Looting and Rioting in Baltimore

ktchong

I am 100% behind any of you that wish to distribute your wealth to me. Just lemme know how much you will give and I can setup a Paypal account. Don't be stingy either, I have needs. yes.gif

You need to give a story to make them feel sorry for you, fool!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Gfted1 Apologies for attempting to have a conversation with you. It's quite obviously futile. I won't make that mistake again.

Oh noes! TBH, I haven't found you to be worthy of conversing with...since Ive become aware of you. I guess we all have our crosses to bear. :shrugz:

I am 100% behind any of you that wish to distribute your wealth to me. Just lemme know how much you will give and I can setup a Paypal account. Don't be stingy either, I have needs. yes.gif

You need to give a story to make them feel sorry for you, fool!

I was born a poor white child and was raised by a single mother from age 7 onward. ALL YOUR LOOTS ARE BELONG TO ME.

Yeah there's nobody in mainstream American politics even close to stuff like that. 

I'm all for shaping governmental power so it can be used to redistribute wealth more equitably. 

But then so is everybody outside the extreme political fringes where I'm from. Even the conservatives. The only disagreement is about what the optimal distribution of wealth is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/26/world/europe/speeding-in-finland-can-cost-a-fortune-if-you-already-have-one.html?_r=0

But this link doesn't discuss or even suggest the idea of redistribution of wealth?

Its about a weighted fine system based on your wealth?

Also what do you mean by "redistribute wealth more equitably"..can you go into detail so its clear  how this distribution would or could work?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Have a progressive taxation system. Use the revenues to provide everyone with the necessities for a life of dignity. Adjust the tax progression so that an optimal distribution of wealth is maintained.

(Right now though the acute problem is tax avoidance. Once your income goes past a certain point, you're able to avail yourself of financial tools that make taxes, essentially, voluntary. We need to fix that first, then we can worry about tax progression.)

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Use the revenues to provide everyone with the necessities for a life of dignity.

So basic income or some other means ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Use the revenues to provide everyone with the necessities for a life of dignity.

So basic income or some other means ?

There are lots of possibilities. Basic income could be a part of it. Many goods can and in many places already are simply provided free of charge -- healthcare, education, access to basic cultural goods (libraries etc). I would like to add pretty much everything from the bottom two tiers of Maslow's hierarchy of needs: food, shelter, hygiene, basic clothing, and so on.

Seriously, we could easily provide all that to everyone without breaking a sweat. We don't have a productive capacity problem; we have a distribution problem.

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There are lots of possibilities. Basic income could be a part of it. Many goods can and in many places already are simply provided free of charge -- healthcare, education, access to basic cultural goods (libraries etc). I would like to add pretty much everything from the bottom two tiers of Maslow's hierarchy of needs: food, shelter, hygiene, basic clothing, and so on.

Seriously, we could easily provide all that to everyone without breaking a sweat. We don't have a productive capacity problem; we have a distribution problem.

I see, I guess Guaranteed Minimum Income is better, rather than just getting money for being there - though I suppose testing people to see if they deserve it may be problematic.

Visions of B-52s pulling Arclight missions with giant 500lb tanks of pepper spray.

/drool

Bet all that righteous indignation would melt away in an instant. :lol:

I'm surprised that you didn't propose dispersal via drones.  :biggrin:

That would work as well, imagine how many drones a B-52 could carry!

Visions of B-52s pulling Arclight missions with giant 500lb tanks of pepper spray.

/drool

Bet all that righteous indignation would melt away in an instant. :lol:

I'm surprised that you didn't propose dispersal via drones.  :biggrin:

My original thought was drone dispersal, like when they crop dust fields for pests. But then Malc went and one-upped me so I had to roll with the BUFF's.

