How has the steam beta versions worked for you?

Seeing as how the final patches seemed to have slowed down a lot, and this latest 1.05 steam update seems very appealing, and that I really want to play for reals with most of the things optimized/solved/fixed/improved, I was thinking on signing up for the beta on steam so i can get the update and play. How has your experience with it been?

Tl;DR: How's the steam beta update worked for you? Would recommend?

If you're wary of your game experience sorta being destroyed by bugs, then I think you should take a look at what's being reported in the Beta patch bugs part of the forums. That way you can get a view of how much it would affect your game. :)

But yeah, there are new bugs in the beta so you may want to hold off if you only want the "polished" experience so to speak.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah I do, this is a long game. Also it has the possibility of my story continuing with dlcs. There have been plenty of non-retroactive fixes, or changes. I'm just gonna have to keep waiting for the game to be more polished then. The game has potential for me to wait btw, no complaints. I'm a patient man. 

Yeah I do, this is a long game. Also it has the possibility of my story continuing with dlcs. There have been plenty of non-retroactive fixes, or changes. I'm just gonna have to keep waiting for the game to be more polished then. The game has potential for me to wait btw, no complaints. I'm a patient man. 

Unfortunately, this seems to be the wisest course with games now. There are very few that I pick up close to release, with the prevalence of DLCs, much-needed patching, and GotY editions almost an inevitability down the road for many games that includes all fixes and extras - and at a reduced cost.

• Like 1

Likeminded here, above post could have been made by me.

Just remember my Witcher II game, played before any patches, and kinda hated it so didn't play with the EE. Might have had more fun with it (then again, they hugely nerfed the difficulty, so I did it hard-core YAH! Also, it sucked).

But that first run just left such a tainted taste... who knows, maybe I would have liked the current version :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Likeminded here, above post could have been made by me.

Just remember my Witcher II game, played before any patches, and kinda hated it so didn't play with the EE. Might have had more fun with it (then again, they hugely nerfed the difficulty, so I did it hard-core YAH! Also, it sucked).

But that first run just left such a tainted taste... who knows, maybe I would have liked the current version :/

I think you would've. I picked up that game a long time after release. Picked up the enhanced edition along with the first game for like 4.75, and really enjoyed it. So next time, let's wait to buy a game. That sucks though as these amazing devs can really use the initial sales.