Obsidian, can you make Dragon Age II?

Dear Obsidian,

I was a huge fan of Bioware, but they raped my favorite series, the Dragon Age series. Dragon Age origins was brilliant, but DA2 & DAI were a complete debacle and I just want to pretend that these two games never existed (Isabela & Leandra were great though). Is there anyway you can make a game that is the spiritual successor to Dragon Age Origins? The real Dragon Age II?

You could check with a lawyer to see how much you can get away with, just call it something else, but maybe use the same character names?

The only reason I'm making this odd request is because Paradox/Obsidian have lately been taking advantage of where EA/Bioware have been failing. Paradox released a proper version of Simcity aka Cities Skylines. Obsidian released an excellent RPG, Pillars of Eternity which the gaming community has been wanting for the longest time.

The gaming community clearly sees how Paradox/Obsidian cleverly identify where EA/Bioware fails and then corrects their mess with a better version of what they attempted.   Your tactics at making EA/Bioware look bad by staying true to the game with heart & soul has earned you even more respect and recognition in the community.  You've also earned my kickstarter support for your next game.

Keep it in mind, The real Dragon Age II developed by Obsidian.

if anyone can do it, it's you guys! *cheers*

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Dear Obsidian,

DA2 & DAI were a complete debacle and I just want to pretend that these two games never existed (Isabela & Leandra were great though).

Is that the reason why you're fielding a Cassandra Pentaghast avatar? :ermm:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

DA2 is better than DA3. FACT.

Also, DA2 and DA3 are more successful than PE. FACT.

I enjoy PE more than DA3 overall. FACT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dig deeper, look for details, clues.

On side note, Steamspy reports POE has 340k units sold, times $44.99 that's about $15 million, which doesn't include other places the game is sold. Cities Skylines is around 1 million copies sold.

Do you guys know how many copies Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2 & Inquisition sold on the PC by any chance? I'm curious.  Not the console, PC only.

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Dragon Age: Origins was brilliant?  I personally thought it was good, not great.  If the entire game was like Orzammar, that would have been brilliant.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

DA:O was my favorite Dragon Age game by a good margin but I won't ignore the other two especially since I enjoyed Inquisition. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to (but nor would I hope for) Bio passing a DA sequel or spin off Obsidian's way

For a Jade Empire Obs game I would do terrible, terrible things for dark gods in darker alleys

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

DA2 is better than DA3. FACT.

Also, DA2 and DA3 are more successful than PE. FACT.

I enjoy PE more than DA3 overall. FACT.

So does NWN know you're cheating on it with DA2, out of all things? :D

Dig deeper, look for details, clues.

Sure, once I'm bored enough, but what's the point, these aren't the Bioware forums and nobody really cares that you think Cassy isn't "attractive" without editing.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'll just re-post this here;

I wouldn't mind a spiritual successor to Dragon Age Origins developed by Obsidian, maybe in five years?

Of course DA:O was also a spiritual successor to BG, so asking this is the same as asking one to BG, or PoE.

I guess it all goes down in the details, why did you like DA:O more?

* Darkspawn A, B, C and D rather than the lush bestiary?
* Game playing itself (funny people hated this about Dungeon Siege, but praise it to the heavens about Dragon Age. Silly gamers.)
* Sex scenes?
* Gay loving?
* People who all fawn over you with 5 dialogues?
* A horrible 3D engine with pretty much always *something* blocking your view?
* MMO "heat" system where everyone naturally goes to the highly armored guy who screams 'attack me'... that's some good AI, right! All very natural?
* Overpowered 'best of the game' items put in your inventory at the start. Cause that's not balance breaking at all!

Anything else?
  • Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I assume that given the chance Feargus being a smart businessman would snatch off EA's hand if they offered the chance to work on a Dragon Age game, they might even manage to wring some originality and depth out of the setting, as they did with Star Wars in TSL.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• 3 weeks later...

Dragon Age: Origins was brilliant?  I personally thought it was good, not great.  If the entire game was like Orzammar, that would have been brilliant.

Loved Orzamar piece and especially playing with a roguish dwarven princess.

And you had to make some tough decisions: tradition and status quo, leading to the Orzammar ruin in the long run, modernism and dictatorship, but that leads to a new age of prosperity and a much, much more open society, a society that will include the casteless and the surface dwarves. Harrowmont might be an honorable man, but the expression of your backstabbing bro when he understands that he could have avoided all the bloodshedding and killing if he would have talked with you...

And i wouldn't mind a DA game made by Obsidian. It will probably be more interesting in terms of story.

The only reason I'm making this odd request is because Paradox/Obsidian have lately been taking advantage of where EA/Bioware have been failing. Paradox released a proper version of Simcity aka Cities Skylines. Obsidian released an excellent RPG, Pillars of Eternity which the gaming community has been wanting for the longest time.

I'm not sure why Paradox gets all the praise for that game. I mean I know they published it and funded a huge chunk of the development, but Paradox wasn't the one who made the game... Or maybe it's bothering me because I'm finn and the devs of Cities: Skylines happen to be finnish as well. Patriotism at its finest :L.

As for the Dragon Age copypasta by Obsidian: I don't see why they, or anyone, should try to make anything in that universe. The world is not that bad (I like the fade and the mage - templar thing has some potential, dunno how they did it in Inquisition) and I bet Obsidian could make it even more interesting. For some reason I found the atmosphere in DA:O excellent, and I don't even have any nostalgia goggles to blur my opinion. It was probably the best part of the game. If you are asking for obsidian to try and recreate that, then I'm in. If you want them to take the lore/characters/system and make an RPG out of that, I'll pass.