so adra. what are they? *spoilers*

from what i have gathered, it seems like crystalized essence/or souls. essence that do not go to living creature, it is absorbed by the planet itself somehow, thus growing naturally like plants.

it also kind of a natural "battery" for essence, and people use it to power soul related stuff, even help to prevent undead deterioration like flesh does. (based on the fampyr on level 8 od nua)

also, it seems they stem from the center of the planet somehow. like od nua said, that the giant statue was " severed " from the veins of the world and it's near limitless energy is not limitless anymore thus it become precious resource that the od nua dweller fight for (mainly the undead and adra beetle)

we also know that it can "absorb" souls, which is pretty much what adra dragon is. so yeah, thoughts?

I dunno, but they grow. That is something. The implication also suggest they are alive, like plant.

Crystals grow.

I'm not saying Adra is or isn't alive, but as adra is crystalline, growth doesn't necessarily suggest anything about it.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

They're Pillars. That have existed eternally.

They are....

Pillars of Eternity

• Like 4

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

They are crystalline coral with an above-average capacity to hold or channel essence.

They're coral? Is this confirmed anywhere? It's kind of a cool notion, but I don't remember anything about that.

So, nobody knows??? ;)

(And... there is a place with Adra and water, in the main screen, when you launch the game. Do you know where is it? Maybe it's not linked to Adra... but I was wondering if it's interesting information, and maybe a clue?)

All we know is as much as the OP says - some kind of conduit  / holder / transmuter for soul essence, comes from centre of planet, necessary for animancy and other manipulations of the soul but also necessary for the regular circulation of souls. 

It really is basically identical to

Lifestream-ffvii-fmv-falling.png

I was always annoyed with the explanation of Adra. Simply put I was looking for a weakness agaist the Adra dragon and so I read all the Adra details saying it was conductive ect but nothing about what makes the material weak to use in my combat spellcasting and enchantments ect. 

Meh I never really cared about what exactly Adra other than that one moment.

They are crystalline coral with an above-average capacity to hold or channel essence.

They're coral? Is this confirmed anywhere? It's kind of a cool notion, but I don't remember anything about that.

Now that you mention it, uhh... I'm not sure. I'm absolutely certain it was mentioned pre-release, though. I think it was Sawyer that described it as coral-like.

If that's still true, it's not conveyed very well in the game that often (most of it just looks like green crystals) but sometimes when you see shaped Adra or pieces of adra (such as in the inventory) I still see the coral influence.

Either way it's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that Obsidian is using the Engwithans to pull the wool over our eyes: There are no gods to them, because they did not consider the planet to be a deity.

Hopefully, we get to fight and kill Eora in POE 2.

Pfft. That's not even hard. We've been killing Earth for 400 years and not even breaking a sweat. It's just a slow-ass grind.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

I am going out on a limb and guessing that Obsidian is using the Engwithans to pull the wool over our eyes:  There are no gods to them, because they did not consider the planet to be a deity.

Hopefully, we get to fight and kill Eora in POE 2.

I guess Berath's the Wheel is inside the planet. There are so many souls there that a greater god could have been formed there. Or was there since the beginning. And if the souls come from inside the planet like Od Nua seemed to imply (to me at least) well... the Engwithan machines seemed to prevent the souls from reaching new bodies and they were in part underground. It'd make sense.

sign.jpg

All adra machinery also accompanied by coppers. That mean something? Or it is just to conduct electricity to the adra?

Copper has a couple of standout properties: conductivity, resistance to corrosion, durability, and being biostatic (bacteria and such don't grow on copper). It also shows up in basically all living organisms.

But I'd put my bets on the suggestion that Engwithan soul machines either use or generate electricity.

Edited by gkathellar

The guidebook mentions that some belief (it's not proven at all) goes that the gods reside in the center of the earth, and that the adra pillars are the waterways through which the souls flow after a person dies. So the souls flow to a god, spend some time in their court, then flow back out into the world again, inhabiting a new body.

Of course, what we learn near the end of the game about the gods kinda throws a lot of what is believed into turmoil, and/or adds even more questions to what actually happens.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The guidebook mentions that some belief (it's not proven at all) goes that the gods reside in the center of the earth, and that the adra pillars are the waterways through which the souls flow after a person dies. So the souls flow to a god, spend some time in their court, then flow back out into the world again, inhabiting a new body.

Of course, what we learn near the end of the game about the gods kinda throws a lot of what is believed into turmoil, and/or adds even more questions to what actually happens.

Actually, IIRC one of the endgame options sort of reinforces this notion. It is at least somewhat close to the truth.

All adra machinery also accompanied by coppers. That mean something? Or it is just to conduct electricity to the adra?

Copper has a couple of standout properties: conductivity, resistance to corrosion, durability, and being biostatic (bacteria and such don't grow on copper). It also shows up in basically all living organisms.

But I'd put my bets on the suggestion that Engwithan soul machines either use or generate electricity.

I'm willing to bet that electricity goes somewhere into the process to some degree, but it could also just be a by-product, because I haven't actually seen any real electricity, just things that implies that it's there - and where would it be generated from? I have seen no batteries or generators.

I think that the copper is there for all of it's standout properties. To conduct souls or divert electric energy, the longevity due to it's resistance to corrosion, and if adra is coral-like, it won't interfere with the copper or grow over it.

I bet the engwithans coated everything adra with a varnish of copper dust. :lol:

t50aJUd.jpg