Supposedly there are items to be gained from prisoners but I have not heard of anyone getting anything but a couple hundred coppers.  Has anyone collected all the available prisoners and held them for a while in a high-reputation stronghold?

Also, can we make a list of the loot lost by taking each prisoner?

Gramrfel - Dead Man Standing
Kestorik - 3 emeralds, vithrack brain
Aefre - nothing important
Nyrid - grimoire
Eorn - ?
Naelde - ?
Captain Esmer - ?

There is nothing to gain by holding Esmar in your dungeon. I held him in a 40+ prestige 40+ security stronghold for over two weeks of in-game time and nobody came for him. You either kill him or let him go.

Gramfel seems to escape within a day no matter what, 0 security or 40.

I knew I should have just killed Nyrid... Oh well, does anyone know if your reputation or starts such as stoic, benevolent and the like change if you decide to kill them instead?

There's no particular impact for such, since you might not have the dungeon at that point. They ask for mercy and you go, "Too late!" and then you kill 'em.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Mine broke free with 42 security irrc and I was pouring money into security only for this reason as the game told me, before, my security was low. So what is not low? Never got an item also.

No surprise there. Stronghold mechanics are garbage, man.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I had Nyrid in my dungeon for an entire run and nothing ever happened. No breakouts, no offers to take him off my hands. Dungeon is only there for the roleplaying value; if you're playing the kind of character who likes to be merciful and take prisoners when possible, you can do it.

Best i got is some cash, but never made back the price of building the prison in the first place, also locking up people seemed pretty random. Why would my party bother locking up some random guys ? No one wants them and they know nothing, hell i would gladly start a slave and kidnapping business, even sell em off as parts, or snacks or whatever.

I rather snatch some nobles off the street they may even have value.

Maybe have a chance to gain the allegiance of named captives, so you get them as randomized slightly stronger adventurers with more talents and stats.

Mine broke free with 42 security irrc and I was pouring money into security only for this reason as the game told me, before, my security was low. So what is not low? Never got an item also.

No surprise there. Stronghold mechanics are garbage, man.

Too bad because I do like the concept and some of the details implemented. Has potential.

The slaver and animancer can come for any prisoner in my experience. The animancer has always offered me bull**** prices (~250c), but the slaver is usually quite generous (~1200cp). In the end, I've more than made up for the cost of the dungeon.

Also, I've had prisoners escape on me even with security above 40, but after I hit 50+, I haven't had a single escapee.

But yeah, stronghold mechanics are pretty bad...

• 9 months later...

Weirdly you can actually loot Nyrid even if you take him prisoner.

Just come back into the house a day or so later after completing the related quest and the loot will be there on the floor where he used to stand... It's not immediately there after sending him to prison - you have to wait and come back later... (for some weird reason that is beyond me...)