? Is that how long you are going to make us wait for the physical disc because those poor, poor people in other countries having slow downloads?

I don't wanna hear any propaganda about digital keys either, this particular game I wanted an old school experience, physical install, physical manual read.  That's what I paid my 65 bucks for.

Not reading responses from the other fanbois either, this is feedback from somebody to Obsidian who WAS a big fan of Obsidian until this mess.

• Like 2

I was going to agree with you, but I guess you don't want to hear from anybody else!

(Seriously, I thought it was meant to be so they can just get the Day 1 patch on there. I have no idea what could possibly take them this long.)

While I have sympathy for those who need the disc because they don't have access to a decent connection to download the game, I'd actually prefer that the disc contains as close to the final version of the game as possible. PoE is buggy and poorly balanced atm anyway.

They make Larian look good, only took them two weeks to get me my box ... of course I still waited a couple more weeks to play it while the patching died down (and they got the two extra companions in). Still haven't finished act 1 on this one either, waiting for the patching to die down.

Or in other words, I know it's a small consolation ... but you're probably better off not playing this yet ...

Anyone interested in a sealed signed Collector's Edition, Guidebook Vol. 1, Audio CD and Playing cards when my DRM free disc ever does arrive?

Is there a particular reason for you wanting to sell your copy? Is there something about the game that you dislike?

• Like 1

Oh noes. I can't live without my physical copy of the game and especially can't play the game without it! Oh wait, I just finished my playthrough.

By the way, your old school experience shouldn't involve a forum to whine about the issue and your game should come out on floppy disks. If you want to go old school, you should definately write an angry letter to Obsidian.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Oh noes. I can't live without my physical copy of the game and especially can't play the game without it! Oh wait, I just finished my playthrough.

By the way, your old school experience shouldn't involve a forum to whine about the issue and your game should come out on floppy disks. If you want to go old school, you should definately write an angry letter to Obsidian.

It's not about not being able to live without it.

It is now a month + since release and I still don't have everything I paid for (well in advance). I don't know about you, but there is a limit to how long I'm prepared to wait.

It's not about not being able to live without it.

It is now a month + since release and I still don't have everything I paid for (well in advance). I don't know about you, but there is a limit to how long I'm prepared to wait.

I've waited since I donated my money back in 2012 or was it 2013. One more month won't kill me or anyone else.

And as far as I know it's Paradox that is handling the physical goods. So OP should not but his blame solely on Obsidian.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

wait, I thought 1.04 was being put on the discs.. has this changed?

Yeah it is 1.04. Paradox needs to test the installers, do their QA, press the discs, package the goods, and finally send them out to everyone. Quite a few thousand I imagine. That may take some time. Meanwhile patch 1.05 comes out (and maybe 1.06 by the time everyone gets their discs) and will have to be downloaded anyway. This is what most of the backers wanted from the poll - to have the discs come out later. (I was not one of them)

Personally, I think the poll should have stated that if you weren't receiving a Collector Editions, then the boxed goods wouldn't go out like the CE's did and will be sent together after the game is released with the disc and a time frame will be given at a later stage. It was nearly two months after the poll (12th Feb) that it was clarified by Obsidian (10th Apr) that the discs wouldn't be sent until 1.04 (17th Apr) went live. And even then QA had to be done on the installers and discs.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II
  • Like 1

wait, I thought 1.04 was being put on the discs.. has this changed?

Personally, I think the poll should have stated that if you weren't receiving a Collector Editions, then the boxed goods wouldn't go out like the CE's did and will be sent together after the game is released with the disc and a time frame will be given at a later stage. It was nearly two months after the poll (12th Feb) that it was clarified by Obsidian (10th Apr) that the discs wouldn't be sent until 1.04 (17th Apr) went live. And even then QA had to be done on the installers and discs.

--

I agree. I had no idea only collector's edition boxes were going to ship out. I can't believe it's been two months since the game came out. I just wanted the damn old school manual, and all I got was a lousy tee shirt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...