Okay another way... sorry for ambiguous Topic names

Okay it seams that a Pistoliero Rogue while promising fun, it's not so great... or maybe I screwed it up.

So I will ask broadly, I am looking to make a Flavore character

Difficulty: Hard and above

The only things I want to have is that the character is Cossack Themed and is a Human or a Dwarv.

The class and playstyle doesn't really matter, can go with either a Dual Saber Fighter a Gun Rogue ( Properly built)

Unless it would be a collosal handicap for the build I would like to have a decent amount of Perception and Resolve for Dialogue options, somewhere around 15ish.

Thanks in advance and I can't reply instantly since my posts need to be approved... and last time I had to wait 8-9 hours x)

Bohun-ilustracja.jpg

I don't think that pistols are necessarily that bad.  The thing to realize is that their range is low, so using them as a sniping from behind the lines, battle opening weapon is largely out.  Pistols seem to fit better into a role where you use them AFTER the battle is joined and ranges drop to well within pistol range (i.e. 8m).

If one is wanting to play a ranged rogue who opens most battles with a long ranged shot for the within 2 seconds of battle starting sneak attack, an Arquebus is better for that since their range is 10m (and bows and xbows, better still, since their range is 12m).

A pistolero rogue seems to be working at a bit of a disadvantage due to the short range of pistols, which would prevent it from getting those instant Sneak Attacks at the start of the battle.  That said, after the battle is joined, I could see the pistolero Rogue being do-able.

As for a Cossack themed warrior, I'd think that it might be better done using either the Fighter or Barbarian classes.  The Fighter being the choice for a somewhat more cautious, balanced front liner, whereas the Barbarian would be a full-on offensive machine.  Honestly, I have no idea which would better suit the OP's vision of what a Cossack should be, but I suspect that either could work.

Well a rogue would definitively have a higher damage output, but would also be extremely squishy. If you're aiming for a tough'n rough fighter (which is what I envision, perhaps inaccurately, when I hear "Cossack"), it might be possible to go with an idea I've been fiddling with for a bit:

Fighter

Boreal Dwarf from "The White that Wends" (or Human in paranthesis). You can move the stats a bit depending on culture of origin.

Might: 20 (19)

Con: 8 (8 )

Dex: 17 (18)

Per: 15 (15)

Int: 3 (3)

Res: 15 (15)

I'm not *really* sure if the talent progress would actually play out like this (probably something I've missed), but I've been thinking along these lines:

Level 1: Knockdown
Level 2: Weapon focus: Ruffian
Level 3: Confident Aim
Level 4: Two Weapon Style
Level 5: Weapon Specialization: Ruffian
Level 6: Savage Attack
Level 7: Armored Grace
Level 8: Weapon Mastery: Ruffian
Level 9: Vigorous Defense?
Level 10: Superior Deflection/Vulnerable Attack/Some Defense Talent/?
Level 11: Unbroken
Level 12: Superior Deflection/Vulnerable Attack/Some Defense Talent/?

This would be, IMO, one tough damage dealer that can pretty much ignore whether or not he's tanking, dive into the fray, and deal out some damage.
  • High might and dex gives you the damage output
  • Low int is of no consequence as you won't rely on abilities to do your damage
  • Constant Recovery + some armor (after armored grace a medium armor will look good) + decent defense stats means you will close to tankish
  • Weapon specialization + mastery + savage attack should give (I belive) +1.45 damge bonus, which is decent
  • Unbroken gives you a free 2nd chance if you die, something a rogue or barbarian won't get

A barbarian or rogue would have a higher damage output, but they'd have nowhere close to the survivability. 

As a disclaimer: I haven't actually TRIED this build, but I reckon it would do fairly well on Hard. PotD would depend a bit more on itemization and what you do with your +deflection items.

Edited by Slapstick87
  • Like 1

Well the guns would require me to dedicate all my weapon slots... so I'm starting off with Slaptick's set up, so the class and stats are set - any and all further tips and tricks regarding the talents would be sweet

Edit: Also Skill Point alocation would be neat. Aside from the Obvious like Mechanics and Athletics

Edited by Bohun

I'm running a similar setup to Slapstick's in a game I just started, albeit using a two-handed weapon instead of dual-wielding, so I'll let you know how it goes.

As far as skills go, if you're not planning on soloing with this character, you're better off delegating Mechanics to someone else. Two points of Stealth is handy for positioning right before a fight starts, with more only needed if you want to avoid fights entirely. Lore and Survival both unlock conversation options, but these are mostly for more information, as opposed to unlocking alternate outcomes. With your low Intellect, you aren't necessarily the best scroll user in the party, but getting Lore up to 6 or 8 and putting healing scrolls on this guy might be handy for emergencies. Survival at 4 or 5 will unlock most of the conversation options from that skill, and give you a handy duration boost from food and potions.

These were the skills I used

Stealth: 6

Athletics: 5

Lore :1 (I believe I had 1 extra point left at max level so I figured, why not?)

Mechanics: 10

Survival: 4

If I did this over I would have left survival at 2, I wanted a survival of 5 for the ogre conversation but didn't realize I could just use a survival increasing scroll.