I've run into several Barbarian-class enemies in the Warden Bounties and they appear to be capable of one-shotting my party members with Heart of Fury.

Namely, combat log shows the Barbarian using Heart of Fury to deal 33~ damage with a single standard hit (no crit), but the target character takes well over 130 damage. This is with a full level 12 party on Hard, on an offtank with 16 DR and 130~ endurance. My offtank had not lost anywhere close to 30%, let alone 90% of his endurance in one shot since the Adra Dragon.

In both cases I have encountered this, the barbarians were dual-wielding Fine battle axes. Assuming the AI barbarians are using the same ability as the level 11 Heart of Fury for player barbarians, this kind of single target burst makes no sense. Is this a bug or one of those "save or die" hazards, like Petrify?

Edited by Concordance

Sounds like a bug to me. It's clearly BS. You should probably report it in Tech Support.

But then, Xaurip Champions get something like 5 castings of Lay Hands per encounter, so who really knows?

What, me, bitter?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I've always wondered about Heart of Fury -- if you use it against 5 enemies and each hit procs Carnage, does that mean each enemy gets hit for 1x (normal damage) + 4x (carnage damage)?

In other words, landing a Heart of Fury against multiple enemies at once would basically let you deal several times your attack damage to all of them, all at once.

What does your combat log say?  How was the 130 damage dealt?  All in one blow?  Spread across several?

I've always wondered about Heart of Fury -- if you use it against 5 enemies and each hit procs Carnage, does that mean each enemy gets hit for 1x (normal damage) + 4x (carnage damage)?

In other words, landing a Heart of Fury against multiple enemies at once would basically let you deal several times your attack damage to all of them, all at once.

What does your combat log say?  How was the 130 damage dealt?  All in one blow?  Spread across several?

The combat log in both cases showed the Barbarian activating Heart of Fury and hitting my offtank once, for about 33 damage. The actual hit was over 100+ after 16 damage reduction. The main tank had too high deflection to get hit by any of the enemies in warden bounties.

None of the enemies looked like they could cast Death Ring or Detonate (which make low endurance characters explode), so the one-shot blow came from the Barbarian only.

Edited by Concordance

Wait, so your character took over 100 damage without any record of it appearing in the combat log?  All the log had was the 33 damage hit?  That's really weird.

Might be worth it to try and reproduce the bug if possible.  Did it happen more than once? Or did you just clear the fight in one go?

Edited by AlphaMagnum