I haven't finished because I keep restarting around the beginning of Act II... :sweat:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Act 1 is easy to get past. Its act 2 you gotta contend against. Ohmanohmanohman. Those copy pasted encounters suck the life outta me, 

Act1 has the advantage of being something new and exciting, despite also having copy pasted stuff all over the place. 

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

None of the Kotors, nor Torment, nor Arcanum had expansions.  Obviously, all had patches.  Personally, I haven't found POE to be buggy at all, so I doubt that will really impact matters.  I tend to think that there is more enthusiasm for a game when it first comes out, which naturally decreases over time.  So, I doubt that the ratings will get better, especially since it was Kickstarted, meaning the people that really wanted it already have it and have been playing it.  It is unlikely to gather a huge amount of late-comers, because it IS a niche market. 

"1 is 1"

The issue with Obsidian producing buggy games is overhyped anyway. Their games are as buggy as anyone else's. In fact obsidian produced some of my favorite games ever, such as AP, F:NV, MoTB and NWN2 in general for its mods. It really baffles the mind that these other games did not receive acclaim. 

• Like 1

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

The issue with Obsidian producing buggy games is overhyped anyway. Their games are as buggy as anyone else's. In fact obsidian produced some of my favorite games ever, such as AP, F:NV, MoTB and NWN2 in general for its mods. It really baffles the mind that these other games did not receive acclaim. 

NWN2 is a godawful game and I quit it in frustration every time I tried to play it. The camera controls are some of the worst I've ever seen. It entirely killed any desire I had to play MoTB despite hearing good things about it.

New Vegas didn't receive (enough) professional acclaim because... actually, I've no clue. It has better user scores on both Metacritic and Steam, thought it sold fewer copies. I guess BGS > Obsidian in the eyes of the public.

Edited by Rosveen

Play NWN2 mods or MoTB or SoZ. Also, they fixed camera issues in updates. There is a strategic camera mode. 

Play NWN2 mods or MoTB or SoZ. Also, they fixed camera issues in updates. There is a strategic camera mode. 

Will try that, thanks - the default one is driving me nuts.  I'm trying to get into it for the first time, but the camera is annoying as the devil.

Less than half finished the first act and less than 6% finished the game? Huh.

I wonder what the average is.

It's always like this. Makes you wonder how many people get games and never play them.

Also, why the hell do we give a damned about reviews now that we....yknow, own the game and can decide for ourselves if we like it? I see an earlier example that's highlighting Pillars got a higher average review score than New Vegas, does that make it a better game? I'm sorry but if you gave me a choice between never playing New Vegas or never playing Pillars again, I'd throw Pillars under the bus in a heartbeat. Reviews are worthless once you own the game and have your own opinion on the matter.

Due to recent paid mods shenanigans, angry users voted Skyrim down to 8.0.

It's also worth noting Pillars dropped several points when the limerick fiasco happened.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

After seeing the metacritic scores "professional" reviewers gave DA:Inquisition, I realized that their score can be completely ignored. That game got a 5.8 from players, and that's pretty kind. If any metacritic score should be considered, it is they user score. 

Even so, there's plenty of great games that have been shafted through the years by heard-mentality, such as Alpha Protocol and Daikatana.