[SOLVED] Critical Focus' aura range

qweqwe

Question

I've mentioned this during 1.04, so let's try again.

For some reason, the Paladin's Critical Focus aura radius doesn't scale to your Intellect, while the Zealous auras do. This means that you can have Zealous Focus with a 4m radius aura (base 2.5m) while Critical Focus (upgrade) remains at 2.5m.

EDIT: Not a bug. See Derek's 2nd reply.

Edited by qweqwe

4 answers to this question

Hey thanks for the response, in your video you are running 2 paladins both with Zealous Focus and it looks like Pallegina is the one without Critical Focus. When you are running your created paladin out of range you are still receiving the effect from Palleginas aura hence giving your party members 2 different buffs.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi there,

The Critical Focus talent simply modifies the Zealous Focus aura, they are not separate things. If you are looking at the ability description in the character sheet for Critical Focus, that is redundant. If you are seeing something different can I ask how you are testing this and what you are seeing?

The Ability description with a high Int and the Critical Focus talent should look like the attachment I have uploaded. 

post-104544-0-09598300-1430763330_thumb.png

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi there,

The Critical Focus talent simply modifies the Zealous Focus aura, they are not separate things. If you are looking at the ability description in the character sheet for Critical Focus, that is redundant. If you are seeing something different can I ask how you are testing this and what you are seeing?

The Ability description with a high Int and the Critical Focus talent should look like the attachment I have uploaded. 

You are correct: Critical Focus is an upgrade to Zealous Focus, modifying the behavior of the aura. When you choose this upgrade during level-up, it will add the "+5% of Hits converted to Crits" description to Zealous Focus, as shown in your image. The problem is that Critical Focus has it's own aura, and this aura isn't affected by the Paladin's Intellect attribute.

So, in other words, the game creates 2 auras for the same ability whenever you pick the upgrade during level-up.

Zealous Focus' base aura is 2.5m, but it can be increased by the Intellect attribute

Critical Focus' base aura is 2.5m, but it can't be increased by the Intellect attribute

If your Paladin has a high Intellect attribute, it's possible for a companion to receive the Zealous Focus +6 accuracy bonus without receiving the Critical Focus +5% Hit to Crit bonus, since she can be out of the upgrade's aura radius.

A video showing this behavior can be seen clicking here. (Ignore everything after 1:25)

The bug is present in both versions: 1.04 (Steam) and 1.05 beta (Steam).

Edited by qweqwe

Hey thanks for the response, in your video you are running 2 paladins both with Zealous Focus and it looks like Pallegina is the one without Critical Focus. When you are running your created paladin out of range you are still receiving the effect from Palleginas aura hence giving your party members 2 different buffs.

Thanks again.

You are right. I ran a new test with a fresh paladin, my main character, and Éder. Critical Focus had the same aura range as Zealous Focus, and it was working as intended. I could explain why I thought it wasn't applying and why that led me to run these tests, but I don't think it's relevant anymore. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 1