I don't know if you can really credit or blame Sawyer for NWN2. He was the design lead. But Chris Avellone was the creative director. Wouldn't that mean that all design decisions would have to be approved by Avellone? Which position holds more power? If it was Avellone's then you would have to say he had the bigger hand in how NWN2 turned out.

Avellone is also an Obsidian OWNER so justifiably he and his co owners are 100% responsible for everything Obsidian does. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ok, i finished PoE today, man what a great story and a pleasent ending. Thumbs up Obsidian!

Now its even more unfair to compare PoE with BG1 :

Charakters, Story/Plot, Writing, c&c, reactivity... all is soo much better then in BG1, a comparsion is ridiculous.

Combat is still the weak point of PoE (because of the terrible encounter design, the mechanics itself are ok imo), but its not realy badder then the combat in BG1 (without TOTSC).

Edited by Ramireza

Combat is still the weak point of PoE (because of the terrible encounter design, the mechanics itself are ok imo), but its not realy badder then the combat in BG1 (without TOTSC).

Yeah, it is. Not that it takes away too much from the overall experience, but the AI and foremost the pathfinding isn't top notch.

On a side note, since there has been some talk about NWNII, which I haven't played for quite some time. Does that elven wizard you can recruit in the capital remind anyone else of Aloth? I mean, right down to the voice.

"Combat is still the weak point of PoE (because of the terrible encounter design, the mechanics itself are ok imo), but its not realy badder then the combat in BG1 (without TOTSC)."

Despite weaknesses, combat is PE's strrngth. Its' combat is vastly superior to its story.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's a pretty huge difference just for BG1. And that's without the need to create a new setting from scratch.

exactly.

to me one of the main differences is that PoE rules and mechanics are not as good as AD&D was in BG. but it took years to AD&D to reach that level.

hopefully , with time, PoE rules will match it.

and anyway, PoE is already a good game. and it will improve.

• Like 1