Hey Guys,

I'm just curious - pistols are two-handed, right? My ranger had a pistol quite some time, after levelup the pistols now are one-handed and I can dual-wield them. But I'm sure I didn't choose any talent going to that direction. Is this a bug or feature?

Kind regars

Presumably a bug.  Early in the beta pistols were one handed but were changed to two-handed, guessing it's somehow reverted to the previous version.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Dang, and I hoped that there WAS a reason to go for a Ranger now.....:(

I just cannot get the Picture of a (restatted of course^^) Wolf Companion holding down an Enemy an ripping its throat out while his master dual wields Pistols slightly behind and blazes away out of my head....

I would, also, love to see dual-wielding pistols in the game. I don't see why you can't have both styles, one for accuracy (two-handed) and one for the purposes of dual-wielding for more overall damage output. I'm assuming they decided to go the two-handed-by-default route because of the dual-wielding (melee) mechanics not being entirely compatible.

I would, also, love to see dual-wielding pistols in the game. I don't see why you can't have both styles, one for accuracy (two-handed) and one for the purposes of dual-wielding for more overall damage output. I'm assuming they decided to go the two-handed-by-default route because of the dual-wielding (melee) mechanics not being entirely compatible.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/51/?

^Enjoy being a pirate if ya want matey.

• Like 1

Since they're basic firearms that load via the muzzle, you need two hands to reload one efficiently. This is why in real life people would wear a brace of pistols, so you could load several and unload them (relatively) quickly in turn. This is effectively what quick-switching weapon sets allows you to replicate in game.

The idea of dual wielding pistols is cool, but not really viable if you think about the mechanics and would also be somewhat overpowered as far as balance goes, which is likely the reason they were changed.

Would be cool to have a multiple-barrel pistol that can make several shots before you need to reload it (but reloading would take ages, meaning realistically you'd just have to switch to another weapon). This might be a bit too advanced for the general firearms technology level in PoE though. Maybe a repeating crossbow then?