Council of Stars: How do I get an offer from Skaen/Woedica?

I finished the game for the first time and checked all possible endings on

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_endings#Where_the_Souls_Were_Sent

To my surprise, you can actually get an offer from Skaen and send the souls to enpower Woedica. However, I can't find anyway to get this option after googling and searching on this forum.

So if you have received this ending, please tell me how to get the offer from Skaen.

You don't get it in the actual chamber, it occurs just before the end of the game. You can't miss it.

Both the Skaen and Wael "bonus" endings have some trigger requirements that you won't necessarily reach, I know that Skaen's offer triggers from having a dissident background because that's how I got it, on the other hand I never got the offer from Wael which I assume is because I didn't bury the scroll as he asked (or failed some other trigger, not sure).

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Both the Skaen and Wael "bonus" endings have some trigger requirements that you won't necessarily reach, I know that Skaen's offer triggers from having a dissident background because that's how I got it, on the other hand I never got the offer from Wael which I assume is because I didn't bury the scroll as he asked (or failed some other trigger, not sure).

Both of those statements are inaccurate. In order to get Wael's boon you can't have already accepted a god's boon in Council of Stars. As for Skaen I've gotten the offer with multiple backgrounds that were not dissident. So far as I know you always get both of their offers. The only thing you can miss is the opportunity of Wael's boon if you have already taken a god's boon.

Both of those statements are inaccurate. In order to get Wael's boon you can't have already accepted a god's boon in Council of Stars. As for Skaen I've gotten the offer with multiple backgrounds that were not dissident. So far as I know you always get both of their offers. The only thing you can miss is the opportunity of Wael's boon if you have already taken a god's boon.

Are you sure? Wael stopped me while I was walking in the final dungeon and told me his offer despite the fact that I had already accepted a boon from Hylea. I kept my word, but the option to do things Wael's way was there.

Are you sure? Wael stopped me while I was walking in the final dungeon and told me his offer despite the fact that I had already accepted a boon from Hylea. I kept my word, but the option to do things Wael's way was there.

Not the option to do Wael's ending, but the boon talent he can give.

I'm guessing there might be a few different factors (such as backgrounds) that play in but I got the option after I had helped the Skaenites in Dyrford.

EDIT: I mean, Skaen contacts you right at the end still, but he mentioned my helping of the Skaenites as a reason that I might be sympathetic towards his cause so I guess that's one trigger.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So what about Skaen? How do I get an offer from him?

it occurs just before the end of the game. You can't miss it. - no matter what.

You're wrong. I've complated game 3 times. normal/hard/PotD. So, in last time in end of the game Skaen didn't contact with me. But Wael did.

I chose to changing mind of women in Blood Legacy. And I didn't finish(or even get)  Rymgrand quest (Skaen was in vision in his quest). And I didn't finish Berath quest too. Only Galawain and Hylea quests was finished by me .

Edited by Dudraug

Wael, I believe, contacts you if you did his bidding regarding the scroll quest - even if you have already promised to another God.

Skaen/Woedica seems to have something to do with your personality. Killing the Skaen Temple people didn't seem to matter. I got it whenever I pushed Aggressive/Cruel, even when I stopped the Skaen plot. 

Wael's offer requires you to complete the Parable of Wael and bury the scroll when he asks you to. He will appear in Sun-in-shadow to make his offer, which means you must have accepted another God's boon beforehand (or you won't survive the descent).

Skaen's dialogue referenced aiding his plot in in the Skaen Temple for me, although my character also had Cruel 3.

Regarding Wael Boon: how can you survive the fall without accepting another god's boon?

Regarding Wael Boon: how can you survive the fall without accepting another god's boon?

You can still complete all the other god's quests and tell them that you need to listen to the offers of the other gods before promising that you will deal with the souls according to their wishes. When you arrive on the island you will still gain control of the souls that are enslaved to the gods and they will allow you to survive the fall. You -do not- need a god's boon to survive the fall.

• Like 1

I think Skaen's thing simply requires that you complete the Blood Legacy quest but in the resolution you must either ... A: Side with the Skaenites... B: Kill lord whats his face in the end even if you don't side with the Skaenites.

Wael's offer requires you do the quest involving the stolen scroll and when Wael tells you to hide it somewhere you honor his request and do as he asks.

Everything else posted about making it happen in this thread is probably pure malarkey. 

Edited by Karkarov

I neither sided with the Skaenites nor killed lord what's his name (:)) and still got the offer from Skaen in the end, so that's not it.

BTW:  I was very irritated that if you let the lord go (after freeing his niece and telling her to run away from the Skaenites) you lose reputation in Defiance Day (+ gain reputation in Twin Elms).  It really should be reputation neutral -- nobody suspects what he has done / attempted to do, and as long as you don't mention it yourself then...

I dug through the relevant conversation file.

Skaen remarks upon the following items in the introduction:

Helping the Skaen priests in the Blood Legacy quest: His black eyes glitter. "I have observed you, Watcher. The way you handled that noble girl in Dyrford, delivering an idle Effigy to her uncle." He nods, his bald, scarred head shining. "A most careful scheme."

nRymrgand_Coalition_State = 4: His black eyes glitter. "You know something of quiet servitude, Watcher. Groveling and simpering before the gods whose aid you need... so that when they finally raise you to a place of power, you can seize what you desire."

Slave background: His black eyes glitter. "You know the bitterness of servitude, Watcher. The sting of the lash on your back and scalding rage in your chest as you watch your masters grow fat on your toils, oil and wine dribbling down their chins while blood runs from yours."

Cruel > 2: His black eyes glitter. "I have observed you, Watcher. Admired your taste for blood and the ease with which you spill it."

Deception > 2: His black eyes glitter. "I know your ways, Watcher. Scheming and plotting, an offer of friendship in one hand and a dagger in the other."

It seems likely that you need to meet one of these 4 criteria in order for this dialog to fire.  The actual script (which would have the conditional for starting the conversation, instead of merely what happens after it starts) isn't easily accessible, so there may be additional conditionals which result in the offer being made... :(  At a minimum, though, if you meet one of the above criteria then you should get the Skaen dialog (otherwise, why include the lines in the conversation in the first place?)

If you want to view the conversation for yourself, it can be found in "PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\conversations\14_burial_isle\14_cv_skaen_betrayal.conversation" (for the logic) and "PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\localized\en\text\conversations\14_burial_isle\14_cv_skaen_betrayal.stringtable".  Both files are simple XML documents which can be viewed with any text reading program (e.g. Notepad). 

I neither sided with the Skaenites nor killed lord what's his name ( :)) and still got the offer from Skaen in the end, so that's not it.

BTW:  I was very irritated that if you let the lord go (after freeing his niece and telling her to run away from the Skaenites) you lose reputation in Defiance Day (+ gain reputation in Twin Elms).  It really should be reputation neutral -- nobody suspects what he has done / attempted to do, and as long as you don't mention it yourself then...

I think that is because you let the niece run away.  You gain the same reps even if you kill him.