Dark NPC

I noticed that the dark side characters in KOTOR like Canderous, and HK47 didnt really do anything dark. Also they did whatever you wanted and helped you if you went to the light side. However when you went to the dark side all the light side characters left you. Sith Lords should have more dark NPCs and they should be more evil then the "evil" NPCs in KOTOR.

Candy and HK may have never DONE anything evil but they always talked evil-ish. I mean no "good" droid would suggest blasting to talking or a "good" wouldnt threaten anyone to do as they say or there wont be enough for the authorities to find (or deal with, dont remember)

I dunno, I think the characters earned their darkness. Canderous was a warrior, had slaughtered countless thousands, if not more, and believes that the weak serve the strong. Definately more sith-thought than jedi.

And HK (whom I absolutely adore) is a sociopathic assassin droid. The only meatbag he's allowed to let live is the master. So that's a lot of people for him to go out and kill. He has no concept of "the value of life". He kills who he's told and seems to quite enjoy it.

I dunno if it's just me, but being dark is more about personality than going around acting like a jerk, or a stereotypical dark guy.

How do you mean "evil", sadistic like or scheming... I guess there was only HK-47 who was just a bit blood thirsty, working from distant memory here ,Canderous wasn't really "standard evil", more like his whole life and culture was what he knew but what that lead to (the wars etc...) was naughty so he was classed as dark/evil.l

At least some NPC's can be turned (or apparently can be) as you progress in the game, having an obviously Dark force user would be interesting, I can see the conflict and scheming now, why would he/she join with you though, uneasy alliance for a (temporarily)common cause type deal?

Hk-47 is your droid. He may not agree with a single thing your doing but he is NEVER going to up and leave you. Canderous is a soldier. In his mind you are his commanding officer. If you tell him to slaughter an entire world he probably would. And if you told him to go pick daisies he'd probably grumble and do it... at least till a better offer came along. Light sides actions are more palatable to evil NPCs than dark side actions are to good NPCs. Except for in the case of Dark Jedi or Sith "evil" (I consider them less morally inclined) NPCs are not going to leave just because you AREN'T butchering Tach monkeys or force choking lowly Czerka guards. Basically "good" NPCs have standards they hold people to while "evil" NPCs don't really care so long as they are benefiting somehow. Canderous doesn't care how you got that kicka** gun for him (stole it, killed someone for it, etc.) but Carth would.

At least some NPC's can be turned (or apparently can be) as you progress in the game, having an obviously Dark force user would be interesting, I can see the conflict and scheming now, why would he/she join with you though, uneasy alliance for a (temporarily)common cause type deal?

Maybe they'd join as an apprentice. With the insanely high levels to be reached in KOTOR 2 I really hope they let you have an apprentice in some way. It would just be so wrong to have Jedi Master prestige class and never taught a single pupil.

Someone did not repaired HK-47, he did kill people without being ordered to (when he was owned by the senator).

HK-47 like being owned by Revan (before he known who revan was) because HK-47 expected to kill with him as a master, HK-47 is a assasin droid but he also enjoys being one and that is what makes him dark side.

drakron.png

Maybe they'd join as an apprentice. With the insanely high levels to be reached in KOTOR 2 I really hope they let you have an apprentice in some way. It would just be so wrong to have Jedi Master prestige class and never taught a single pupil.

Maybe one of your "converted" party members but I think it would be difficult when you still have the rest of your party with you earlier in the game, assuming they will make all party members you're going to get available within the first quarter of the game.