If that's the room I'm thinking of, I couldn't figure out how to get into that room either.  And I had a dedicated maxed-out Mechanics skill Rogue in my party, who was probably at level 11 or 12 at the time, since I delayed doing the final levels of the EP dungeon until near the end of the game.

I looked and looked and looked for a secret hidden (i.e. purple highlighted) switch or anything else that might trigger opening that rather obvious "secret" door, and could never find a thing, sadly.

So I'm rather curious as well.

I am not sure if we speak about the same room but i will probably be correct here :

There is secret room in Endless Path's ( if i remember correctly its exactly on level 13 ) that you can open only if you choose to absorb Maerwald's Soul when you do the Caed Nua quest early in the game , and when you absorb his soul you get some vision that lets you unlock this room there is an unique Sabre with Fireball enchant hidden there ( Nothing too special , except that Unique Sabre's are very few in the game only 3 of them inclduing this one and there is 4th one that has unique name but is simple exceptional sabre  )

Edited by Atchod
  • Like 1

Ah, that must be the "key" to this room.  I've looked it up in an online strategy guide, and it says that there's a hidden switch in the pedestal in the middle of the round room, next to the hidden room.  But my Rogue who I had at 12 in Mechanics couldn't find that switch, so that much be the reason why.  Thanks.  Have to remember that next time.

• Like 1

Weapon is kinda lame for such prerequisite tho ... It is Exceptional Sabre that already has burning lash - you can get this on any sabre , and gives Fireball like one of the worst wizard spells ( does no damage ) Meanwhile Resolution on lvl 4 of Endless Paths , or Purgatory ( its late game but so is endless paths 13 ) are godlike weapons 

Weapon is kinda lame for such prerequisite tho ... It is Exceptional Sabre that already has burning lash - you can get this on any sabre , and gives Fireball like one of the worst wizard spells ( does no damage ) Meanwhile Resolution on lvl 4 of Endless Paths , or Purgatory ( its late game but so is endless paths 13 ) are godlike weapons 

The same is true for the staff that's hidden on EP level 3 where you need to put the Resolution saber in a statue's hand to open a hidden door.

Also, I fully agree about getting unique weapons with lash effects.  I can add those effects myself.  Unique weapons that use effects the player can add only makes those weapons less valuable.  The ones that are really good are those with effects that the player CANNOT add himself.

Also, I agree that any treasure items that are that well hidden and tricky to get should be really, REALLY good items.  Speaking of that particular saber, The Flames of Fair Rhian, regardless of whether one likes Fireball or not, I'm not really fond of spell bound effects on weapons like this.   (Wizard's staffs are a bit of a different animal, and bound spells on them make plenty of sense to me.)

Wow that's niche.

I mean, fair enough, but I wish that the alternative Maerwald consequences were better illustrated elsewhere and that the game gave you some indication that was *why* you can't access it so you don't waste half an hour fiddling with mechanics scrolls and resting.

You would sell the saber? I used it during all the game with Eder...

Yes, it's "just" an exceptional saber... but you have to be very high level if you want to make exceptional weapon. Furthermore, there is some limited ingredients (I think...)

And fireball was not so bad. A tank is well positionned to launch firebal, and when he uses three quick fireball in a row, it can help to clean quickly. Anyway, it's better than simply hit, especially if there is a lot of ennemies. Glad I did the right choice at Maerwald. ;)

(There is a fireball necklace too in the secret room, with 7 fireballs I think. I found a second one, and never used it. But it could be fun... My main character was a wizzard, so... with Aloth, 2 necklaces and the sword, it's easily 15 fireballs launched in few time, pyrotechnics style... :) )

You would sell the saber? I used it during all the game with Eder...

Yes, it's "just" an exceptional saber... but you have to be very high level if you want to make exceptional weapon. Furthermore, there is some limited ingredients (I think...)

And fireball was not so bad. A tank is well positionned to launch firebal, and when he uses three quick fireball in a row, it can help to clean quickly. Anyway, it's better than simply hit, especially if there is a lot of ennemies. Glad I did the right choice at Maerwald. ;)

(There is a fireball necklace too in the secret room, with 7 fireballs I think. I found a second one, and never used it. But it could be fun... My main character was a wizzard, so... with Aloth, 2 necklaces and the sword, it's easily 15 fireballs launched in few time, pyrotechnics style... :) )

I don't recall that the Exceptional enchantment required you to be at an extremely high level.  High-ISH, but not exceptionally high, I think.  The Superb enchantment certainly does though.  And the ingredients for a Superb enchantment are extremely limited!