Information on IE Mod

Since there's no modding sub-forum yet and the BB sub-forums have been closed, I'll just leave a link to the IE mod here. It would be a shame to see it become buried after all the work that went into it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/1/?#content

There was an update on April 25th, does anybody know what's new?

IEMod is a great start but I'd love to see a full blown ShadowKeeper for this game.  It's fun to create your own multi-class spec to solo and mess around with but

it's a hassle to do it through the console.

• Like 1

Since there's no modding sub-forum yet and the BB sub-forums have been closed, I'll just leave a link to the IE mod here. It would be a shame to see it become buried after all the work that went into it.

IEMod is a great start but I'd love to see a full blown ShadowKeeper for this game.  It's fun to create your own multi-class spec to solo and mess around with but

it's a hassle to do it through the console.

Well, I really use it for the quality of life improvements + that amazing solid UI. Haven't really messed around with the console, but no modding sub-forum means its existence gets lost beneath all the nonsense general discussion topics.

The is a "Changes" pane in the main mod page. You can check what is new there.

The is a "Changes" pane in the main mod page. You can check what is new there.

there is no entry for 4_17

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

IEMod is a great start but I'd love to see a full blown ShadowKeeper for this game.

Is this about what you're looking for?

EDIT: never mind; just seen it is no longer being maintained.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

IE Mod works great, I used it mainly to re-balance my companion's attributes, abilities, skills and talents, as they are not that great

There are a lot of cool features as well, like the autosave option that helps with long save/load times during area transitions, until the Obsidian devs can fix the problem

Some screenshots below of the mod which latches on to your options menu:

oampOK5.png2VWYPrD.png

Edited by Descartian

Wouldn't play without :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

A lot of fixes and new features with the upcoming patch 1.05 :)

• There's a new option to reset newly recruited companions to level 1 (without losing the experience). This will allow you to level up companions to your liking.
  • Like 3

not sure if the mod itself was the cause or player requests on the forum

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

I am sure both, but who cares?

Great work from both the developers and the guys over at IE Mod, with regular updates coming from both, let us continue to enjoy this awesome game

All the changes coming with 1.05 , shows the developers really care about the game and what the community thinks 

• Like 2

Most likely due to forum feedback. IE mod just implemented some of the features before the dev team.

Yeah and that forum feedback was "I used the IE mod to change the stats of my NPCs" - seen heaps of people who posted that online everywhere.

• Like 1

Yeah, they haven't even implemented separation of Neutral NPC:s and Allies, the Priest/Paladin Dispositions fix, nor the fix to movement recovery. I think that changes are based almost entirely on popularity or the perceived number of people that are asking for something. I would not be so quick as to attribute something to the IEMod itself or the arguments on the forum, since they seem to pay very little attention to either.

This is not me trying to drag down the IEMod at all, it's an amazing piece of work. I just don't think that it sparked the coming change.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

influence of change does not have to be direct. The mod increased the amount of people talking about changing companion builds. It was a function talked about everywhere, and people said they liked it.

Back in the very early beta before Bester's mod tools. I modded the Inventory to be 16 slots (used to be 8 ). Everyone thought that 16 was better, so they changed it back to 16. People were already asking for more inventory slots but the mod increased the chatter.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2