Found a perfect description for PoE!

Not gay enough for far too many!

• Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

Deep as Mariana Trench, high as Olympus Mons, width as Equator, long as Nile, and flawed as Human.

Hahahahahaha ! Comedy !  If Pillars of Eternity is so big to you, I wonder what is your favorite RPG ? Some post-2006 trash? Ahahahh

Edited by Luj1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Deep as Mariana Trench, high as Olympus Mons, width as Equator, long as Nile, and flawed as Human.

Hahahahahaha ! Comedy !  If Pillars of Eternity is so big to you, I wonder what is your favorite RPG ? Some post-2006 trash? Ahahahh

My favorite RPGs are Fallout 2, Darklands, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate 2,  Planescape: Torment, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of Underdark, The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind, Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask Of Betrayer.

RPGs that I have also liked but don't necessary say that they are my favorites are: Buldur's Gate, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars: Knight of Old Republic, Star Wars: Knight of Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir, The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Alpha Protocol, Final Fantasy 8, Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished, Fallout, Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos, Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, Dragon Age: Inquisitor, Jade Empire, Fable, Fable II, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, The Dark Eye: Drakensang, The Dark Eye: Drakensang: The River of Time, Heroine Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok, Quest for Glory, Quest for Glory III, The Witcher, Witcher 2, Septerra Core, Betrayal at Krondor  Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2 (this is bit there because I like how it begins but after while I just can't continue it). I probably have forgotten some but maybe they aren't that good as I can remember them.

I don't have any elitist likes and dislikes, but I prefer RPGs using isometric viewpoint over those that don't, but it isn't prerequisite for me to like the game.

• Like 1

So what if his favorite RPG is "post 2006 trash" ?

there is no reason to make fun of him. You are behaving like a very immature and unintelligent individual who thinks that he is better than others for a very retarded reason. There are other reasons to enjoy action RPGs even if you enjoy older CRPGs.

And BTW I felt that SKYRIM was around the same level of fun as BG2 ,it is an amazing game even if it is a little light on some of the RPG elements: its' skill system ,crafting mechanics and exploration/adventure elements are fun as hell and give you a sense of freedom and enjoyment that older RPGs simply couldn't give you with all of their restrictions...

Edited by barakav
  • Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

This is really getting pathetic.  Sensuki's temper tantrums, the sudden flood of negative spam, the troll codex review, etc.  It's a bunch of incestuous communities realizing that their groupthink isn't dominant, and they don't own works of creative expression that they had no part in making.  The comments, like the original post, are neither valuable nor insightful.

If the game was really bad, people would be ignoring it.  I can't think of the last time I talked about Assassin's Creed 1 or the Syndicate FPS.  To give an rpg example, I'll talk the **** out of some Geneforge and Avernum/Exile, but I've mostly ignored Avadon.  People are still talking about and enjoying PE, despite the trolls.

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 3

Big as the sea. Deep as a puddle. Isnt that cool?

This is blatantly Skyrim's "a mile wide, an inch deep" little tagline, and I think it really highlights how ridiculous this is both in that you're trying to claim this is some huge game and in that the content it does contain is that short and shallow. It's neither.

My favorite RPGs are Fallout 2, Darklands, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate 2,  Planescape: Torment, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of Underdark, The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind, Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask Of Betrayer.

Dude don't even bother answering him, his statement and implied argument itself are just flawed. Even if you did like some post-2006 RPG, it wouldn't prove a thing. Besides, as I've stated, I'm still down for debating with anyone why New Vegas is a superior RPG to the original Fallouts. I'd love to have that convo if one of these pretentious little dudes is up for it.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

"And, of course, the one sentence opinions of internet posters are sufficient to decide matters.

Don't the put-down crowd have other hobbies?"

L0L

"It takes a shallow person to overlook the rich lore of PoE."

It takes a shallow person to think POE lore is deep and not just bland gobbly ****.

Come on, guys. I liek the game but no need to make stuff up to make it seem better than it actually is.

"If the game was really bad, people would be ignoring it."

Kiddin' right? Are you new the net? :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Limiting the liberties the player has within the game engine doesn't do good to depth of a RPG.

Some reasons for which PoE is shallow compared to the classics, that quickly comes to mind:

- Locked chest / doors (without key) - PoE only allows you to open these with mechanics, no mechanics => no opened door. Most of RPGs allow you to lockpick, bash/destroy or open by spell. A minus to PoE.

- Being stuck in combat - why can't you flee if you have superior speed or a magical meanings to escape (like invisibility)? Fencing the player once the combat has started removes another layer of depth, most of the classic RPGs allows you to change the map if you run away.

- Cannot use items on neutral / hostile creatures to alter their stats or attitude towards PC. In Arcanum the humanoid creatures even picked up ground items near them, in PoE you cannot even drop an item on the ground.

- No routine for neutral creatures in the game world based by day/night cycles. Even in BG1 some shops were closed at night, in Arcanum the shopkeepers were locking their shops and went to their beds. Not to speak of the living world of Ultima 7

It seems that for every two steps forward in one aspect, PoE took two steps back in another.