I feel this is a very basic question, but I haven't found the answer anywhere so I'm hoping to get one here:

Do the "+25% damage to creature type" talents work on spell damage, or just weapon damage? And what about the weapon enchants with similar effects (lashes)?

Thanks in advance for any info on this!

• 10 months later...

It's odd how it works but so far on my Druid it did increase damage on overwhelming wave which is a crush type damage when I tested it on bears. But the increase might be based off the base damage of the skill. So for overwhelming wave the base is 30-40 so 30 x .25/ 40 x .25 from beast slayer gives a 7.5 damage increase for minumum and 10 to the max which is added on to the increase might gives. So for me, might gives a 33% boost which makes the skill 40-53. Add the beast slayer to base and it should be around 47.5-63. Since it hit oernos for 58 base before DR, the skill did work.

Gonna test it with elemental damage later.

Edit: Tested secrets of rime on my human party with chill fog and these type of talens scale off the base damage of any skill before might is applied. Tested that by looking at my chill fogs damage which is base 12-18. With might bonus of 36% damage it goes to 16-24. If secrets of rime scaled after the might damage was applied it would be 19.3-28.8. But one of the hits on my human party member was 18.8. Meaning it scales off base which would be lower at 18.4-27.6

Having confirmed that it scales like that. I then used chill fog on more bears with my wizard having secrets of rime + beast slayer. One of the hits on an elder bear was 32.2. Which is much higher than rime would provide by itself meaning beast slayer increases damage off of elemental spells as well based off the base damage. So it would give my chillfog boosted by 36% damage from might, 20% from secrets of rime and 25% beast slayer around 21.72-32.58 damage. Or basically a 81% damage increase from base since all modifiers seem calculate off the base damage only.

Edited by Dinky Dino