Its been almost 2 hours since I offered the world the opportunity to give me their wealth. No replies yet. Weird how armchair social engineering doesn't work. :(

^ I'll be happy to help you out when I'm no longer extorted by the government into paying for protection I don't get need and services I don't receive.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Needs to be more pathetic. Grow a sketchy goatee and wear fashion glasses and maybe fabricate a tale of oppression as a Cubs fan or something.

^ I'll be happy to help you out when I'm no longer extorted by the government into paying for protection I don't get need and services I don't receive.

Your generosity knows no bounds. Iirc, you hail from the "S" portion of your location so I could not in good conscience accept your redistributed wealth. Is your crib by the beach by chance? Maybe I could just flop there for a while when I go on vacation that other suckers hand wringers financed?

Needs to be more pathetic. Grow a sketchy goatee and wear fashion glasses and maybe fabricate a tale of oppression as a Cubs fan or something.

Hmm, I don't like hippies or the Cubs. Can I just wear stuff made out of hemp instead?

Because I love to watch the world burns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLrHTW-zVWk

Are they throwing garbage at those people cause they're white?

****ing genius strategy right there.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Of course the 'progressive' left will never acknowledge this, because they are too infatuated with their fantasies of shaping said government power for coercively implementing their vision of "social progress" and economic redistribution.

And if the left had their way, cops would not merely be legally privileged gun wielders, they'd be the only ones allowed to wield guns.

What is this "progressive left" you keep referring to in these bogeyman posts you make? Because the American left I'm aware of is very much for the repeal of PATRIOT, the de-militarization of police forces, the reduction of the budget dedicated to the intelligence apparatus, etc.

Sure, they like to complain about some of the side-effects of big government and hold emotional speeches about the need for "change" to make themselves feel better, but when push comes to shove and they realize that actual change would threaten the political-financial complex that their Democratic party is deeply embedded in, they backpedal.

PS: Same with immigration reform. Progressives love to exploit tragic stories of immigrants to proof to each other how much the 'care', but when it comes to concrete policy suggestions, they quickly find excuses and the only ones left defending proposals for more open borders are libertarian / classical-liberal types.

Edited by Ineth
  • Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Your generosity knows no bounds. Iirc, you hail from the "S" portion of your location so I could not in good conscience accept your redistributed wealth. Is your crib by the beach by chance? Maybe I could just flop there for a while when I go on vacation that other suckers hand wringers financed?

Who said anything about wealth. I said I'd help you out. I can offer moral support. And not-so-witty one liners.

And no, I live in a city inland. No beach for me (or you). :(

If you ever come visiting hit me up, I can still afford to buy you a beer -it remains to be seen for how long- if you are into that sort of thing. :*

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Because I love to watch the world burns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLrHTW-zVWk

Are they throwing garbage at those people cause they're white?

****ing genius strategy right there.

I don't know, man. It's hard to be 100% sure what it is we're seeing in that video, but from what I can make out it looks like an altercation between angry protesters and drunk sports bar patrons, where both sides are equally to blame.

I didn't notice any evidence for your "cause they're white" interpretation.

Nor do I believe that anything in that video is part of any "strategy" shared by the protesters as a whole (most of whom are peaceful).

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I don't know, man. It's hard to be 100% sure what it is we're seeing in that video, but from what I can make out it looks like an altercation between angry protesters and drunk sports bar patrons, where both sides are equally to blame.

I didn't notice any evidence for your "cause they're white" interpretation.

Nor do I believe that anything in that video is part of any "strategy" shared by the protesters as a whole (most of whom are peaceful).

Of course it's not some organized strategy, I just wanted to point out how stupid it was.

As for your interpretation, I struggle to see it. The rioters threw something at the bar people every single time, with one exception of a table rolling out to the rioters (which occurs shortly after another garbage can hits near them and a barrier gets tipped over). There's also black people amongst the bar guys (check the security guy) who aren't treated to this. Likewise, take the first guy as an example: he gets garbage thrown at him and he flips and rushes the guy. Should he have done that? No, he's an idiot, but the other guy did throw the first "punch." The moment he reacts, he gets SWARMED. Shortly after, another bar goer in front shouts "this is not protesting" and is treated to getting garbage thrown on him by another guy who helped swarm (and got the first guy's hoodie, which seems to be his now).

