Is anyone finding much use for this Rogue ability.

It's got shorter range and gives you less options with where to go than Escape. The range is super-short, so I can't see when you'd be able to use it to pull a squishy into one of your fighters or vice versa. Anyone got any tips, uses, experience with this ability?

I took it and used it once. It's helpful when a baddie is on your rogue and you can get someone a bit more sturdy flanking. Quick switch, the baddie is now engaged with someone tougher, and your rogue can either try to quickly finish him off with sneak attacks or run away to recover.

That said, if your rogue is using a bow from the back line, that button will probably end up collecting dust like mine did :)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

game changing ability .. must pick for me .. Can use it to swap an enemy unit between 5-6 of your melee units to chop down.. Or can be used to free the rogue from engagement ..

With a range of 2 meters (IIRC)? I mean, any enemy within range of that is probably already in range of your melee chaps and is going to invariably be some sort of frontliner anyway, and for escaping engagement the imaginatively titled Escape has twice the range and doesn't rely on having someone to swap with.

Not meaning to be too acerbic but that's what the ability sounds like/should be on paper but I just don't run into game situations where I see that being applicable.

• Like 1

Yeah I took this in my first playthrough because I didn't notice the short range. It was basically completely worthless. With such a short range the character who your swapping with has to be extremely close already and any enemy you try and swap with needs to practically be meleeing you already as well. If it had 6-10 m range it might be decent.

Yeah, it's a "hey I was flanking and absorbed the agro, how can I reverse this" button and not much else

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

game changing ability .. must pick for me .. Can use it to swap an enemy unit between 5-6 of your melee units to chop down.. Or can be used to free the rogue from engagement ..

With a range of 2 meters (IIRC)? I mean, any enemy within range of that is probably already in range of your melee chaps and is going to invariably be some sort of frontliner anyway, and for escaping engagement the imaginatively titled Escape has twice the range and doesn't rely on having someone to swap with.

Not meaning to be too acerbic but that's what the ability sounds like/should be on paper but I just don't run into game situations where I see that being applicable.

Narrow corridor .. For some reason (tree,rock, etc whatever other vision blocker the fighting happens to be under) you managed to position this way  tank(un-engaged) - rogue(engaged) - bigbaddie ..

Rogue will die in next 20 seconds.. Puling fighter and rogue back - rogue will die to disengagement attacks .. 

With quick swap   - yo get rogue(un-engaged) - tank(engaged) - bigbaddie .. Can switch rogue to a ranged weapon until other avenues open up for melee flanking ..

That was the defensive use .. Offensive use comes when moving a blob of melee units to attack a single/isolated powerful hostile .. The "broken" PoE pathing prevents your units to seamlessly surround the hostile (things we came to take for granted on most other games)  - using rogue switch move you can "teleport" the baddie in the midst of your melee blob to be promptly chopped to bits (workaround for the "broken" pathing) .. Offensive use ..  

WPNTVf7.jpg