In progress patch notes for 1.0.5- big buff for Wizards and buff for Ciphers (lol...), a lot of strange nerfs to everything else, couple of fixes.

Here are patch notes in progress for 1.05: https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-183-patch-notes-105-in-progress/

Personally I think I will stay with 1.04 and do not install this one....

They made a whole lot of buffs to Wizards, which is frankly imo not necessary as they are strong class, able to solo Triple Crown (as was proofed) but still I have nothing against it and good for them, since they seem to be underplayed class. They also buff Cipher Enduracen and health, which is imo one big LOL- last class I think that needed buff in survival.

The biggest factor for me however is change to Sanguine Armor:

- Sanguine Plate's Retaliate mod has been replaced with Spell Holding: Frenzy

Basicely making the only badass and great looking armor in game useless. It is not only becasue I think retalitation is great on solo, no. But it was the only armor in game that would be consider end-game item or meta and the only SUPER GOOD LOOKING ONE. It had great enchant, great look and its bloody red, making it great for role playing some badass characters (which are all my mains ^^)

Frenzy is one of those very useless talents that even my solo Barb do not use 90% of time outside of beginning of game. Considering that most melee classsess dump INT- its duration will be not worth at all. And for caster- even less usefull.

And so next meta armors will be Coat of Ill Payment and He Carries Many Scars or Argwes Adra.

Read rest notes but I am personally very very unimpresed and since I don't have any game-breaking bugs in game I will stay with 1.04 version and do not patch it.

Also a lot if unecessery nerfs to some abilities, which is lol in single player game (apart from OSA, yes it said that it was fixed, however not how). And no petrify nerf makes whole patch even more strange.

Or nerf to something like Stag Horn or Paralyze scrolls...really? And of course resting system and supplies stay as stupid as they were before.

Cheers!

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

I dunno, +33% cast speed looks good for casters :p. Problem is, you need to get critted first. Cipher looks like he got a buff for solo (starting focus nerf isn't as big of a deal in long fights  and endurance buff is nice, while soul shock is useless solo), but a nerf for party play (50% less for initial alpha, plus soul shock is a bit weaker (still pretty good though)). Melee wizards looks OP with this patch, but seems like the devs really want it to happen. It was possible to make it work before with some effort, now his skillset is just asking for it. Jedi Wizard it is. 

Edited by MadDemiurg

Buff for ciphers? Among other things, they start with 1/4 focus now. That was a bummer. I don't care whether that's "balanced" or not; I think I'm gonna find them much less fun to play after that change. And was it really necessary to halve the radius of Soul Shock?

Can't say I'm surprised about the Sanguine Plate. Removing the retaliation property is faster than actually fixing or rebalancing it, after all.

Glad they fixed One Stands Alone, at least. I know some people will dislike this change, but personally, I'd either feel like cheating or like gimping myself by not taking one of the best talents of the class.

The ability to hotkey different sets of weapons is also welcome, as is the companion respec (I didn't really miss it that much, but I like some variety after a couple of playthroughs). Shame they didn't implement stackable items (I think) while they were working on the inventory sorting stuff.

I see no significant changes for paladins, or rangers for that matter. Guess that means they're fine as they are... >.>

Edited by CriticalFailure
  • Like 1

Here are patch notes in progress for 1.05: https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-183-patch-notes-105-in-progress/

This made me really sad and a bit angry. Sanguine Armor was the one item in the game that allowed me to build an (off-)tank for something outside of the "min might/dex, max deflection and HP" meta that currently rules the tanking game. Currently, the most efficient tank is nothing outside of a engagement field placement, that for all other purposes might as well not even be there.

The Sanguine armor on the other hand, allowed me to build an at least somewhat usefull (off-)tank with a decent might and either Tidefall or The Rose of Salthollow, which could hold his own (somewhat) and be usefull in the fight (somewhat) outside of being a static engagement field placement. It allowed me to do something slightly more creative, not to mention immersive. A tank that hits like a leaf in a calm wind, and is awesome at his job while doing so, reminds me way to much about mmo's and breaks immersion for me.

I have not seen a single person complaining about Sanguine armor being OP or needing a nerf. It's certainly popular, but that's because you've actually managed to give us a good unique item that we enjoy using. Why on earth would you remove it? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever for this change. I also don't see who would actually use it now. If you want to slap Frenzy on something, then it should be a light or medium armor. 

