Has obsidian rendered the game unplayable with 1.05

Why in the hell would someone institutes nerfs in a single player game?

So the game is fun to play. So it is challenging.

LOL it won't really be that much more challenging and these changes sucked most of the fun out of the game so ....

That is what is known as a massively negative NPV.

I like the looks of the patch notes. Didn't see anything that got my goat. I'm really enthusiastic about being able to spec your companions as you please. Going to hold off on another run 'till that goes live.

No, it does not render the game unplayable. The new features (stash sorting, naming saved games, re-leveling companions, etc.) are unequivocally positive. The re-balancing changes are annoying, but they are consistent with the philosophy of the game and unless the player was relying on a very specific set of techniques (which skilled players rarely do), should not make much of a difference.

• Like 2

Um no the OP is obvious hyperbole.  Also don't patch the game if you don't like it.  Or mod it.

Refusing to play it, ug, its such a depressingly silly reaction I can't even muster the energy to post a picard faceplam image.  Is this a troll post?

• Like 8

They institute nerfs because they feel that some abilities, talents, etc. were more powerful than they intended them to be. They buff some spells, abilities, talents, etc. because they feel that they weren't as powerful as they intended.

Game offers god mode and other balance  changing console commands to those who don't like game as such as developers want it to be.

• Like 5

There are *tons* of improvements in the New Features and Bugfix department. Even if you don't like the generally good balance adjustments for some ridiculous reason the patch is probably worth having for the Stronghold rest change, AC fatigue removal and bug/quest fixes alone.

• Like 1

Who else is refusing to play after the patch goes live?  Whoever decided that those nerfs were a good idea should be flayed.  Why in the hell would someone institutes nerfs in a single player game?

A better way to protest would be to refuse to post in the forum.

• Like 13

Damn, and here I thought whining about your favorite class getting balance upgrades was something only happening to MMO's or RTS's.

Why in the hell would someone complain about this in a single player game?

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Good thing it's only a beta patch so they can get feedback before it goes live.  While I agree that some of the nerfs have little justification and just plain don't make any sense at all (Sanguine Armor), there are always going to be changes like that in this era of mmo-like nerfs in single player games.  There's always one fun-ruiner on staff that makes sure things like that happen. It's unavoidable.  That said the game is not unplayable.  There will always be a new 'way' to solve a problem the devs think they fixed. Everything will be alright in the end.

I believe Paul Heyman said it best when he said, referring to WWE programming, "You can have anything you want, except for the thing you want the most."  It's just how it is.

I thought raising two littke kids would prepare me for this forum whining... I was wrong.

Lol, have a few more kids and see if that helps any. You're guaranteed one of to things:you'll have the patience to deal with forums or you'll be so insane you won't care! Win win!

QuoteIt is essentially mandatory unless you jump through a ton of hoops

You rather have it it's harder to actually have a proper good fixed game than the old out-dated slightly broke-ish version?

Cause your favorite class isn't so OP anymore?

I ask thee; REALLY?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Who else is refusing to play after the patch goes live?  Whoever decided that those nerfs were a good idea should be flayed.  Why in the hell would someone institutes nerfs in a single player game?

Why not?

There are some points that should be rightfully criticized. Such as the level of the nerf on traps, not the fact of being nerfed at all. But simply ranting doesn't solve any of them. The patch introduced some valid extensions too after all.