(Spoilers) need help with a quest

This is going to have spoilers for act 3 so be warned

I am doing the quest "servant of Death" and i know there is a way to get high ovate erona to willingly commit suicide through talking with her. my question is how? I have aloth in the party, and that dosn't do it, then i read that you need a character with resolution 15 and i have one with 16, but that dosn't trigger the option either? can some one please help?

This is going to have spoilers for act 3 so be warned

I am doing the quest "servant of Death" and i know there is a way to get high ovate erona to willingly commit suicide through talking with her. my question is how? I have aloth in the party, and that dosn't do it, then i read that you need a character with resolution 15 and i have one with 16, but that dosn't trigger the option either? can some one please help?

Only your main characters stats count for conversation checks.  So if your main character does not have 15 resolve it doesn't count.  Also I am not sure 15 is the real requirement.  As an aside just killing her actually has very little effect on your reputations and the golden grove can still like you just fine.

^This. Also, unless you're playing in expert mode, try turning on the option that shows "requirement not met" attribute checks. I might be wrong but I think there are other ways to convince her, not only resolve 15. Even if there aren't, 15 isn't that high, you can get it through sleeping in some inn and puting on an enchanted piece of armor. 

The real problem with this quest starts when you try to get the dwarf killed. Has anyone found a way to kill him without slaughtering the entire cave? I understand that he won't let us talk him into suicide, ok, but perhaps there is an option to kill him quietly, poison him, etc. 

^This. Also, unless you're playing in expert mode, try turning on the option that shows "requirement not met" attribute checks. I might be wrong but I think there are other ways to convince her, not only resolve 15. Even if there aren't, 15 isn't that high, you can get it through sleeping in some inn and puting on an enchanted piece of armor. 

The real problem with this quest starts when you try to get the dwarf killed. Has anyone found a way to kill him without slaughtering the entire cave? I understand that he won't let us talk him into suicide, ok, but perhaps there is an option to kill him quietly, poison him, etc. 

Nah, dev commentary says that the area was made so you fight your way out of it when you kill him.

The Ethik Nol are a bunch of psycho's anyway, I had no moral twinges about putting them all to the sword.

I might be okay with cutting down a bunch of NPC whose behaviour I find repulsive. Some of my characters... not so much.

Ritualistic sacrifice is not psychopathic. Stop giving people with psychopathy a bad name. getlost.gif

They sacrifice people by trapping their soul in their blood, then grind their blood up into face paint and rub it all over themselves.  You don't find that mildly troubling?  Did I mention that people killed in this way are also permanently dead and taken out of the reincarnation cycle?

Edited by Karkarov

You don't find that mildly troubling?

I didn't say it wasn't morally questionable (as viewed by our own society). I said it wasn't psychopathic. Psychopathy and ritualistic sacrifice or murder have nothing to do with each other. I would like you to stop assigning false meaning to words you don't fully understand. The condition gets misrepresented more than enough in modern media as it is.

• Like 2

Ritualistic sacrifice is not psychopathic. Stop giving people with psychopathy a bad name. getlost.gif

They sacrifice people by trapping their soul in their blood, then grind their blood up into face paint and rub it all over themselves.  You don't find that mildly troubling?  Did I mention that people killed in this way are also permanently dead and taken out of the reincarnation cycle?

Not true, they're reincarnated as magic ointment.

Not true, they're reincarnated as magic ointment.

You have a good point.  Maybe that Olay facial cream was someones descendant?

As for Keneth, dude dismount your high horse, I am very well aware of what a psychopath is and if you think a person who chooses to extend their own life by ritualistically killing people after convincing them it is for the "greater good" could potentially be an attractive lifestyle to one you are off your rocker.  Meanwhile don't take every word someone says on the internet seriously and try to relax.  We are talking about a video game.

I am very well aware of what a psychopath is

You clearly have no idea what a psychopath is if you're willing to put that stamp on any random murderer.

I could not decypher the rest of the sentence even after accounting for the missing puncuation. Attractive to one what? One psychopath? To anyone? I think you're projecting your own subjective sense of morality on a group within a society that has little in common with ours.

Some of the people in there could very well be psychopaths, but such a lifestyle is no less likely to attract people who are not psychopaths, so there is zero correlation between the two.

Meanwhile don't take every word someone says on the internet seriously and try to relax.

You say that as though I'm not relaxed. I argue for the sake of arguing. I don't get worked up over it.

For the record though, telling someone you don't know to relax is gonna backfire on you 99% of the time. Don't try it in a bar.

• Like 1