I'm sorry but it's very hard to ignore the facts of what we're seeing. Rationally speaking, you cannot let this one clip be demonstrative of the entire riots, but within this singular clip? Yes, it very much looks like race is a big factor here, and it doesn't really look like the bar goers are doing much to deserve that beyond voicing their objections with what's going on.

Your source - let's be real here - is also very much suspect to bias. I'm not doubting there were peaceful protests too, but your source also claims "100 or so" people got violent, and the overwhelming amounts of videos I can find to the contrary suggests that no, the violent protestors are not in the minority. They need to be addressed.

This is my point, nothing more: that video? That video is very damning. Someone needs to get in front of a camera calmly and explain those people do not represent the majority. If race truly isn't playing a part in who the rioters lash out at, surely someone is willing to say so.Maybe they have already, mind you; I just got here and just started digging on this story. So far I cannot find that, and the only article I've seen to the contrary is yours, which wishes to claim the amount of violent protestors are a severe minority, which seems to be in blatant denial of the reality of the situation. It's fine that there's peaceful protesters, I would expect that much, but let's not ignore the rioters who seem very ignorant, very stupid and potentially prone towards drawing racial lines. And I must say, in contrast to the Ferguson protests? I remember distinctly that when Ferguson had more violent riots, they were brief and sudden, and the very next day, the protests themselves had organizers who would get in front of the cameras ASAP and explain how that's not representative of them, while explaining who they are and what they do. I could be wrong here, but I also think I recall Obama showing some degree of sympathy on the matter (aka saying questions have been raised that should be investigated).

Here? As I said I just got involved with this story, but I can find no example of a peaceful protest organizer stepping up in front of cameras, and every video I find is absolutely disgraceful. Obama himself is commenting that there's "no excuse" for this crap. I do not believe the media would show a level-headed approach to Ferguson and then come Baltimore they have some agenda to push and don't want you to know about the peaceful side of things. FFS, I can link you a video of a CNN report where the reporter is by no means damning of the happenings, but during the whole report, there's guys screaming at him, grabbing for the mic, grabbing for the camera and one guy saying "we WILL kill." This hardly seems like a media frame-up to screw over black people. No, this seems like the riots and protests truly are that ****.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Of course the 'progressive' left will never acknowledge this, because they are too infatuated with their fantasies of shaping said government power for coercively implementing their vision of "social progress" and economic redistribution.

And if the left had their way, cops would not merely be legally privileged gun wielders, they'd be the only ones allowed to wield guns.

What is this "progressive left" you keep referring to in these bogeyman posts you make? Because the American left I'm aware of is very much for the repeal of PATRIOT, the de-militarization of police forces, the reduction of the budget dedicated to the intelligence apparatus, etc.

Sure, they like to complain about some of the side-effects of big government and hold emotional speeches about the need for "change" to make themselves feel better, but when push comes to shove and they realize that actual change would threaten the political-financial complex that their Democratic party is deeply embedded in, they backpedal.

PS: Same with immigration reform. Progressives love to exploit tragic stories of immigrants to proof to each other how much the 'care', but when it comes to concrete policy suggestions, they quickly find excuses and the only ones left defending proposals for more open borders are libertarian / classical-liberal types.

So, the "left" for you is the Democratic Party? That explains a lot.

The Russian ambassador should go and offer the peaceful protesters some cookies (and by the looks of things some toilet paper, what's up with the number 1 looted item being bog roll. Could understand if it were...) and moral support in their struggle. It'd make me laugh.

CLXLLog.jpg

Ah, Separatists! Must be an outside group though, all separatists are outside groups so due to the toilet paper I'm going to blame everything on Maduro in Venezuela trying to destabilise the US rather than any policies of the government, local or national.