a true insult to any real BG fans!

where to begin with this P.O.S game....firstly i love the logic the makers of this trash game used with hunter pets... "lets put the things players want to tank the impossibly strong monsters at the back of the party"!!

trying to attack monsters, ranged part of your team rushes the monsters face instead of getting to max range and shooting their bow or such like they did in baldur's gate, in this P.O.S game within 2 seconds of combat your range characters get one shot due to the horrible stupidity of this god aweful combat system.... and you cant even fking change it to anything close to decent....

when unchecked "disable auto attack" they still stand around doing nothing after they kill one monster... another great logic....

most of the classes are unfun unclear and just plain bad designed... especially the chanter who stands there for 10 hours chanting a stupid tone which does almost jack ****......

what i come to realize the best way to play this garbage game is to go to the inkeeper and make a full party of hunters and pets... so that by the time the overpowered monsters get through all your pets you will have bowed them to death.... hopefully... but this defeats the purpose of having other characters in your party who are pretty much useless because they all get one shotted....

as a long time baldur's gate fan im truely insulted by this beyond terrible **** ripoff game.... the makers of this game should be sued by the owners of BG and bared from making any game again... they have 0 understanding what makes a good game...

thank god i didnt pay for this P.O.S game i would be demanding my money back.... what a **** joke!

Edited by Tigranes
language filter, ad hominem

Apparently you failed to learn the mechanics. 

BTW rangers are considered UP among the classes. I experienced none of the listed problems ever - that means it's you who is doing something wrong.

"Troll toll"

• Like 6

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

"ranged part of your team rushes the monsters face"

No.

actually yes...ive done it about 10 times where all group has been highlighted right clicked on a monster and they all face charge the monster... so sadly you are clueless and wrong

thank god i didnt pay for this P.O.S game i would be demanding my money back.... what a **** joke!

Get out of here you pirate!  You're clearly not a BG fan, or you would have more tactical understanding. Your post is an insult to any real BG fan. For an IE veteran, this game is like riding a bicycle.  

And a team of all hunters is the best? I think someone just broke the meta! ; )

Cant EDIT:  Please don't call each other names.

Edited by Cantousent

ive done it about 10 times where all group has been highlighted right clicked on a monster and they all face charge the monster... so sadly you are clueless and wrong

Maybe you found a bug?

Still, I suppose its too much to expect you to report it so it has the best chance of being fixed....  Nah, much better to just come here and rage, right?

Says he's a Baldur's Gate fan, calls rangers "hunters" and thinks six of the weakest class in the game would make up the only party with which it is possible to finish battles.

Uhm, dude, you do realize that Dark Alliance had nothing in common with the cRPG Baldur's Gates? ;)

• Like 6

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm not sure where to even start. I just.. what? Like.. how? No, wait, scratch that. How are you even alive?

P.O.S. = Pillars of S###?

;(

This is what happens if you don't kill the trolls with fire or acid arrows :banghead:

Which is funny, because you don't even need to do that in PoE. :lol:

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

where to begin with this P.O.S game....firstly i love the logic the makers of this trash game used with hunter pets... "lets put the things players want to tank the impossibly strong monsters at the back of the party"!!

trying to attack monsters, ranged part of your team rushes the monsters face instead of getting to max range and shooting their bow or such like they did in baldur's gate, in this P.O.S game within 2 seconds of combat your range characters get one shot due to the horrible stupidity of this god aweful combat system.... and you cant even fking change it to anything close to decent....

when unchecked "disable auto attack" they still stand around doing nothing after they kill one monster... another great logic....

most of the classes are unfun unclear and just plain bad designed... especially the chanter who stands there for 10 hours chanting a stupid tone which does almost jack ****......

what i come to realize the best way to play this garbage game is to go to the inkeeper and make a full party of hunters and pets... so that by the time the overpowered monsters get through all your pets you will have bowed them to death.... hopefully... but this defeats the purpose of having other characters in your party who are pretty much useless because they all get one shotted....

as a long time baldur's gate fan im truely insulted by this beyond terrible **** ripoff game.... the makers of this game should be sued by the owners of BG and bared from making any game again... they have 0 understanding what makes a good game...

1.  I've found the "hunter pets" to be the first thing that consistently dies.

2. There is a pause "button" and speed settings.  This game is real-time combat... BG1 & 2 were turn-based so the comparison is moot.  There were also no grazes..  This game also has a difficulty setting - have you heard that combat in this game is challenging?

3. If you turn off auto-attack what else are they supposed to do?

4. Some classes are familiar, some classes are completely new.  I guess you either don't like the new ones or don't like how they've treated the familiar ones?  You can modify the Chanters chants so "he" will sing more than one verse - hell, you might even create a song for him if you take a few minutes to really look at the options available to the class as he levels.

5.  Refer to 1 and 4.  Also, ranged weapons (hell, everything really) have a range, and it's not to the edge of the fog as they were in BG.

6. Some of these people were involved in the making of BG.

7. IMHO if you started this game with the mindset that you would have to learn a bit about it, you might realize what a gift you were given.

But I guess it's easier to rage.