I am deeply dissapointed.

Edited by Slapstick87

I think Sanguine armor is still good, just for different builds (dps monk anyone?). It wasn't OP though, OP part was Retaliate + OSA combo, and OSA is getting fixed in this patch.

• Second Chance will no longer trigger the defeat screen if the entire party goes down right before the effect fires.

Soloing has just become a little bit easier.

Eder is sooo dead.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

• Second Chance will no longer trigger the defeat screen if the entire party goes down right before the effect fires.

Depends. For it to trigger one needs to wear item with it which may but does not have to be desirable. Summons do the same and they are desirable. But yes, I was pondering about it when I got loading screen "you have died" while my character standing around thanks to Second Chance.

Depends. For it to trigger one needs to wear item with it which may but does not have to be desirable. Summons do the same and they are desirable. But yes, I was pondering about it when I got loading screen "you have died" while my character standing around thanks to Second Chance.

In the later stages of the game you might indeed want to switch your second chance gear for something else. Early on however, it is great a boon.

I would've preferred it if they made the Sanguine Plate hold Savage Defiance instead. Frenzy on a Heavy Plate is just... useless.

I'm all ok for Wizard buffs. Since Wizard is master class. Fan of Flames nerf hurts but from the looks of it the elemental talents didn't work properly anyway. Getting the fire one will most likely bring its damage back to its former glory.

In the later stages of the game you might indeed want to switch your second chance gear for something else. Early on however, it is great a boon.

Agreed since Edér gives up his armor so early and so easily ;)

This made me really sad and a bit angry. Sanguine Armor was the one item in the game that allowed me to build an (off-)tank for something outside of the "min might/dex, max deflection and HP" meta that currently rules the tanking game. Currently, the most efficient tank is nothing outside of a engagement field placement, that for all other purposes might as well not even be there.

The Sanguine armor on the other hand, allowed me to build an at least somewhat usefull (off-)tank with a decent might and either Tidefall or The Rose of Salthollow, which could hold his own (somewhat) and be usefull in the fight (somewhat) outside of being a static engagement field placement. It allowed me to do something slightly more creative, not to mention immersive. A tank that hits like a leaf in a calm wind, and is awesome at his job while doing so, reminds me way to much about mmo's and breaks immersion for me.

I have not seen a single person complaining about Sanguine armor being OP or needing a nerf. It's certainly popular, but that because you've actually managed to give us a good unique item that we enjoy using. Why on earth would you remove it? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever for this change. I also don't see who would actually use it now. If you want to slap Frenzy on something, then it should be a light or medium armor. 

I agree. Well, just don't install patch like I won't :). Nobody force us to do this :)

btw Obsidian could shut down soloing at wish by tweaking certain encounters. The point is, why should they bother? Soloing is out of question when it comes to balancing game. And if some players want to solo let them be whatever they use. This is no contest its adventure. Party based adventure so "balancing" has its context.

I have not seen a single person complaining about Sanguine armor being OP or needing a nerf. It's certainly popular, but that because you've actually managed to give us a good unique item that we enjoy using. Why on earth would you remove it? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever for this change. I also don't see who would actually use it now. If you want to slap Frenzy on something, then it should be a light or medium armor. 

I agree. Well, just don't install patch like I won't :). Nobody force us to do this :)

Really? I don't see how I can choose not to. In Steam the only update options are

"Always keep this game up to date"

"Only update when I launch it" or

"High Priority - update first"

They made a whole lot of buffs to Wizards, which is frankly imo not necessary as they are strong class, able to solo Triple Crown (as was proofed) but still I have nothing against it and good for them, since they seem to be underplayed class.

To be more specific, they improved Wizards that use buffs to become warriors. Wizards that are played as standard IE casters appear to have actually been nerfed in the undocumented changes (e.g. to nobody's surprise, Gaze of the Adragan has been severely nerfed).

They made a whole lot of buffs to Wizards, which is frankly imo not necessary as they are strong class, able to solo Triple Crown (as was proofed) but still I have nothing against it and good for them, since they seem to be underplayed class.

To be more specific, they improved Wizards that use buffs to become warriors. Wizards that are played as standard IE casters appear to have actually been nerfed in the undocumented changes (e.g. to nobody's surprise, Gaze of the Adragan has been severely nerfed).

RIP one-shotting the Adra dragon. We hardly knew ye.