*redacted* goes aggro during keep defense? (spoilers)

Philomorph

Question

So I convinced Korgrak the Ogre to work at my keep as defense. I thought I was paying him well enough, but when mercenaries attacked, he ended up going aggro. I don't think he started that way, and he was on my half of the screen to start. But I didn't look at his color right at the start of the fight. I just noticed that at some point he was red, and attacking me.

I left him until last, but I checked his status a couple times and didn't see any effects on him, But the mercenaries did have a mindbreaker I think, so... maybe he got charmed and never switched back properly?

I had to kill him, and then I was able to loot his corpse.

I'm sad though, as he was a strong defender!

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

This happens to almost every NPC ally in the stronghold fights -- if they get hit by friendly fire they switch sides. You probably just noticed it for the first time with Korgrak because he's so big.

It's irritating, as it's nigh-impossible to completely shield them as they go heedlessly traipsing about the battlefield.

The only way to turn a red circle blue again is to use Dominate effects. I haven't tested whether the switch lasts beyond the spell's effect for NPCs that started out friendly or if they'll automatically go red again.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter because when hirelings die you can just rehire identical copies of them from the Keep interface immediately.

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter because when hirelings die you can just rehire identical copies of them from the Keep interface immediately.

Ahh ok, well it's only the second keep fight I've participated in, but that is pretty annoying.

The problem with this particular NPC is that you cannot hire him back... he's unique. I also now have his head in my quest stash. But I can't turn it in because I already completed that quest by telling the farmer I took care of the Ogre. Blerg, it was nie having him around.