Edited by Cybersquirt

So... You pirated the game and then decided to go on this nonsesical rant?

This game is on Steam.  You can gift games to other people on Steam.  It is a possiblity and would partly, at least, explain why they're so upset.

Edited by Cybersquirt
  • Like 1

Sigh....  Troll is trolling.

Not to say that PoE does not have its ... flaws, both if viewed as inofficial "new BG" and as its own Game (and some of them, like the incredibly boring encounters 90% of the time for example, or bad Talent balance, or MinMax Heaven that is attributes are not close to making me "rage"), but none of the ones mentioned in this abysmal post are among them.

As we say in Germany: "setzen, 6!"

2. There is a pause "button" and speed settings.  This game is real-time combat... BG1 & 2 were turn-based so the comparison is moot.  There were also no grazes..  This game also has a difficulty setting - have you heard that combat in this game is challenging?

wot? BG1 and BG2 were both real time with pause, not turn-based.

Not really sure about that. Bioware developed the BG games, Black Isle published them so not necessarily any design involvement. Some Black Isle peeps do work at Obsidian but, again, Black Isle didn't make the BG games. They did make the IWD games and PS:T and the console hack 'n slash BG:Dark Alliance 2.

Everything else you said was pretty much spot on.

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

As a real BG fan I find it highly insulting when someone who's so obviously rubbish at this game also considers themselves a BG fan. This game is far from hard and if you can't grasp how the classes work I can't imagine how you've ever gotten through BG or any other Infinity game. The chanter is actually several times better than a bard from BG who can't perform any action without cancelling the bard song...

• Like 2

wot? BG1 and BG2 were both real time with pause, not turn-based.

Not really sure about that. Bioware developed the BG games, Black Isle published them so not necessarily any design involvement. Some Black Isle peeps do work at Obsidian but, again, Black Isle didn't make the BG games. They did make the IWD games and PS:T and the console hack 'n slash BG:Dark Alliance 2.

Everything else you said was pretty much spot on.

There's probably more people on Obsidian that worked with BG than there is left in "Bioware", though.

t50aJUd.jpg

A number of reports on this thread.  The only truly flaming post is the one that started the thread.  I'm leaving it for a couple of reasons.  First of all, having given some extra keys to people, and one of them given to me by someone else, I know that a lot of backers used extra keys as gifts.  For that reason, as... Concordance I think? mentioned, the OP might not be a pirate.  However, I will add this commentary:  I would hope that someone to whom I gifted a key would not engage in this kind of rant.  Second, while the OP might be a troll, he might also merely be an unhappy (and clearly irate) customer.  We have a tradition of allowing irate people some latitude to vent on this forum.  So, I'm going to check in on the thread later and see how it's coming, but I'm going to keep it open.  Please don't rampage on one another while I'm gone.

To the OP:  I would say that it's true that PoE requires more micromanaging in my experience than the IE games.  Not much, but certainly more.  Some of your issues don't seem to make sense from my experience, but I might simply have misunderstood your points.  However, I would suggest, and I mean this in all sincerity and without rancor, give yourself time to cool down, think about how the mechanics work in the game, and try it again with a cooler head.  If you still hate the game, come back and, armed with more experience and a level head, make your observations.  This game might not be for you, but perhaps your some of your initial complaints are not completely insurmountable.  You might still enjoy the game very much.  Since you already have it, why not give it a shot?

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey OP (BMiBudster),

Anonymity on the Internet is largely an illusion, especially when you're not particularly clever about how you maintain that illusion. That's a lot of obviously pirated software.

Now, I could be totally wrong in this deduction from a rather shallow search, but if I can determine a relatively logical association between an Internet pseudonym and a real identity in just a few brief moments, imagine what a motivated agency with actual investigative powers, such as Australian law enforcement, could do. 

How's the weather in Bondi Bay, NSW, Australia? It would be a shame if that career were somehow threatened by you potentially being a (not too bright) criminal.

Again, I could be wrong. Then again, I could be right. If I am correct, you may want to think about how you perceive and manage your on-line persona, especially when it comes to admitting to seemingly criminal activity.

G'day mate!

Cant EDIT:  Good grief, don't stalk each other!  That's what the devs are for.  Just kidding.  Don't stalk the devs either.

Hey OP (BMiBudster),

Anonymity on the Internet is largely an illusion, especially when you're not particularly clever about how you maintain that illusionThat's a lot of obviously pirated software.

Now, I could be totally wrong in this deduction from a rather shallow search, but if I can determine a relatively logical association between an Internet pseudonym and a real identity in just a few brief moments, imagine what a motivated agency with actual investigative powers, such as Australian law enforcement, could do.

How's the weather in Bondi Bay, NSW, Australia? It would be a shame if that  was somehow threatened by you potentially being a (not too bright) criminal.

Again, I could be wrong. Then again, I could be right. If I am correct, you may want to think about how you perceive and manage your on-line persona, especially when it comes to admitting to seemingly criminal activity.

G'day mate!

Damn nice!

----grabs his list of things never to do and put "don't piss off 76prophet....ever!!!" at the very top.

• Like 1