It seems that the only time party banter is triggered is after entering a building or new area.  I'll be the first to admit this is a petty complaint, but would still like to see a change to something a little more spontaneous.

• Like 5

I don't know why they did away with the party members initiating dialogue on their own. Nobody ever complained about that in BG2, right?

I don't know if anyone ever complained about it, but it certainly led to some strange situations.

Player is about to attack a lich.

Aerie: Player, you really need to know right now that I'm angsty!

I think the new system is (generally) both more realistic and more convenient.

• Like 1

I don't know why they did away with the party members initiating dialogue on their own. Nobody ever complained about that in BG2, right?

I don't know if anyone ever complained about it, but it certainly led to some strange situations.

Player is about to attack a lich.

Aerie: Player, you really need to know right now that I'm angsty!

I think the new system is (generally) both more realistic and more convenient.

There definitely were some weird situations here and there where companions initiated dialogue in the worst possible moment, but at least the dialogues got suppressed inside dungeons, so it wasn't that bad,

But I still prefer it over the "you shut your mouth until I tell you to speak" system we have now. Companions just ... feel more human if they initiate dialogue on their own.

Just in terms of "feels" I think that it feels better to have companions start up conversations but when actually playing the game I think I actually prefer it the way PoE does it. It feels a bit less dynamic in how you start up but I think it's pretty convenient and avoids "strange situations". I've read complaints about that system before (how it can trigger during very... unfitting situations) and have had it happen to me also.

What I'd like is more interactions after resting. Even though you technically "trigger" those also as the player, I think those serve to make the companions feel like they're not just "puppets" so to speak. And it makes sense that they would share personal stuff when camping/resting of course.

Also, just had Edér comment on the piglet pet (that you get in Dyrford), haha. Loved it. Certainly a moment that wouldn't have been nearly as funny without the voiceacting.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0