Hello everyone, i just need some help on what to do in caed nua.

atm i got a full party  3-4 lvl   and i managed to obtain stronghold  i killed the guy maenwald or whatever his name is.. but it seems the dungeons  under CN keep going and going and as i progress things are getting harder and harder.. 

So my question is what should i do ?  the caed nua dungeons are something to do now or should i progress on the main quest and come back when ive got XP and better gear ? 

i dont like leaving areas and doing other things before i clear everything . But it seems that the dungeons under CN  are getting really hard ...

From what ive  seen there must be like more than 10 levels under...

Is it mandatory to clear everything before moving ?

So can anyone give some tips on what to do ?  

The dungeon is huge and the endboss is probably the toughest you'll ever face. Come back later.

Also it's 100% optional to clear it.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Yeah, it's intended that you will leave the dungeon when things get too tough and come back later after you've gotten a couple more levels and some better equipment. I also have that tendency to want to finish an area that I start, but this is definitely a case where the game does not want you to do that and isn't designed to allow you to do that.

Here's what works best for me:

Clear level 1 right away (i.e. when you meet Maerwald).

Come back later in Act 2 and clear levels 2-7 (bring Sagani - she has a racial accuracy bonus against most of the things on these floors). A certain someone will ask for some fresh air, so you'll know when to stop.

Come back in Act 3 (preferably when you are at, or very close to, level 12 and complete the remaining floors.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Missing out? Probably not. Per my others comment, there is an "implied break" on level 7. Nothing stopping you from ignoring it.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

The only thing you'd be "missing out" on is some of the loot. There are a few good weapon drops on the first few levels that are more useful if you grab them early as opposed to later in the game. Guarded Restraint has a huge accuracy bonus, which is nice for Fighters or Monks who want a leg up on inflicting status effects, and the draining stiletto that drops on the first level is great for certain builds. There's nothing absolutely mind-blowing. You'll certainly be able to clear the floors faster if you come back when you're a much higher level.

I get usually get the resolution saber ASAP, the persistence hunting bow, and the quarterstaff hidden on level 3, then turn back and return later.  So basically I go down to level 4 as soon as I'm able then come back later when the party is stronger.  On my PotD playthrough I waited a bit longer to start though because the Defiance bay xp is a lot easier.

I finished it entirely in Act 2. But the way the game is setup you can level out in Act 2 if you do everything. Act 3 started I was already maxed for entire party on my 1st playthrough.

There are 15 levels to the dungeon. The last level the dragon is probably hardest enemy in the entire game. If you use disabling scrolls, spells, traps you can actually destroy him  around level 8-10. Or hey become allies with and not have to fight him at all.

If you don't want to spam paralyze scrolls/spells or spam summons probably need to be on levels 10-12 to beat him.

With good tactics you can probably clear out everything but the dragon level 8/9. And you can start as early as level 4/5.

And for the stronghold the only thing I would waste money on is the garden and I think the curio shop which both spawn items you need for enchantments per turn or day. And then the warden to get the bounties. The bounties you probably need to be on levels 6-9 to breeze threw them.

Better at first to use all your money to buy unique items, Helmets, rings, belts, capes, necklaces, weapons etc. As some of the best stuff is bought and some is found. Then like in Act 3 upgrade everything in the stronghold when you have 100k of gold/copper.

Hello everyone, i just need some help on what to do in caed nua.

atm i got a full party  3-4 lvl   and i managed to obtain stronghold  i killed the guy maenwald or whatever his name is.. but it seems the dungeons  under CN keep going and going and as i progress things are getting harder and harder.. 

So my question is what should i do ?  the caed nua dungeons are something to do now or should i progress on the main quest and come back when ive got XP and better gear ? 

i dont like leaving areas and doing other things before i clear everything . But it seems that the dungeons under CN  are getting really hard ...

From what ive  seen there must be like more than 10 levels under...

Is it mandatory to clear everything before moving ?

So can anyone give some tips on what to do ?  

The first five levels of the Endless Paths will be challenging on but probably doable depending on difficulty level between level 3 and 6 characters. The loot you'll get includes a moderate amount of gold and crafting stuff. My basic advice is that when you find you're having to go back for camping supplies more than once per level you should probably head off and level a bit first.

Anyway, here's the major loot from the first five levels (level 6 has some armour, 7 has a wand, 8 has a crossbow and some stupendous plate armour, but that's locked behind a decidedly difficult fight):

Level 1: Oidreacht - Draining Stiletto

Level 2: Measured Restraint (Accurate, Guarding Rapier, need to scout to find it), Hand and Key (Preservation Breastplate)

Level 3: Rundl's Finery (Lore Giving Robe of Intellect), Llawran's Staff (staff, has some effects but I don't recall what, requires the Resolution Saber from level 4)

Level 4: Persistence (Damaging 3 Hunting Bow with a DoT effect, the best hunting bow you'll find until Twin Elms), Resolution (decent sabre, can't remember the precise effects - useful if you're using Eder)

Level 5: Ilfn Byrngar's Solace (Exceptional Medium Shield)

Basically, my view is that if you can beat Level 3 with the ogres you can beat level 4 easily and level 5 with a little difficulty, and that will get you a Hunting Bow to last til nearly the end of the game, an extremely useful Robe for any of your backliners, a good Sabre if you're using Eder and a great shield that'll last you some time. After level 5 the best loot falls off for a couple of levels, so even if the enemies aren't immediately going to start stomping you, it's probably better to take a break.

Nipping down to level 2 for Measured Restraint and some armour is possibly worthwhile if you're not interested in any of that. I only really got stopped at level 8 on PotD, since Fampyrs are generally very tough opponents and you'll want to have done some more of the main quest to get interesting dialogue on that level.

Tl/dr, go down to level 3 and pick up Measured Restraint, Oidreacht and Hand and Key on the way. If you can beat the ogres, you're probably able to beat everything down to level 5 to get some good leg-up items. After that, take a little time out and come back having done at least the sewers and Heritage Hill and gained a couple of levels and you should be good up to level 9-10 at least. I think the most satisfying way to do Od Nua is a bit at a time, since otherwise you'll be blowing through trivial encounters for not especially useful loot.

Edited by Blovski