Question About Early Game Priorities

Hello Everyone, Currently I'm at a crossroads. I just got Durante and am wondering if I should go back and clear some previous quests in earlier zones, or just I just push on to my stronghold and THEN backtrack to the quests and such in the earlier first areas. Main one being the temple in the Gilded Vale There was just one pack of mobs there my group of 4 couldn't just take them out. I probably could have engaged the encounter quite a few times but I decided to just move on for now. I have destroyed ever other mob pack so far except that one for some reason.

I thought I read that completing missions impacts the stronghold when you have control of it so I'm worried if I clean everything out up to the stronghold, I might miss stuff for the stronghold or not get as much exp, stats or whatever happens when you complete quests having your stronghold found and up and running . Thank you ver much in advance for anyone's help.

Do whatever you want. When you find enemies too hard for you, go away and come back later. None of Act 1 quests will be gated later, and everyone's mileage varies.

You have more than plenty sources of XP and more than enough time to upgrade your stronghold. No reason to go out of your way to engineer your game so that you get a few thousand extra gold, when by that point you'll have tens of thousands.

Ok thanks everyone... I really want to go back and wrap some quests but I was afraid that my stronghold would be easier to build if I returned to them after finding. Thought I read stuff happens there free you complete missions.

Also I already did gilded vale quests that can before I got there, it's the temple and the next handful of zones and on the way east to the stronghold that I really want to explore before going to the stronghold but just afraid to do it until after going there because of missing out of stuff or making the stronghold easier. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Zazzaro